Welcome to PatsFans.com

A look at defensive penalties stats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by bostonia3333, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bostonia3333

bostonia3333 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 2 / -2

The Colts are the least penalized team in the NFL when it comes to giving another team a first down via penalty. The Colts have only been called for 9 first down penalties all season. A remarkably disciplined team.

Pats aren't too bad with 11 first down penalties--I think there was one we would like to have back though.

Speaking of Houston, the last two games against Indy, they have had 23 penalties for 232 yards.... Talk about a team melting under pressure.

2009 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN
  2. makoute

makoute Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -0

Speaking of Houston, those PI calls against were crap, but then again this is the colts.
  3. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Is it just by coincidence that teams that play in Indy get penalized WAY more than the Colts and it happens to teams that are otherwise low-penalized teams.
  4. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Bogus pass interference calls drive me nuts because of them being a spot foul and it seems the Colts always get them. It must be Polian chirping in somebodies ear.
  5. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

I think all 11 came against the Colts via PI calls.:cool:
  6. abdul7

abdul7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I nearly threw the tv remote against the wall last night when that PI call was made against Houston,,started shouting and my wife coudnt understand why i was making such an uproar since the Patriots wernt playing !! I watch a lot and i mean a lot of games because i enjoy the NFL, but why is it only the Colts get these calls ???
    The second PI call in the Endzone was a clear one but the first one to move the Colts 45 yards was outrageaus even the commentaters i dont who were so puzzled !! well that was the turning point for me in the game, with Houston leading 20-7 in the 3rd quarter. That really gave the Colts more confidence after they scored that TD.
    Look i think the Colts are a very good team and its not me hating them for the rivalry but these calls are making me think now maybe ,,just maybe there is something there just not right. I will never forget that bogus call against Troy in that AFC Game which also swung the game for the Colts. Peace. Abdul
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.