PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

9/19 Daily scandal press -- Post 'em all here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the same article :

"The extent to which the Patriots are being vilified for "cheating" is out of control. The act of taping the Jets' signals was against the rules. The location of the camera was against the rules. But cheating?The transgression is egregious because they went against an edict specifically aimed at them. They jaywalked in front of a cop who told them not to jaywalk. So it was aggravated jaywalking."

Nice :)

WTF is Mortenson talking about? That's exactly the kind of statement that makes no sense at all. So, there's this grand cheating operation....that no one on the team seems aware of. Except BB, I guess? Is that to counter the notion that no former players have blown the whistle on them?

steve carroll on rome is burning...when asked about BB ..he said pro sports is very competitve..everyone is looking to gain an edge. they try to push the line as close to the rules as possible..and if you go over and get caught..well you get penalized...never did he mention the word "cheaiting" he also siad thats how it is in all walks of life, you try to gain any advantage you can

posting here in the dead zone

must get a room for this stuff..no oone wants to post what they think is a good thread on a thread it seems...it does get lost here

man.... you can hear a pin drop in this thread :confused:

"Statement by Kimmons Security Services" -- ok, that's a paid blurb on PR Newswire! It's just a security company trying to use a news story as an advertising opportunity.

Indeed - I'm pitching Manjudas as a spokesman for d-Con Rat Poison as we speak.

"Hi - I'm Eric Mangini... to catch a rat, you've got to think like a rat, that's why I know that the number one Rat killer on the market today, is d-Con!"

6148324.jpg

Last edited:
out there...there are a lot of new posts :D

Current cited two rumors, and correctly called out the second one as incoherent. But the first one, quoted above, is incoherent too, unless the Jets are on the Competition Committee.

That said, SOMEBODY leaked the tape who shouldn't have, and it's almost certainly somebody from one of the many organizations currently taking a holier-than-thou attitude.

i wonder it commish is covering up for the comp committee?
no matter what...this is very serious...and he has the gaul to ask for more stuff from the pats! dictatorshiip

The board has gotten choked by separate threads on every single columnist and talking head weighing in with his or her opinion. Please support our ability to talk football by posting all of these items here. (Actual breaking news is another story, of course.) Thank you!

It's a nice try, patchick ... but you don't understand the dynamic. It's all about starting threads with your name on it. And if you notice, the people that start the most threads are the ones with the least value to say. Although I'm sure in their own minds their Golden Wisdom deserves prominent place in it's own thread.

Unless the mods do something, this board will continue to be a mess for a while longer.

R

It's a nice try, patchick ... but you don't understand the dynamic. It's all about starting threads with your name on it. And if you notice, the people that start the most threads are the ones with the least value to say. Although I'm sure in their own minds their Golden Wisdom deserves prominent place in it's own thread.

Unless the mods do something, this board will continue to be a mess for a while longer.

R

I usually trim a quoted post but your comments bear repeating.
The "Look At ME!!!" dynamic is running full blast.
This Forum has become more noise than content since the debacle started.
I'm with patchick, group all the attention grabbing commentators in the press into one butt ugly thread and move on to Patriots FOOTBALL!

Last edited:

Well, this was my attempt to "do something"! :) Other suggestions most welcome.

IMO, individual threads about media reports that introduce NEWS are fine. It's the separate thread for every talking head's personal opinions ("Susquehanna Bee-Ledger: Cheating Isn't Good, I think") that I think ought to stick together. Here's today's omnibus thread:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=61888

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes