PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

6 points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsrooter

Rookie
Reaction score
I can't believe the line is at us getting 6 points, against Cincy...?

Patsrooter said:

I can't believe that either.

Last edited:
The Pats reputation is in flux right now, an unknown quantity. Gamblers, like fans, are divided. The trend for the Pats IMO in unmistakably up, but it may not begin this week. Cinci is explosive and opportunistic, two traits which our team has not demonstrated at all thus far. 6 points seems more than reasonable until the Pats show some spark. My guess is the smart money goes on Cinci this week, guessing the Pats haven't hit rock bottom before gelling and bouncing back strong.

6 is a lot but I can't say I'd feel confident taking it. I was more surprised that we were giving 6.5 last week vs. Denver. I know it's easy to say now but that was crying for money on Denver.

Home team gets 3 points automatically. So, they are basically saying that the Bengals are playing 3 points better than the Pats right now. If the game was in Foxboro, then you would most likely see a pick'em or a 1/2 point spread.

Patsrooter said:

Give the points, and take the money.

This one's gonna be ugly.

Last time we got the Pats got these many points was against the Rams in 01

The spread should be Cinci -9 minimum. If our secondary tackles Cinci the way it did Sunday Cinci will be up 21 points in the 1st half, no joke. Remember what the Chargers did to us last year 41 points. Cinci can do it just as well if we don't play our A game. My heart is with our Patriots but my wallet would never take the Pats at only +6 against Cinci.

Last edited:
rabthepat said:
The spread should be Cinci -9 minimum. If our secondary tackles Cinci the way it did Sunday Cinci will be up 21 points in the 1st half, no joke. Remember what the Chargers did to us last year 41 points. Cinci can do it just as well if we don't play our A game. My heart is with our Patriots but my wallet would never take the Pats at only +6 against Cinci.

You're absolutly right!

Patsrooter said:
The point spread has nothing to do with emotion or whether the line makers like cinn. or NE.It's pari-mutual,the more money bet on one side,the more the line is adjusted to reflect that.The Bookmakers and off-shore gambling sites WANT 50% bet on either,they collect the 10% "vig" and are more than happy to do so.The Bengals opened,at -4,immediately, bets on the Bengals came in and the line was adjusted to -5,then -6,to draw in offsetting bets on the Patriots.If more is bet on Cinn.,the line will go up.More on Pats the line will adjust down.It's all simple economics,not preference...no emotion.Go to covers.com to see all the lines and dispassionate analysis.

Last edited:
The Bungles will destroy the hapless Pats, who are once again the Patsies.

We have a QB having a man-love identity crisis with a former WR, (sending him mash notes via his new QB, Hasselbeck), and have no running game whatsoever.

The QB being a little bit stuck on his WRs I can live with. If that's what helps him be a good QB (although it will take him a while to get over his broken heart)...but the lack of running game will kill us. Against Denver it was just pitiful.

mcbee said:

We have a QB having a man-love identity crisis with a former WR, (sending him mash notes via his new QB, Hasselbeck), and have no running game whatsoever.

The QB being a little bit stuck on his WRs I can live with. If that's what helps him be a good QB (although it will take him a while to get over his broken heart)...but the lack of running game will kill us. Against Denver it was just pitiful.
What you are saying seems obvious, but there are complications: Palmer is extremely immobile after his injury; the Bungles are an immature team coming off an emotional high and are primed for a let-down; the Bungles can't stop the run; Gabriel will play more; McDaniels received a tongue lashing from BB over play-calling, take that to the bank; and the Pats are going into their second straight week in the 3-4, so the newbies will accustom themselves better to setting the edge and filling gaps. You know as well as anybody Football is never as obvious as it seems...

Last edited:
mcbee said:

After one loss, your calling the Patriots Patsies?
Are you saying Cincy's run defense is as good as Denvers? We have no running game............and what will your post be after we run wild on this team. I guess it will be back to bandwagon time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes