OLB(4) Collins, Hightower, Anderson, Fleming
CB (6) Revis, Browner, Dennard, Ryan, Arrington, Butler
SS (2) Wilson, Harmon
FS (2) McCourty, Chung
ST (3) Gostkowski, Allen, Aiken

Total players: 54
Created with Pats Picker: http://patspicker.patsfans.com

Last edited:
Boyce will not make this team unless Dobson is PUPed or IRed.

Boyce will not make this team unless Dobson is PUPed or IRed.
I am not sure I understand the criticism of Josh Boyce on the board today, I did not see every play so maybe I am missing something but looking at the box score he was the second most productive WR last night. He was targeted 5 times, had 3 catches for 30 yards and 3 first downs.

I am not sure I understand the criticism of Josh Boyce on the board today, I did not see every play so maybe I am missing something but looking at the box score he was the second most productive WR last night. He was targeted 5 times, had 3 catches for 30 yards and 3 first downs.

He also had an offsides penalty (which on offense is kind of inexcusable) and had a couple drops I think. I half agree with you, I think the criticisms have been a little harsh given it was preseason game 1, but the numbers are deceptive for Boyce. He didn't have a very good game overall.

From the perspective that we need tall WRs and RZ targets which Boyce is not.

Steve Balestrieri with his roster projection following last night's game:

Patriots 53 Man Roster Projection 3.0, Post Pre-season Game 1 | Pats Pub | PatsFans.com

On offense Steve's going with three quarterbacks, the three UDFA RBs being cut, Develin as a third TE behind Gronk and Hooman, Boyce as the odd man out at WR, and Connolly and Stork over Wendell and Cave at center.

On defense he goes with ten defensive linemen; Bequette is cut at DE, while Siliga and Jones make the roster over Vellano, Forston and others at DT. He has Morris nudging White for the sixth LB spot, Butler as the fifth CB, and Wilson and Ebner as the two backup safeties over Chung, K Davis and Gary.

Slater is included as a special teamer, and the only exemption is Browner; nobody on PUP.

From the perspective that we need tall WRs and RZ targets which Boyce is not.
I think we keep 7 WRs including Slater, because the WRs we have with the exception of LaFell all have injury concerns attached to them.

Thompkins - missed 4 games last season.
Dobson - missed 4 games last season and is currently on PUP.
Boyce - missed the start of camp and the final 3 games last season.
Amendola - has played in 50% of his games over the past 3 seasons.
Edelman - missed 7 games in 2012.

I do agree with you that we need taller WRs and Boyce does not fit that but we do not have any that I see making the roster. I am not drinking the Tyms Kool Aide...o_O

He better hope he can stay healthy and that Tyms doesn't continue to shine, or he just may be out a roster spot.
Tyms should have caught that TD from Garopollo cleanly. I was not as impressed with him as everyone else on this board. He has been around the NFL since 2012 and is yet to stick anywhere.

Tyms should have caught that TD from Garopollo cleanly. I was not as impressed with him as everyone else on this board. He has been around the NFL since 2012 and is yet to stick anywhere.

Sure he should have caught it cleanly, but he still caught it. If reviewed it would stand as a TD. I'm not sure how you weren't impressed with a guy who should have had 6 catches for like 160 yards and 2 td's. I understand it wasn't against 1's or 2's, but he did show a lot of promise last night.

What does it matter how many years hes been in the league and hasn't stuck? Not everyone makes a roster their first go around and that doesn't mean they aren't good enough for the league. James Harrison took like 4 times being cut before sticking with the Steelers. Hell, our very own starting WR Danny Amendola spent 2 years jumping around on practice squads and training camps.

Sure he should have caught it cleanly, but he still caught it. If reviewed it would stand as a TD. I'm not sure how you weren't impressed with a guy who should have had 6 catches for like 160 yards and 2 td's. I understand it wasn't against 1's or 2's, but he did show a lot of promise last night.

What does it matter how many years hes been in the league and hasn't stuck? Not everyone makes a roster their first go around and that doesn't mean they aren't good enough for the league. James Harrison took like 4 times being cut before sticking with the Steelers. Hell, our very own starting WR Danny Amendola spent 2 years jumping around on practice squads and training camps.

Troy Brown must have sucked, the Patriots cut him. Heck, he didn't even play WR very well until he was in the league for like 5 years.

Boyce has some real competition. Tyms has size and really good hands. He has been making tons of plays in practice as well.

The thing that impressed me most about Tyms was the level of concentration and focus he must have had to re-catch that ball.

Malcolm Butler blanketing Andre Roberts/Aldrick Robinson when he was covering them validates his positive play at camp. Both are NFL caliber WRs rather than 3rd stringers. As of now, he's probably on the roster.

Nothing else from last night really changed from a 53 standpoint, other than QB2 should be a battle from here on out. I want to see Tyms vs NFL caliber CBs before giving him any chance at the 53 man roster. He's Quintim Sims 2.0 until further notice.

Malcolm Butler blanketing Andre Roberts/Aldrick Robinson when he was covering them validates his positive play at camp. Both are NFL caliber WRs rather than 3rd stringers. As of now, he's probably on the roster.

Nothing else from last night really changed from a 53 standpoint, other than QB2 should be a battle from here on out. I want to see Tyms vs NFL caliber CBs before giving him any chance at the 53 man roster. He's Quintim Sims 2.0 until further notice.

Agree with you about Tyms. I think the board is wildly overreacting to his performance. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some time with the starters in Weeks 2 and 3 of the preseason.

Agree with you about Tyms. I think the board is wildly overreacting to his performance. I wouldn't mind seeing him get some time with the starters in Weeks 2 and 3 of the preseason.

You are defining the thought that Tyms might have improved his chances of making the roster as wild overreaction?

In the running back department Finch and Houston both sealed their fate. They both fumbled and Finch muffed a punt. BB will not put up with that. Its too bad I really hoped that Finch might make it, but he blew his chance.

You are defining the thought that Tyms might have improved his chances of making the roster as wild overreaction?

People in different threads already have him making the roster based on preseason Week 1 playing time vs. scrubs. Yes, that's a wild overreaction.

Simms did the same thing last season everyone was talking about him being on the roster and he couldn't even stick on the practice squad. I do not think he makes the roster. If Boyce does not make the roster it will be because they do not carry 7 WRs.

Cleanly? The defender chopped Tyms right arm down.
Pissah when I'm sitting on my couch eating chips, drinking beer, and scratching my pop belly I have every right to say that a professional athlete should have done something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News