PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

53 man poster projection after game 1 of the preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deion Branch was a notable recent example. I definitely believe there's a late-career shadow roster as well as an early one -- or at the least, I believe that they'll take the chance on cutting marginal vets to avoid guaranteeing their whole salary game 1.

I didn't realize Branch had bounced back and forth, at least not in the way i thought the shadow roster idea worked, which iirc was more in line with Ventrone's ping pong career in NE. I would love to see it in play it just seems more like something we like to speculate about than reality, at least to me it does. Appreciate the example though.

I didn't realize Branch had bounced back and forth, at least not in the way i thought the shadow roster idea worked, which iirc was more in line with Ventrone's ping pong career in NE. I would love to see it in play it just seems more like something we like to speculate about than reality, at least to me it does. Appreciate the example though.

I don't think any player, young or old, has ever ping-ponged like Ross Ventrone! :confused::eek::confused::eek:

When it comes to the veteran "shadow roster," I think of something less dramatic: late-career players who you take the chance of releasing at final cutdowns rather than guaranteeing their full salary, crossing your fingers that they'll still be available if you want them back a little later.

I don't think any player, young or old, has ever ping-ponged like Ross Ventrone! :confused::eek::confused::eek:

When it comes to the veteran "shadow roster," I think of something less dramatic: late-career players who you take the chance of releasing at final cutdowns rather than guaranteeing their full salary, crossing your fingers that they'll still be available if you want them back a little later.

OK, I have always viewed the concept as a player who is willing to bounce back and forth off the roster for the Patriots but pretty much any player is going to take a job where they can get it, primarily because they are traitorous bastards who don't realize how good they have it just hanging around their hotels waiting for Belichick to call them back.

Cameron Fleming - OL
Darius Fleming - LB
Thanks forgot we picked him up. Seems like longshot for the 53. Just out of curiosity what's made him stand out to you? Haven't heard his name alot. I know he was solid at ND and yet another ACL guy. Drafted in the 5th by SF , missed 1st 2 years tearing up the same knee.

The new team doc must be an ACL expert, because we've certainly cornered the market. And is it this guy? I know Gill was jettisoned.
mark price.jpg
:)

Not a full 53-man roster prediction, but one reporter's list of who is rising and falling.

New England Patriots roster bubble watch: CB Malcolm Butler's stock is on fire; RB Roy Finch down but not out - masslive.com

Patriots Bubble Watch

On Fire
CB Malcolm Butler

Rising
WR Brian Tyms
WR Kenbrell Thompkins
LB James Anderson
DE Michael Buchanan
DE Zach Moore
DB Jemea Thomas

Neutral
WR Josh Boyce
DE Will Smith
S Patrick Chung
RB Brandon Bolden
G Dan Connolly

Falling
RB Roy Finch
C Ryan Wendell
LB Steve Beauharnais
DE Jake Bequette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back