PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

5 players downgraded to out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lamont Jordan Out For Colts Game

Somehow I'm sure this is all Maroney's fault...

Morris and Jordan are low cost players who take a pounding with their running style. They are both nice to have, it just sucks that with Tommy's injury there was a need for more help from the run game. BB at least put his crystal ball to good use getting Jordan on a budget and keeping BJeepers on the Practice Squad. Losing Maroney was a major blow that most folks have yet to truly appreciate. Patsyliscious is correct to caution against expecting either Jordan or Morris to be ready for Buffalo or even NYJ - I was rewatching Jorden's injury at SF last night and the way he went down does not encourage me to expect an easy recovery.

I hope they can Morris for someone not made of glass.

It's amazing how Maroney's the biggest ***** in the world, yet the god known as Sammy Morris can't even make it to double digit games in a season. I love Morris, for the 4 games he's healthy.

Indy's run D is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if BJGE and Faulk do just fine on their own. I still hope to god that Evans doesn't see significant carries, though.

Remember how Isaac Bruce used to be considered the extreme of injury-prone, until he stopped getting unlucky? These guys get hit hundreds of times per year, and all it takes is one bad one and they're injured. Sure, a fair amount is attributable to certain, controllable things (running style, for starters), but I have a hard time looking at the fact that Morris has been injured each of the last 2 years and saying that he's a waste of a roster space because he can't stay on the field. There are huge guys on the other side of the field being paid millions of dollars to hit our guys as hard as they can- injuries are going to happen, and our guys don't suck just because they get hurt.

Last edited:

Indy's run D is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if BJGE and Faulk do just fine on their own. I still hope to god that Evans doesn't see significant carries, though.

The only real downside I see to Evans getting a lot of carries is that he doesn't have the speed to get away from basically anyone on the Colts D. Even their DTs can probably chase him down from behind.

But besides that, he would make a serviceable hammer to spell BJGE for a while.

This puts a lot more pressure on Cassell, allows Freeney to concentrate on his pass rush... on and on.. a great challenge tonite for the Pats.. I suspect an innovative game plan.

that's bad - i was counting on LaMont Jordan back for Indy game

let's hope, again, in Kevin

Somehow I'm sure this is all Maroney's fault...

No, but he is still a $ hit Bum. Face it, the guy is a BUST just like Bethel Jackson.

Last edited:

No, but he is still a $ hit Bum. Face it, the guy is a BUST just like Bethel Jackson.

I agree that Maroney has not performed at the levels that many fans, including me, expected him to. But you are comparing him to Bethel?? :eek: Sheesh...that is a low blow to Maroney and I strongly disagree.

This puts a lot more pressure on Cassell, allows Freeney to concentrate on his pass rush... on and on.. a great challenge tonite for the Pats.. I suspect an innovative game plan.

Great point. Let's see how our OL holds up and irrespective of whether we win or lose, I hope this game gives the OL and MC a great experience that they can count on when we play the Bills and Jets.

And I pray that no player, Pats or Colts, gets hurt badly!

GO PATS!!

The good news is that the Colts could be starting their 3rd and 5th CBs tonight. At best the Colts will have Kelvin Hayden back who has had 1 practice in about a month coming off knee surgery done in mid-October lining up against Moss. The Pats may not need to run the ball tonight.

A perfect illustration of my point.... thanks.

Wow, this really sucks that we have no ****** run game to attack them with. Damn I hate injuries.

Kevin Faulk will be able to exploit the over-agressive pass rush of the Colts just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case