PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#3 CB - What should the Pats do

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Johnathan Joseph? Texans are going nowhere this year.

What about Johnathan Joseph? Texans are going nowhere this year.

Contract limitations.. He's expensive.. And does he really fit in the mold of a "STAR"/ SLOT CB???

EDIT:
Joseph has a salary of $7M this year. His cap hit is 11.45M. And the Texans would have to eat ANOTHER $3.5M if they traded him.. Not happening..

The "anybody other than Fletcher" talk has probably gone too far when people start suggesting a recently released practice squad player instead.
What he was released? Heh... My bad :D

Right now it seems like Coleman might be the best option. I might also give Ryan another chance or if I'm going to play Coleman, only play him in the slot!!!! If he plays outside, we know what happens, the receiver runs right past him for a td.
Also wondering if people would be open to seeing McClain come back.Swanson is another option, but I have a feeling he's not ready yet. I'd love to make a trade but doubt there are any decent ones available.

Yes it can get worse! Remember East Wind Moreland? Darius Butler, Terance Wheately of others of that ilk. Count your blessings while BB makes some final adjustments. It is only post game II and BB teams don't come into focus before Week 6 or 8.

Yes it can get worse! Remember East Wind Moreland? Darius Butler, Terance Wheately of others of that ilk. Count your blessings while BB makes some final adjustments. It is only post game II and BB teams don't come into focus before Week 6 or 8.

Darius Butler was good in Zone coverage.. Wheatley was good until he broke the titanium rod in his wrist a 2nd time..

Man I have no idea to be honest, Ryan and fletcher are both pretty horrific. Hopefully one could get their head out of their ass.

Darius Butler was good in Zone coverage.. Wheatley was good until he broke the titanium rod in his wrist a 2nd time..

I agree, and Butler is still in the League. His weakness is Fletcher's weakness too.
Wheately was just too small and frail to stand up to NFL punishment, IMHO.

Both played several years for the Patriots. Fletcher is better, IMHO. BB can plan to minimize his deficiencies. I think BB is still experimenting to determine how much and how often he needs to aid Fletcher deep. With Browner it was obvious... always.

Incorrect. Sean Smith of Kanas City is a much better CB then Clairborne and will be a FA next year also. Seeing how well Peters has looked the last two weeks, he is the best potential CB trade Candidate.

He is suspended for the first 4 games.

Still at 6'3" and has played in the division before, he would be an upgrade.

Anyone should be an improvement even Ryan, Coleman or bring back Swanson. At the least try Harmon but I have a feeling BB will give Fletcher a chance to correct his mistakes.

Least he hasn't been as bad as the $64m Byron Maxwell

targeted 19 times
15 catches allowed
240 yards allowed
2 TD
158.3 QB rating against.

Least he hasn't been as bad as the $64m Byron Maxwell

targeted 19 times
15 catches allowed
240 yards allowed
2 TD
158.3 QB rating against.
I don't think I have ever seen a perfect Qb rating AGAINST until now.

What a disaster.

That is what happens when a #2 CB gets matched up with a #1 WR.

Anyone should be an improvement even Ryan, Coleman or bring back Swanson. At the least try Harmon but I have a feeling BB will give Fletcher a chance to correct his mistakes.
Harmon at CB? I like him where he is at FS.

I don't think I have ever seen a perfect Qb rating AGAINST until now.

What a disaster.

That is what happens when a #2 CB gets matched up with a #1 WR.

That is what happens when a #2CB gets matched up with a #1 WR and has no help over the top..

I agree, and Butler is still in the League. His weakness is Fletcher's weakness too.
Wheately was just too small and frail to stand up to NFL punishment, IMHO.

Both played several years for the Patriots. Fletcher is better, IMHO. BB can plan to minimize his deficiencies. I think BB is still experimenting to determine how much and how often he needs to aid Fletcher deep. With Browner it was obvious... always.
Yep Butler started well, got hurt, lost confidence and fell off a cliff.

That is what happens when a #2CB gets matched up with a #1 WR and has no help over the top..
That is certainly a contributing factor.

Sometimes Harmon has to sit when Chung and mccourty are in so just a suggestion to let him try the cb3 spot. Can't be any worse than fletcher but would not mind Coleman, Ryan or Swanson be given a chance first.

I think King Kong just got cut from Buffalo.:eek:

Apparently not great with TE coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back