PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#3 CB - What should the Pats do

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
OK.. It's clear to everyone that Bradley Fletcher should not be on the field in any capacity. It would seem he's one of those guys who does well in practice but can't put it together on the field.. That's the only explanation I got.

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole helluva lot out there in terms of free agents. One intriguing player could be Brandon Ghee, who was released by the Bengals. But I'm not sure if he has the ability to play the "Star" position or if he's more of an outside player...

As for the 0-2 teams, you have the Ravens, Giants, Bears, Seahawks, Texans, Eagles, Lions and Saints.. Not sure if there is any CB there to be had..

BTW, before people lament about having let Arrington go, the Ravens are o-2.. Just remember that..

maybe Justin Coleman will be active and we can see what he can do. Or maybe Logan Ryan gets better

maybe Justin Coleman will be active and we can see what he can do. Or maybe Logan Ryan gets better

I've never been a fan of Ryan's and I've criticised him on numerous occasions. However, I would say that he is already much better than Fletcher. If nothing else, at least Ryan is good for a few INTs per season. He is no worse than Fletcher in coverage, either.

Before we pull the plug on Fletcher, maybe trying him vs. slot WRs/WRs without any deep threat ability. Heyward-Bey and Watkins are not good matchups for Fletcher.

Try him vs. Rashad Greene and Cold Beasley. If he still blows, try to find a plan B.

Fletcher is atrocious defending deep passes but doesn't seem that bad on shorter routes.

OK.. It's clear to everyone that Bradley Fletcher should not be on the field in any capacity. It would seem he's one of those guys who does well in practice but can't put it together on the field.. That's the only explanation I got.

Unfortunately, there isn't a whole helluva lot out there in terms of free agents. One intriguing player could be Brandon Ghee, who was released by the Bengals. But I'm not sure if he has the ability to play the "Star" position or if he's more of an outside player...

As for the 0-2 teams, you have the Ravens, Giants, Bears, Seahawks, Texans, Eagles, Lions and Saints.. Not sure if there is any CB there to be had..

BTW, before people lament about having let Arrington go, the Ravens are o-2.. Just remember that..

It's clear to everyone that Bradley Fletcher should not be on the field in any capacity.

R
espectfully, Bovine pasture Patties. If the last thing you can complain about is the deep play of the third CB3 then you really don't have much to pin your constant refrain of doom about the 2014 secondary that Master Genius Belichick has assembled. A little tweek to afford routine deep Safety assistance, like Bowner received, and this secondary can join the rest of the Defense and has become a strength.

Last edited:
I vote for ABF ("anyone but Fletcher"), but I think covering the deep ball is harder than ever now that league rules make playing pass defense essentially illegal. Top-notch cover corners are in short supply. Our only option might be to ensure that we discourage those kind of throws with safety play at the expense of underneath stuff. Can't be giving up 50-yard TDs on the regular.

OK.. It's clear to everyone that Bradley Fletcher should not be on the field in any capacity.

This seems like an overreaction. It's like if we asked Hooman to run nothing but go routes all the time, and when he didn't have any catches say, "Well it's clear that Hoomanawanui shouldn't on the field in ANY capacity."

His role and assignments may need to be adjusted, but to say he doesn't even belong on the field is a tad knee-jerk for my tastes.

It's clear to everyone that Bradley Fletcher should not be on the field in any capacity. Respectfully, Bovine pasture Patties. I fthe last hing you can complain about is the deep play of the third CB3 then you really don't ahvee much t pin your cosnstant refrain of doom about teh 3024 secondary thsat Master Genious Beleichick has assebled. A little tweek to afford deep SAfety assistance and thsi ihas become a strength.

First of all, I don't have a constant refrain of doom. Secondly, watch the game and you'll see that Fletcher doesn't belong on the field. Every pass his was was completed yesterday.. Deep Safety assistance wouldn't have helped Fletcher actually stay with his man when he has man coverage..

So take your Bovine Pasture patties and go somewhere else..

I thought Bradley Fletcher might have a decent year being in New England. It turns out he just blows anywhere he goes. Seriously, why not give Justin Coleman a chance to prove himself?

Last edited:

Fletcher got burned by Sammy Watkins......

Be glad that we have a #1 CB because a couple months ago we had 0.

Terell Brown is doing OK, tends to improve, I think we are better than most expected, ok no depth so I don't really expect anything from the #3 CB.

Ahhhhhhh NO.
If anyone dares to bring up Arrington, one simply only needs to point out the fact that the ravens are 0-2 because Arrington let the UDFA out of west Alabama score the game winning TD with like 12 seconds left. Yeah that was him. Case closed.

"Ravens, Giants, Bears,, Texans, Eagles, Lions and Saints"
Honestly there isn't much CB talent on any of those teams. Kyle Fuller from the bears is the only player that intrigues me. He had a decent rookie season, but looks to be having a horrible year so far. Maybe when they're sitting at 0-4, then would it be worth consideration. He was benched today in favor of a 7th round pick by the cowboys in 2014

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh NO.
If anyone dares to bring up Arrington, one simply only need to point out the fact that the ravens are 0-2 because Arrington let the UDFA out of west Alabama score the game winning TD with like 12 seconds left. Yeah that was him. Case closed.

Hmm, UDFA's out of West Alabama are making their mark on the NFL.

Hmm, UDFA's out of West Alabama are making their mark on the NFL.

The best part is how badly Arrington keeps getting ****ed by UDFA players out of west Alabama. He already lost one job because of one, might just be the second time in less then a year.

Logan Ryan is what he is. Below average in man coverage but serviceable in zone and in short distances.

I vote for getting Coleman out there over Fletcher. It's can't get worse.

If he sucks they need to go shopping.

Does Tampa have a star CB they wish to trade and/or release? It's worked out pretty well the last two times....

The only real decentish CB that is set to be a FA next year is Dallas Morris Clairborne. They moved up in the draft and grabbed him at around 8. He has been hurt for 2 years and Dallas declined to pick up his fifth year option. Now that Romo and Dez are out for a significant amount of time. maybe BB can pry him away from old Gerrah in a few weeks, once all the wheels fall off Dallas' bus.

Other than that, in the immortal words of Rick Pitino: Ty Law, Aqib Talib, and or Revis are not coming though that door anytime soon.

Other than that, in the immortal words of Rick Pitino: Ty Law, Aqib Talib, and or Revis are not coming though that door anytime soon.
No one is looking to add a Pro-Bowl type CB to the team. We want someone for the "Star" position. "Star" position is typically a Corner capable of playing either inside or out and covers the Slot receiver..

Does Tampa have a star CB they wish to trade and/or release? It's worked out pretty well the last two times....

The only real decentish CB that is set to be a FA next year is Dallas Morris Clairborne. They moved up in the draft and grabbed him at around 8. He has been hurt for 2 years and Dallas declined to pick up his fifth year option. Now that Romo and Dez are out for a significant amount of time. maybe BB can pry him away from old Gerrah in a few weeks, once all the wheels fall off Dallas' bus.

Incorrect. Sean Smith of Kanas City is a much better CB then Clairborne and will be a FA next year also. Seeing how well Peters has looked the last two weeks, he is the best potential CB trade Candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back