PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#3 CB - What should the Pats do

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Justin Coleman is any good in the slot we could just keep Brown outside in 3 WR sets and put Coleman in the slot. Of course, after this week's game Coleman's three weeks (of guaranteed money) is over so he may be out depending how much they do, or don't, like him.

Whatever happened to Alfonzo Dennard? I thought he was a solid #2 CB in 2013. His role disappeared last year with
Browner and Revis, not playing special teams, and being passed by Butler. He's a free agent right now and has to be better than Fletcher.

Anyone have any thoughts on him?
Dennard was cut because of attitude, supposedly.. Spending time in jail didn't humble him..

Fletcher looks like a guy that just can't trust the system and his own abilities. The last thing a defense needs is a corner back that pisses himself when a receiver is running from him. I liked bringing him in because he has decent speed for a guy his size, but running directly behind your man and flailing around hoping and praying you accidentally make a play isn't good enough. I haven't gone from liking a signing to hating it this quickly since Joey Galloway.

Ok Bill...time to pull the trigger on another trade....hopefully replace Fletcher with a veteran CB

I have several friends who are avid Eagle fans and know Fletcher very well. The common theme from all is that he sucks! He sucked for the Eagles and I'm not seeing any difference with the patriots

I had to give you a winner rating based upon my hindsight analysis. :D

Good point. But unless you feel we need 4 corners, I would leave that spot open for LaFell, Dane Fletcher, or Chris Jones. Just my opinion
I do think that the need 4CBs and Fletcher is not one of them

I do think that the need 4CBs and Fletcher is not one of them

Makes sense...just wonder who'd get cut to make room for those 3 vets mentioned above^^^

EDIT: I lost count of Coleman...... we currently have 5 players who can play at cornerback (not including McCourty):

Ryan
Brown
Butler
Coleman
Fletcher *

Fletcher looks like a guy that just can't trust the system and his own abilities. The last thing a defense needs is a corner back that pisses himself when a receiver is running from him. I liked bringing him in because he has decent speed for a guy his size, but running directly behind your man and flailing around hoping and praying you accidentally make a play isn't good enough. I haven't gone from liking a signing to hating it this quickly since Joey Galloway.

I wonder if he has a role as a red zone CB. He's still the Pats tallest CB by nearly 2" and a pretty good force player.

Makes sense...just wonder who'd get cut to make room for those 3 vets mentioned above^^^
Don't know. They may IR Flowers, cut Fletcher and maybe Wilson or Ebner. Hell they may IR Wendy. If Stork comes back you have Kline and Andrews as your backups. Maybe cut Rufus as I think he has PS eligibility.

Lots of options is my point.

Alot of people mentioned marcus cooper from kc. He didn't look so good against green bay

Patriots are looking at having strong safety play along with the potential devastating front 6 the third corner will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back