Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Name your 3 biggest surprise teams so far in 2008

Mine are...

1) Atlanta - Matt Ryan is a future superstar at QB and has turned this team around- Falcons fans have been through hell this past year and deserve some happiness and hope which this rookie has given them

2) Miami - Somehow this is not a big shock because Parcells has done this before but still we are talking about a 1-15 team just 8 months ago

3) Tennessee - 9-0 and undefeated with Kerry Collins playing at the top of his game got me shellshocked - never expected it even though i know Jeff is a great head coach and always has been.

Whats your top 3 positive surprises?

Last edited:
Atlanta, Miami and Tennessee would be my top three also.

Another worth considering would be the Giants - I thought for sure they'd fall back to the middle of the pack this year. Carolina and Tampa Bay are up there too, though not as much as a surprise as the four teams above.

1) New England Patriots (6-3)

Not a surprise to me, but to seemingly everyone else outside of New England and even many residents of.

1. Miami - Even with Parcells in place, nobody (well, outside of Dolphin fans) expected this big of a turnaround this fast. To be honest, I was thinking they'd go 6-10, 7-9 at the best. They are only a couple of easy games around the corner from that. :eek:

2. Atlanta - I'll hop on the ATL train for this one. When I first heard they were putting Matt Ryan in right off the bat, I slapped my hand against my forehead for that franchise. Little did I know that Ryan was the most adapted to start in the NFL right away.

3. Arizona - The Cardinals are in here for me just because of how terrible they have always been. Nobody could have seen Kurt Warner's play coming and he has truly resurrected that franchise. I'm happy for Cards fans. Maybe now they can actually have a Super Bowl contender to root for (IMO, that has yet to be seen though).

3. Tennessee -- Lot of people thought they were crazy drafting Chris Johnson in the first round. I think that I had them finishing last in the AFC South. Whoops.

2. Baltimore -- If it weren't for close losses to Tennessee & Pittsburgh, the Ravens would be the talk of the league. I figured that they would go 3-13 with a rooke quarterback and coach.

1. Atlanta -- Duh. They are probably going to end up winning the division seeing how crappy Delhomme played yesterday.

Another tough one to narrow down to 3:

Atlanta
Miami
Baltimore

Tennessee & the Giants would get honorable mentions as teams I thought could make the playoffs, but would not have believed they'd be #1-2 in the league.

Titans, Atlanta and the Giants.

The first wo are obvious but I picked the Giants because I thought they wouldn't be as effective this season. They lost Strahan, Osi and Mitchell (debatable he's a big loss though). Massive parts of their pass rush and also Manning seems to have kicked on and is finally starting to look like a good QB when I thought he'd come back down to earth and be the incosistant Eli we're used to. They also lost Wilson and Shockey but they've still carried on and battered teams at times, especially the demolition of Dallas.

I agree on Tennessee and Atlanta. However I think the Colts struggles are more surprising than the Dolphins success thus far.

We know that Parcells has some sort of magic voodoo and while Pennington gets flamed for having a noodle arm, the dude is a really good QB. Plus they have Brown and Williams lined up in the backfield. Additionally, the schedules the teams in the East play are fluff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes