PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 NEP 3RD Overall Pick - DRAKE MAYE

Hate to Sound New Agey of Aquariusy, but I like this kid's energy and aura:

He’s definitely got that southern charm/charisma. I at least find him more believable as a locker room leader than MJ, but I think he’ll need to show he’s got the competitiveness a la TB to go along with the charisma.

Very interesting interview on the Pat McAfee show with QB Coach Clyde Christensen.

This guy worked with some of the best QBs in the NFL - Brady, Manning, Luck, etc.

He shares some insights about Drake Maye and what to expect from the kid the day before the draft.

And as glowing as he is in praise for Maye, his character, etc. It killed him the idea of Maye going to the Patriots, so that tells you something. :)

Very interesting interview on the Pat McAfee show with QB Coach Clyde Christensen.

This guy worked with some of the best QBs in the NFL - Brady, Manning, Luck, etc.

He shares some insights about Drake Maye and what to expect from the kid the day before the draft.

And as glowing as he is in praise for Maye, his character, etc. It killed him the idea of Maye going to the Patriots, so that tells you something. :)

Nice find, thanks for posting.
Amazingly it seems he got a high ankle sprain in Pitt game, did not scream and cry and need to be helped down the stairs....
instead played and played and 4 weeks later before Virginia game "in practice, he could hardly walk". Nobody outside team even knew he was hurt.
Got tackled around ankles in 4th quarter of NC State game and stayed in that game as well despite tweaking it.
Dude played basically whole year with injured ankle and refused to sit.

Number of plays 3rd and 7 or more
Drake Maye: 76
JJ McCarthy: 58
Caleb Williams: 58
Jayden Daniels: 39

Maye had 36 plays of 3rd and 11+ almost as many as Daniels at 3rd and 7+. Yes, means they had poor success on 1st and 2nd down but they had a ton of penalties on the line on 1st and 2nd down, he was put into obvious passing situations way more than the other QB's and still put up #'s.

Since 2004, Power 5 QB's with 105+ total epa, 80+ passing epa and 15+ rushing epa in a season:

2022 Drake Maye
2022 Caleb Williams
2019 Joe Burrow
2019 Jalen Hurts
2018 Kyler Murray
2017 Baker Mayfield
2016 Patrick Mahomes
2014 Marcus Mariota

North Carolina total points in bowl game without Drake Maye: 10, season low
USC total points in bowl game without Williams: 42, match to season average

Last edited:
Fun fact both Maye and Baker left Alabama for their respective schools. They know and worked out together at Bama before they both Transferred. :cool:

He’s definitely got that southern charm/charisma. I at least find him more believable as a locker room leader than MJ, but I think he’ll need to show he’s got the competitiveness a la TB to go along with the charisma.
I appreciated his press conference after the season ending loss to NC State. He had a not good game (with some unlucky noncatches leading to INTs). Could tell that he was pissed but held it as well as a just turned 21 year old could.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back