PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Patriots Roster Cut Down Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can plug Langi into a late November game and he will give you a veteran performance when everyone is banged up.
Yeah....if that performance does NOT have the other team's punter have to go on the stage even once. Langi is fine filing in on STs...in a pinch.

Do we really care about cap space and money when they give it to godchaux?

Being forced into playing actual practice squad players is also an example of a compromised defense.
I was referring to being compromised through self-infliction. You're talking about injuries, which are part of the game for every team. Besides the defense didn't get smoked for 8 straight quarters because of injuries... it's was 2 games of carnage... the injury reports weren't the same for both weeks.

Mac didn't play poorly. He had a great playoff game, in fact. Scored more points than our previous playoff game against a way better defense.
They were down 33-3 before they scored their first futile touchdown. Mac's second TD pass came with under 2 minutes left and 47-10 deficit. He had 2 INTs, one of which killed any slim chance they had of making a comeback, and he finished with 75 quarterback rating. Not great. Not even semi-good.

Ignoring facts because they don't fit your narrative is cute, but that's one step closer to a tap out for you. I can feel you starting to break.
Mahomes (1), Herbert (2) and Jackson (3) were the initial AFC pro bowl quarterbacks.
Allen (4) was first alternate to replace Jackson but he declined.
Burrow (5) was second alternate but he was going to the Super Bowl.
Carr (6) declined an invitation.
Jones (7) accepted.

I didn't realize this was such a controversial take and a touchy subject for you. The fact that the best QB talent in franchise history just fell into our lap in the 2021 draft should be a cause for celebration for you. For all of us, for that matter.
You're only off by 21 years. And who said anything about controversial? I think very wrong is a better way to put it.

I loved Drew, but I would rate him 2nd on the most talented QB in franchise history list, behind Mac.
LOL!!!!!!! Who's third??

Still no word on the mystery offensive lineman?

Being forced into playing actual practice squad players is also an example of a compromised defense.

Mac didn't play poorly. He had a great playoff game, in fact. Scored more points than our previous playoff game against a way better defense. As a rookie, no less. He was also the 5th rated QB in the postseason by PFF.

Ignoring facts because they don't fit your narrative is cute, but that's one step closer to a tap out for you. I can feel you starting to break.

And yes, 85th best for a rookie QB is impressive, considering how difficult the position is for a rookie, and how rare it is for a 1st year QB to make it into the top 85. Hell, just look at rookie QBs in our own franchise's history. Many of them were not even good enough to start.

I didn't realize this was such a controversial take and a touchy subject for you. The fact that the best QB talent in franchise history just fell into our lap in the 2021 draft should be a cause for celebration for you. For all of us, for that matter.
Obvious satire is obvious

Still no word on the mystery offensive lineman?
For what it's worth, there's another thread I opened specifically for the PS moves - this thread normally would've been locked days ago but considering it was being used for a new purpose by folks including Ian, I left it open.

I was referring to being compromised through self-infliction. You're talking about injuries, which are part of the game for every team. Besides the defense didn't get smoked for 8 straight quarters because of injuries... it's was 2 games of carnage... the injury reports weren't the same for both weeks.
Name another team that was forced into activating 4 players from the practice squad this past postseason, with 3 of them being on defense.

On top of that, Dugger played with an actual club on his hand, Barmore played despite suffering what should have been a season ending knee injury, Hightower was playing hurt, Judon had been hurt since the 4th quarter of the first Buffalo game.

They were down 33-3 before they scored their first futile touchdown. Mac's second TD pass came with under 2 minutes left and 47-10 deficit. He had 2 INTs, one of which killed any slim chance they had of making a comeback, and he finished with 75 quarterback rating. Not great. Not even semi-good.

He was the 5th best QB in the postseason as a rookie. That's not just good, that's extremely impressive for a rookie QB.

Mahomes (1), Herbert (2) and Jackson (3) were the initial AFC pro bowl quarterbacks.
Allen (4) was first alternate to replace Jackson but he declined.
Burrow (5) was second alternate but he was going to the Super Bowl.
Carr (6) declined an invitation.
Jones (7) accepted.

He was literally a Pro Bowler in his rookie season. No amount of mental gymnastics from you will erase that fact. That he is already a Pro Bowl QB, when most rookies are either not good enough to even start, or fail when they get the opportunity, is extremely impressive.

You're only off by 21 years. And who said anything about controversial? I think very wrong is a better way to put it.

Now I'm starting to think you are just trolling, by disagreeing with such an obvious statement.

LOL!!!!!!! Who's third??

Steve Grogan.

With the Mute and Ignore features, and old fashion freedom of choice, it boggles my mind that the forum has incessant complainers. If you're so turned off by someone, or by what they're saying, then just skip past their post or ignore them completely. Complains should be limited to egregious content... abusive or otherwise inappropriate language and severe personal attacks against members. Mods should be monitoring for that sort of conduct anyway. Complaining shouldn't even necessarily be needed.

Otherwise I think it's ridiculous that posts get deleted or members get banned from threads because they engage in opinion-based conversations. There's someone here (if they're being serious) currently saying Brady isn't the among the top three most talented quarterbacks in franchise history, never mind in the history of the league. It's the most absurd opinion I've read on the forum to date. There's another member who obsessionally trolls the Brady sub-forum with all kinds of ridiculous claims. Other members either choice to engage with them or not. I don't think a Mod should step in and diffuse the conversation or shutdown participation. Likewise with members who are being genuinely critical of the team or the head coach. I generally don't see anyone carrying on a conversation with themselves. It's interaction that perpetuates the content. If a post goes unresponded then it dies.

The staying on topic bit I think is entirely impossible to regulate. It's just way too ordinary for sub-topics to emerge and even become the predominant discussion, which as long as it's an organic process, I don't get the resistance. Most threads evolve into multi-topic discussions.

Also, quarterback comparisons and assigning credit for success (i.e. Brady vs Belichick) usually bring about the most acrimony. Again, it's difficult to regulate because people tend to be heavily invested in these particular debates. These debates too are endless because we're always getting more data for consideration.

Name another team that was forced into activating 4 players from the practice squad this past postseason, with 3 of them being on defense.

On top of that, Dugger played with an actual club on his hand, Barmore played despite suffering what should have been a season ending knee injury, Hightower was playing hurt, Judon had been hurt since the 4th quarter of the first Buffalo game.
And? I seem to recall the Eagles winning a Super Bowl with a backup quarterback. Injuries are part of the game, if your team isn't resilient or deep enough to overcome them then they weren't good enough.

He was the 5th best QB in the postseason as a rookie. That's not just good, that's extremely impressive for a rookie QB.
5th best? Firstly, who cares? Secondly, what are you talking about? Just consider the game itself, they got trounced 47-17, they fell behind 33-3 with Mac contributing to the deficit with 2 INTs. By the time he got anything going at all the game was long since over. He threw a garbage time TD with under 2 minutes left in the game. The game was a complete disaster for everyone... coaches and players... all of them.

He was literally a Pro Bowler in his rookie season. No amount of mental gymnastics from you will erase that fact. That he is already a Pro Bowl QB, when most rookies are either not good enough to even start, or fail when they get the opportunity, is extremely impressive.
I'm just stating the facts of the matter. He was the 7th consideration at quarterback for the AFC. The 3 would be replacement quarterbacks in front of him don't get a pro bowl designation because they declined the invitation or weren't available. That includes Josh Allen and Joe Burrow... have you compared their seasons with Mac's? You tell me who was better. Mac just gets the pro bowl designation because he accepted the invite (way down the list).

Mac had a good rookie season. He should improve and very likely make other pro bowls of his own accord. That just wasn't the case last season.

Now I'm starting to think you are just trolling, by disagreeing with such an obvious statement.
Obvious statement? Literally no one agrees that Mac Jones is the most talented quarterback in the history of the franchise. Not one person. You're completely alone on that island.

Steve Grogan.
Most talented quarterbacks in franchise history according to you:
1. Mac Jones
2. Drew Bledsoe
3. Steve Grogan

This is amusing. Why not?...

Combined career franchise accomplishments of Grogan, Bledsoe and Jones (26 seasons)...

Regular Season:

Record = 148-127
Division Titles = 3
TDs = 370
INTs = 359
Pro Bowls = 4
All Pros = 0
MVPs = 0

Postseason:
Record = 3-7
TDs = 11
INTs = 21
Super Bowl Rings (starter) = 0
Super Bowl MVPs = 0

Career franchise accomplishments of Brady (18 seasons)...

Regular Season:

Record = 219-64
Division Titles = 17
TDs = 541
INTs = 179
Pro Bowls = 14
All Pros = 5
MVPs = 3

Postseason:
Record = 30-11
TDs = 73
INTs = 35