PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Cap Space connected to the Revis option

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the odds this ends up being a one year deal and he plays elsewhere after 1 season?

Pretty high, I'd guess. Zero chance Revis sees the second year of this particular contract. I think it's right to think they'll work hard at an extension, but it would have to be on terms very agreeable to Revis. And that means big $$$.

So my expectation is that this is a true one-year deal and then he'll hit the FA market again. I do suspect that during this year, he'll come to really like playing in NE and that they'll have many conversations about a new contract, and that the Pats will definitely be legit players for him after the 2014 season, but in the end, if he plays well this coming year (which I expect him to do), he'll play in 2015 for someone else.

Still, I'm totally ok with this deal. Well worth it for one season. Get him cheap for one year and have a full year exclusive negotiating window for a longer contract. I'll happily take it.

Pretty high, I'd guess. Zero chance Revis sees the second year of this particular contract. I think it's right to think they'll work hard at an extension, but it would have to be on terms very agreeable to Revis. And that means big $$$.

So my expectation is that this is a true one-year deal and then he'll hit the FA market again. I do suspect that during this year, he'll come to really like playing in NE and that they'll have many conversations about a new contract, and that the Pats will definitely be legit players for him after the 2014 season, but in the end, if he plays well this coming year (which I expect him to do), he'll play in 2015 for someone else.

Still, I'm totally ok with this deal. Well worth it for one season. Get him cheap for one year and have a full year exclusive negotiating window for a longer contract. I'll happily take it.

Looks like a good chance will be in the same crappy situation again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes