PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2013 Patriots Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schedule

Didn't Adalius Thomas shut Gonzalez down back in 09? Maybe we can resign him for the game. Can he also rush the passer?

Actually it was Brandon McGowan who had a great game against Gonzalez in 09. A very underrated/under appreciated member of that mess of a team.

That Saints match-up: does it potentially set the stage for Brady breaking Brees' record while playing him?

That Saints match-up: does it potentially set the stage for Brady breaking Brees' record while playing him?

Tie. I believe Brady is at 48 and Brees is at 54 so he would tie it in week 6.

Tie. I believe Brady is at 48 and Brees is at 54 so he would tie it in week 6.

I think I would have preferred them to meet up week 7. But at least the NFL was kind enough to give the Saints the bye the next week to Brees can fly in and see the event in person. :)

Tough out of division schedule. Lots of high octane offenses and some physical defenses like Pittsburgh and Houston.
Once again the saving grace for the Patriots is their crapola division. Like the placement of the bye and that short turnaround in week 2 (open on Sunday on road then Thursday night at home) is like having a mini-bye early in the season.

Hey, are the Pats in London this year? We got a good Bye week again.

No, although Kraft has volunteered—seeing as the Patriots are the closest team to London—to be the permanent "visiting" team. :)

That's a tough schedule imo. First two weeks are OK but the following 4 are tough ( Bucs, Falcons in Atlanta, Bengals in Cincy, and the Saints at home, and i need to see them beat the Saints before i chalk it up as anything. The next thrid sets up the same way, 2 division games then a tough run of 4 (Steelrs, Panthers MNF in Carolina, Broncos, and Texans. After that the last month is probably the best stretch for them, with Browns, fish, at Baltimore, and the Bills at home to end the season.

They basically need to go 8-4 heading into the last 4 games and beat up on the east. If they can go 12-4 or 11-5 and be healthy and on a roll for the play-offs they will be in very good position.

Glad to see the Patriots can ensure another season of Jets misery by effectively ending it before their season gets started.

That's a tough schedule imo. First two weeks are OK but the following 4 are tough ( Bucs, Falcons in Atlanta, Bengals in Cincy, and the Saints at home, and i need to see them beat the Saints before i chalk it up as anything. The next thrid sets up the same way, 2 division games then a tough run of 4 (Steelrs, Panthers MNF in Carolina, Broncos, and Texans. After that the last month is probably the best stretch for them, with Browns, fish, at Baltimore, and the Bills at home to end the season.

They basically need to go 8-4 heading into the last 4 games and beat up on the east. If they can go 12-4 or 11-5 and be healthy and on a roll for the play-offs they will be in very good position.

See I disagree, I think easily 13-3 14-2 record. This D I think will be leaps and bounds better than the past years and the O will be more unpredictable.

I don't like the schedule with the Jets. Week 2 and Week 7. It limits the Hate to too early in the season. It's more fun to have it spread out.

That doesn't matter to me. I'm going to catch as many Green Beans games as I can -- best comedy series going.

See I disagree, I think easily 13-3 14-2 record. This D I think will be leaps and bounds better than the past years and the O will be more unpredictable.

I have hopes the defense will be significantly better but when it comes to the secondary in particular i need to see them play at a high level for an extended period of time before i will believe it. As for the offense I have no idea how you support the claim they will be more unpredictable, it's the same offense with a WR corps that clearly is not as good as last year's was, and while I once again hope they are better they have considerable work left to be done at WR and then need to actually go out and out perform last year's offense, and that won't be easy by any means.

I have hopes the defense will be significantly better but when it comes to the secondary in particular i need to see them play at a high level for an extended period of time before i will believe it. As for the offense I have no idea how you support the claim they will be more unpredictable, it's the same offense with a WR corps that clearly is not as good as last year's was, and while I once again hope they are better they have considerable work left to be done at WR and then need to actually go out and out perform last year's offense, and that won't be easy by any means.

Hopefully out of one of the Wrs we get and have can be somewhat of a deep threat. Then we are less predictable because we truly can attack every part of the field. I think we were only 1 guy or 2 always from bringing the old d swagger we had back. And that might be what's kept us from a championship, and the absences of gronk.

Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Steelers, Texans, and Ravens will all be tough games.

December 1st the Pats return to TEXAS!! Roadtrip!!!!

Falcons, Saints, Broncos, Steelers, Texans, and Ravens will all be tough games.

Yep. But here's the Pats' record against good teams since 2005:

Vs. 8 win teams: 16-1
Vs. 9 win teams: 6-8
Vs. 10 win teams: 7-5
Vs. 11 win teams: 8-5
Vs. 12 win teams: 6-3
Vs. 13 win teams: 4-3
Vs. 14 win teams: 1-2

Vs. "average to above average teams" (teams with 8-9 wins): 22-9 (.710)
Vs. "good" teams (teams with 10-11 wins): 15-10 (.600)
Vs. "great" teams" (teams with 12+ wins): 11-8 (.579)

So it's safe to presume that the Pats will go, at *worst*, 3-3 in these six tough matchups. Quite possibly (probably?) 4-2. Figure they lose one or two games against the rest of the schedule, and we're looking at another 12-4 season, possibly 13-3.

In other words, business as usual for the Pats.

I like that they're opening and closing with Buffalo. The last time it happened, the season had a very happy ending.

Does anyone have a link to a really nice printable schedule ? I have an OK one but I haven't found a really good looking one.

I don't like the schedule with the Jets. Week 2 and Week 7. It limits the Hate to too early in the season. It's more fun to have it spread out.

Other than that Broncos and Saints are the only really tough games BUT we have both at home.

@ATL, @CIN @HOU doesnt scare you? I think even Tampa at home could be a shootout type game.

Does anyone have a link to a really nice printable schedule ? I have an OK one but I haven't found a really good looking one.

Patriots website usually has a good one.

Patriots website usually has a good one.
Yeah, I got a mediocre one from there. Was hoping for something better. Maybe in a week they'll have a better looking one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back