PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirk Morrison

He just signed with the Bills. Did the Patriots not have any interest in this fairly young, talented LB? A bit puzzling considering Spikes and Fletcher are injured.

Re: Kirk Morrison

Maybe it's a positive sign?

Re: Kirk Morrison

Given the nature of Spikes and Fletchers' injuries, I wouldn't have expected them to.

That and the fact that Morrison ain't very good.

I usually snicker at this whole "let's get this guy who just got cut" phenomenon - but ugh... C/G. Won't lie : it'd be nice to add there.

I usually snicker at this whole "let's get this guy who just got cut" phenomenon - but ugh... C/G. Won't lie : it'd be nice to add there.
Haynesworth-Gurode. That would be an interesting reunion....

Albert and Andre on the same team...lol...interesting

Maybe Bill signs him just to start a fight at practice in order to get some life into these guys after watching them be pushed around by the Lions and them barely reacting.
It would be quite a brawl. They could PPV it. Fat Albert stomping, Big Bang Clock weilding his helmet like a club, Mankins nut punching dudes left and right, Matt Light grabing BBC (Big Bang Clock for the wondering pervs :D) by the hair and trying to nail him to the ground, Ocho Twiting about it live, Bill twirling his whistle on the sidelines smiling an evil smile.

Last edited:
Assuming he can play RG or Koppen would be willing to slide over, he would certainly be an upgrade over Connelly/Ohrnberger. But he was cut because he couldn't work out a contract extension and he is looking for $5.5M so unless he is willing to give the old Hainsworth/Ocho "it's an honor to play for the Patriots" discount I don't think we will see him in a Pats uni anytime soon.

Andre gurode

Andre gurode center for the cowboys was cut today. Do you guys think he can play guard and should we sign him? Thought?

Re: Andre gurode

Andre gurode center for the cowboys was cut today. Do you guys think he can play guard and should we sign him? Thought?

Sign the beast, if his price is reasonable. It's likely he refused to negotiate/take a pay cut with Dallas and will want to test the market. The Jets will be among the many teams inquiring.

Connelly has earned his spot, for now, if healthy. So, this guy is for to give us depth. In time, maybe he can take over.

I think he'll want too much money.

Last edited:
Re: Andre gurode

Haynesworth and Gurode in the same locker room? Put it on PPV!

Depending on the severity of the injuries to some of our guys, and depending on if the price is reasonable, I think it would be worth a shot to sign some sort of veteran, be it Gurode, L. Davis or somebody else out there.

Re: 2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy (update: Andre Gurode)' Thread

I think maybe a 1.5 million 2 million range would be reasonable. If he starts at rg we can have a beast o line

I'm sure he'd love practicing against Haynesworth every day.

We could have Haynesworth and Merriweather practice their technique.

Re: 2011 NFL Free Agency 'Let's Sign This Guy (update: Andre Gurode)' Thread

Jordan Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back