PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 New England Patriots Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Page has better balls skills. More INTs. Better upside.

I do recall what he did with Clark. I also remember him taking bad angles on pass coverage.
With regard to Jarrad Page or Brandon McGowan, either one will only be the fourth best safety on the 2011 New England Patriots.

I think Page has better balls skills. More INTs. Better upside. Bigger too.

I do recall what he did with Clark. I also remember him taking bad angles on pass coverage.

Agreed. I'd rather have Page than McGowan.

I think Page has better balls skills. More INTs. Better upside. Bigger too.

I don't think he has better ball skills at all. The knock on Page has always been his coverage issues. Honestly, the only reason I would take Page over McGowan is because he can consistently be moved into the box as a pass rusher, and is big and athletic enough to either shed blocks, or run around opposing tackles.

To be more clear. I don't care much whether Casserio pays $600K or $2.6M. I trust the best cap managers in the nfl to manage the cap.

Really? I thought you would leave it up to me. :bricks:

Honestly, the only reason I would take Page over McGowan is because he can consistently be moved into the box as a pass rusher, and is big and athletic enough to either shed blocks, or run around opposing tackles.

Which is exactly why we should keep Page over McGowan. He'll be the 4th safety so it's not like his coverage skills are going to hurt us a lot, he would just be used situationally.

I don't think he has better ball skills at all. The knock on Page has always been his coverage issues. Honestly, the only reason I would take Page over McGowan is because he can consistently be moved into the box as a pass rusher, and is big and athletic enough to either shed blocks, or run around opposing tackles.

We'll agree to disagree, Kontra. I view Page as a superior player in every aspect of safety play over McGowan. Coverage, ball skills, etc. McG may hit harder....

To be more clear. I don't care much whether Casserio pays $600K or $2.6M. I trust the best cap managers in the nfl to manage the cap.

I know. I was joking with you.

I prefer McGowan. He's more talented.
He's a good coverage, better than Chung. I like Page too, but McGowan is the better player.

It Is What It Is - Patriots sign two practice squadders to future contracts

The Patriots announced Wednesday night they have signed offensive lineman Thomas Austin and tackle Steve Maneri to future contracts. The two players finished the 2010 season on the Patriots practice squad. Here’s a portion of the announcement from the team:

Austin, 6-4, 310 pounds, was originally signed by Minnesota as a rookie free agent on April 24, 2010 out of Clemson. He was waived by Minnesota on Sept. 4 and joined the New England practice squad on Sept. 29.

Maneri, 6-6, 290 pounds, spent the first three weeks of the 2010 season on the 53-man roster of New England after being claimed off waivers from Houston on Sept. 5, 2010. He was waived by the Patriots on Sept. 27 and signed to the practice squad on Sept. 29. Maneri originally signed with Houston as a rookie free agent on May 7, 2010 out of Temple. Maneri was inactive for the first three games of the season for the Patriots.

The following are must signs, IMO: Arrington, Faulk, BJGE, Katula, Light, Mankins, McGowan, and White. Sorry to Fragile Freddy, but he hasn't been useful to us lately. Let him go to another team to finish off his career and draft a RB.

McGowan isn't a must sign. In fact, there will be no tears lost on his leaving. He had about 4 good games and that's it..

I prefer McGowan. He's more talented.
He's a good coverage, better than Chung. I like Page too, but McGowan is the better player.

*ROFLMAO* Thanks for the good laugh.. McGowan isn't better than Chung in coverage.. McGowan is horrible in coverage.. Chung is at least average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST