PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Draft Pick tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.
A look ahead to this week's games of draft interest to Pats fans:

2-4 Oakland (+7.5) at 2-4 Denver -- late game Sunday
1-5 San Francisco at 0-5 Carolina (+3) -- early game Sunday
2-3 Minnesota (+2.5) at 3-3 Green Bay -- Sunday night game

Update after six weeks and the win over the Ravens; still too early to bother getting into tiebreakers.

1st Round from Oakland (2-4): #7 - #9
1st Round New England (4-1): #30 - #31
2nd Round from Carolina (0-5): #33 - #34
2nd Round New England (4-1): #62 - #63
3rd Round from Minnesota (2-3): #74 - #75
3rd Round New England (4-1): #94 - #95
4th Round New England (4-1): #126 - #127

4th Round from Denver (2-4) would be #103 - #105.
Seattle gets whichever 4th round pick is better, so this pick goes to them.

I'd say the Raiders moving closer to #1 while the Pats choice gets closer to #32 is a win-win.

Would love to see the raiders lose the next 3 but those games against division rivals can be tough,I definetly hope the broncos beat them tomorrow.The panthers are a lost cause.I expect them or the bills to end up with the number 1 pick.

Bills and their #32 run defense are in Baltimore this week, so I'm expecting them to maintain their stranglehold on the #1 pick of the 2011 draft. As far as Carolina goes, my money is on John Fox to be the first HC fired this season.

Fox will be there until the end of the year. He's in his last year anyway and it's been a given he won't be back next year so no need to rush things. If Wade Phillips can hold onto his job Fox is going to as well. My money would be on Jack Del Rio because he has just given up as a coach. They could have at least tried to do something only a few scores down on Monday night and he just ran the clock out for 8 min in the 4th Q and didn't score.

Update after seven weeks and the win over the Chargers.
Still too early to bother getting into tiebreakers.

1st Round from Oakland (3-4): #11 - #13 (down 2-4 spots from last week)
1st Round New England (5-1): #30 - #32 (down 0-1 spots)
2nd Round from Carolina (1-5): #35 - #36 (down 2 spots)
2nd Round New England (5-1): #62 - #64
3rd Round from Minnesota (2-4): #73 - #74 (up 1 spot)
3rd Round New England (5-1): #94 - #96
4th Round New England (5-1): #126 - #128

4th Round from Denver (2-5) would be #102 - #104, up one spot for them.
Seattle gets whichever 4th round pick is better, so this pick goes to the Seahawks.

Last edited:
A look ahead to the primary Week 8 games of draft interest for the Pats:

4-2 Seattle at 3-4 Oakland (-2)
1-5 Carolina (+3) at 3-4 St Louis
2-4 Minnesota (+6) at 5-1 Pats

Of secondary interest are teams with losing records that we would like to see win, so that Oakland, Carolina and Minnesota move closer to the #1 draft pick.

0-6 Buffalo (+7.5) at 4-2 Kansas City
1-6 San Francisco (-0.5) vs 2-5 Denver
1-5 Detroit (-2.5) vs 4-3 Washington
1-5 Dallas (-6.5) vs 3-4 Jacksonville
2-5 San Diego (-3.5) vs 5-2 Tennessee
2-5 Denver (+0.5) at 1-6 San Francisco
2-5 Cleveland - bye
2-4 Cincinnati (-2.5) vs 3-3 Miami
3-4 St Louis (-3) vs 1-5 Carolina
3-4 Jacksonville (+6.5) at 1-5 Dallas
3-3 Miami (+2.5) at 2-4 Cincinnati
3-3 Arizona (-3) vs 4-2 Tampa Bay

Update after seven weeks and the win over the Chargers.
Still too early to bother getting into tiebreakers.

1st Round from Oakland (3-4): #11 - #13 (down 2-4 spots from last week)
1st Round New England (5-1): #30 - #32 (down 0-1 spots)
2nd Round from Carolina (1-5): #35 - #36 (down 2 spots)
2nd Round New England (5-1): #62 - #64
3rd Round from Minnesota (2-4): #73 - #74 (up 1 spot)
3rd Round New England (5-1): #94 - #96
4th Round New England (5-1): #126 - #128

4th Round from Denver (2-5) would be #102 - #104, up one spot for them.
Seattle gets whichever 4th round pick is better, so this pick goes to the Seahawks.

I hope Seattle shows up against them.The broncos looked pathetic at home.This will be a home game for oakland.Seattle has a chance to go 5-2.

Last edited:
Oakland needs to start losing some games again...so we can have a higher pick and possible trade it away for an already established player.

Oakland needs to start losing some games again...so we can have a higher pick and possible trade it away for an already established player.

I see you're new, Brother Franchize.

Welcome.

And I see you've got 2 posts...Nice.

By my count ~ gents? Correct me if I'm wrong. ~ that's 2 posts too many.

That's an interesting idea, as it would in theory eliminate the learning curve needed at certain positions (e.g., LT) by bringing in an established player. And it would help reduce the possible bust factor - though as we saw with Adalius Thomas there's no guarantee that a veteran will perform at a high level either.

The obstacle is that so many different factors would have to be just right not only for the Pats, but for the team they are trading with. The trade partner would have to be willing for some reason to give up on an elite player who was under contract. On the other hand the contract length and amount would at the same time have to be worthwhile for the Pats to bring him in. Would it be reasonable to expect this player to excel in the Pats system? If it's somebody like Dwight Freeney of the Colts for example, he's not going to do very well in New England even though he's a very good player elsewhere in a different scheme.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Belichick trades one of his draft picks for a veteran. However, I would be surprised if one of the number ones is traded simply because that is so uncommon; it's tough to find a trade of a number one draft pick that makes sense for both teams involved.

I suppose since the two teams in the Monday night game are both 4-2, I can update this now.

Here's the update after eight weeks and the win over the Vikings.
Again it is still too early to bother getting into tiebreakers in my opinion.

1st Round from Oakland (4-4): #12 - #15 (down from #11-13 last week)
1st Round New England (6-1): #32 (#32 draft pick sounds nice to me!)
2nd Round from Carolina (1-6): #34 - #35 (up from #35-36; tied w/Dallas!)
2nd Round New England (6-1): #64
3rd Round from Minnesota (2-5): #70 - #73 (up from #73-74 last week)
3rd Round New England (6-1): #96
4th Round New England (6-1): #128 (could be a bit later depending on number of 3rd round compensatory picks.)

4th Round from Denver (2-6) would be #100 - #101, up from #102-104.
Seattle gets whichever of the Pats 4th round draft picks is better, so this pick goes to the Seahawks - and keeps looking better and better for them every week.

Last edited:
I suppose since the two teams in the Monday night game are both 4-2, I can update this now.

Here's the update after eight weeks and the win over the Vikings.
Again it is still too early to bother getting into tiebreakers in my opinion.

4th Round New England (6-1): #128 (could be a bit later depending on number of 3rd round compensatory picks.)

4th Round from Denver (2-6) would be #100 - #101, up from #102-104.
Seattle gets whichever of the Pats 4th round draft picks is better, so this pick goes to the Seahawks - and keeps looking better and better for them every week.

Seattle gets our best 4th?:( that sucks I thought our 4:mad:

edit. you 100% sure it is the best 4?

Last edited:
Damn the Raiders for actually looking legitimate. I'm waiting for the implosion.

Last edited:
A look at the primary week 9 games of draft interest to Pats fans:
4-4 Oakland vs KC
1-6 Carolina vs New Orleans
2-5 Minnesota vs Arizona

And some other teams with losing records that could help by winning:
0-7 Buffalo vs Chicago
1-6 Dallas at Green Bay
2-5 Detroit vs NY Jets
2-5 Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh
3-5 San Diego at Houston
3-4 Arizona at Minnesota

A look at the primary week 9 games of draft interest to Pats fans:
4-4 Oakland vs KC - Oak 23, KC 20
1-6 Carolina vs New Orleans - Car 3, NO 34
2-5 Minnesota vs Arizona - Min 27, Ari 24

And some other teams with losing records that could help by winning:
0-7 Buffalo vs Chicago - Buf 19, Chi 22
1-6 Dallas at Green Bay - Dal 7, GB 45
2-5 Detroit vs NY Jets - Det 20, NYJ 23
2-5 Cincinnati vs Pittsburgh - MNF
3-5 San Diego at Houston - SD 29, Hou 23
3-4 Arizona at Minnesota - Ari 24, Min 27
Not a particularly good day for Pats draft tracking.
Six negatives, two positives.

Here's the latest draft order after the loss to the Browns:

1st Round from Oakland (5-4): #18 (down from #12-15 last week)
1st Round New England (6-2): #28 - #32 (#32 last week)
2nd Round from Carolina (1-7): #34 - #35 (same as last week, tied with Dallas)
2nd Round New England (6-2): #60 - #64
3rd Round from Minnesota (3-5): #72 - #74 (down from #70-73 last week)
3rd Round New England (6-2): #92 - #96
4th Round New England (6-2): #124 - #128 or later depending on compensatory picks

Next week:
Pats at Pittsburgh
Raiders: bye
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Minnesota at Chicago

Richard Seymour Laughs When Asked About Hurting Patriots' 2011 Draft Position - NFL - NESN.com

The 31-year-old Seymour has been a major part of the Raiders' resurgence in the past few weeks, picking up 16 tackles and three sacks in their three-game winning streak.

What looked to be a surefire top-five pick for the Patriots now looks to be more toward the middle of the first round. Obviously, Seymour isn't too broken up about hurting his former team's draft position.

When asked by the Contra Costa Times about how owner Al Davis feels about the development, Seymour laughed, adding, "Oh yean, I think he (whipped) the Patriots on that trade."

While some folks in New England believed Seymour's impact to be fading before he was shipped out, Raiders Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha explained to Sports Illustrated the effect Seymour has on the team.

"When someone else comes in that's 'the guy,' that has won championships, you're like, 'OK, I've got to step my game up even more,'" Asomugha told SI. "It wasn't a thing of competition. It was: I have to do better than I was doing for him to trust me and respect me. I have to do more because of whom I'm surrounded by, a guy who is studying, a guy who really wants to be the best. Richard did that for me and didn't even know he was doing it. Anytime you're around greatness, you just want to be greater."

The Raiders may not win a Super Bowl this year, but there's no question they're a whole heck of a lot greater than they've been in quite some time.

I watched that Raider game last Sunday and Seymour dominated. He looked as good as his old self taking on double teams. Ofcourse the addition of that big Houston dude and having tommy kelly helps out. Their front looks pretty darn good.

I watched that Raider game last Sunday and Seymour dominated. He looked as good as his old self taking on double teams. Ofcourse the addition of that big Houston dude and having tommy kelly helps out. Their front looks pretty darn good.
Looking at both the Patriots and Raiders after 9 weeks, we may get to the point where the question may become...which 1st round pick will be better ...the Pats or Raiders. There is alot to like about Oakland. Dominant running game, strong front 4, 3 game winning streak. They do have a tough schedule ahead with only Denver as a gimme but the AFC West is winnable. It may come done to week 17 vs KC. If the Pats were to meet Oakland come playoff time, I'm not sure the Pats could match their beef in the trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case