PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brutal..............:eek:..........29th rated CB

Last edited by a moderator:
a little surprising.

Again he fits the physical profile: small and quick. Ellis Hobbsian again.

solid pick. I had him ranked much lower...but he fits.

Jonathan Wilhite - another smallish CB with great speed, body control, leaping ability, and agility.

Played 33 collegiate games (10- Butler, 23-Auburn). Had only 8 interceptions (5-Butler, 3-Auburn).

Very surprised at this pick since he supposedly has trouble learning and retaining plays.

Nah.... I don't have to be smarter than BB/SP. I just have to be smarter than you. And that was accomplished before I was even born.

Arrogance at its greatest. You're no smarter than anyone else here. And you prove it on a regular basis.

Arrogance at its greatest. You're no smarter than anyone else here. And you prove it on a regular basis.

Coming from you, this is the height of irony.

way to narrow it down:rolleyes:

I'll say Kellen Davis TE
Thomas Brown RB
Jamey Richard C
Trae Williams CB
Jack Ikegwuono Cb
Marcus Howard OLB
Oneil Cousins OT
Tony Hills OT
Keenen Burton WR
Lavelle Hawkins WR

Why be sarcastic? I dont follow players or drafts closely and was trying to offer something other than toxic, bickering posts...

"A left shoulder injury limited Wilhite during 2007 spring camp and lingering hamstring issues limited him to six starting assignments -- two at right cornerback and four at nickel back. He still posted 30 tackles (22 solos) with a sack and a fumble recovery. He also knocked down two passes and intercepted two others."

He's made of glass.

On a serious note, it's smart of the Patriots to find good value in players who have battled injuries their last season, lowering their stock. I'm not sure about the player, but the approach is sound.

I really like the Crable pick. I talked him before the draft as a possibility, but somehow I lost track of him amidst the flood of prospect possibilities. But here he is now in Patriots uniform. Thanks Bill! :)

Wow Goff has dropped like a rock, let's grab him.............

no. gelato is a gay food like sushi and Xema.

Gelato is the word for ice cream in Italian.

Essentially, you're just telling us you would rather eat Cheez-Whiz than a nice slice of Vermont artisan cheddar.

Some of us have grown up to the adult stage of taste palates.

Trade up.

Davis or Goff here... but who the hell am I kidding, I have no real idea.

And they take Matthew Slater.:rocker:

"best special team player in the history of football," acccording to a teammate.

Who is Matthew Slater?

UGH. Not liking this 2nd day at all.

He's a future CUT along with Wilhite, that's what he is. What are these guys smoking, this is turning into a freakin nightmare.............

I'm willing to bet you could have gotten 5 of us off this board, put us into the Pats warroom and come up with a much better draft than this especially having the 7th overall pick to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand