PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2007 Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I had no idea that we had a OC last year. McD gets blamed for not adjusting when he technically wasn't even the OC. This is just great. Thank for the input.

Alright..I give up. I don't claim to be an expert..I am merely a fan. I'm not slamming McD..I just happen to agree with NEM's observation about Weiss vs McD.

If BB ever left having Weis back as head coach and Romeo as defensive coordinator would be a pretty nice combo in my opinion. Of course, it will never happen that way ...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/NE

Let me ask those who think McDaniels is a bad OC. Out of the 50-60 called plays per game, how many have to work before he is called an OK OC, not great, not excellent, but OK.

Is he allowed 10 bad play calls a game? 5? 8? And on the average, how many bad plays per game can be attributed to poor execution on the part of the players?

Let's shift focus here for a second - bring back Hufnagel as QB coach. Brady was happier than a sh_t house rat with him on the sideline becuase as Brady claimed at one point about Hufnagel "after a bad decision, I would come back to the sideline and he would say something like, I know why you did that" (as Hufnagel was once an ex-QB). He was QB coach for the SB win over the Eagles.

I don't see any changes in our 2007 coaching staff, although personally I think we need at least one additional coach on the offensive side of the ball.

Pees and his team need no help or changes.

Let's shift focus here for a second - bring back Hufnagel as QB coach. Brady was happier than a sh_t house rat with him on the sideline becuase as Brady claimed at one point about Hufnagel "after a bad decision, I would come back to the sideline and he would say something like, I know why you did that" (as Hufnagel was once an ex-QB). He was QB coach for the SB win over the Eagles.
The Patriots' SB win over the Eagles, # XXXIX? That was Josh McDaniels.

Pees just as good so far as Romeo.

This is an interesting statement. I wonder if Peese is or will be better than Romeo. Romeo had a better secondary than Peese. Peese has a better Dline and a much worse secondary. It does boil down to time. I think Peese will get a much better secondary next year if we can resign Asante. One of those 1st rounders needs to be used on a CB.

This is an interesting statement. I wonder if Peese is or will be better than Romeo. Romeo had a better secondary than Peese. Peese has a better Dline and a much worse secondary. It does boil down to time. I think Peese will get a much better secondary next year if we can resign Asante. One of those 1st rounders needs to be used on a CB.

Totally agree. Of the first three picks I pray that two are defense. Cornerback and linebacker preference.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/NE

Let me ask those who think McDaniels is a bad OC. Out of the 50-60 called plays per game, how many have to work before he is called an OK OC, not great, not excellent, but OK.

Is he allowed 10 bad play calls a game? 5? 8? And on the average, how many bad plays per game can be attributed to poor execution on the part of the players?

Yes Nut, as soon as there as a direct question asked the McDaniels bashers seem to just disappear.

As I reply to myself because the bashers won't answer direct questions, they will just bash to make themseves look "smart", they think.

Totally agree. Of the first three picks I pray that two are defense. Cornerback and linebacker preference.

I wouldn't have an issue with 2 CBs in #1 and spending $$$ on a proven LB or 2. I think we will draft a rb somewhere and dont forget 11 TEs

Yes Nut, as soon as there as a direct question asked the McDaniels bashers seem to just disappear.

As I reply to myself because the bashers won't answer direct questions, they will just bash to make themseves look "smart", they think.

I think it had to do more with overall game plan.

Since they switched to the spread formation the past two games from the power run I formation I think it's been more productive and whoever implimented that: McDaniels or BB or all the coaches....kudos to all of them.

Now I'm not sure if they did that to exploit a big slow team(Jags and Houston) and when they face Indy, San Diego, Cincy, or Denver that will change.

The past two games the opposition did not have a legit speed rusher so when they do face one will they revert to the power team they wanted to be earlier in the season. I hope not as the more they bunched things up the tougher it seemed to run.

I say spread a team out and run at them. And the pats need to figure out a way to use a teams overpursuit speed rush against them.

I wouldn't have an issue with 2 CBs in #1 and spending $$$ on a proven LB or 2. I think we will draft a rb somewhere and dont forget 11 TEs

yeah a FA lb would be nice and also use a #3 or comp pick on a linebacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft