Heading to Foxboro Stadium this Sunday? If you are, you may want to get there early and be ready for some inconveniences that understandably are extremely necessary.
During a time where safety is of the utmost importance, please take notice that the staff at Foxboro Stadium as well as all the agencies associated with them have released a “Prohibited Items List”. Please enter the facility and abide by these measures as it is their job that everyone will enjoy the game in a safe environment. All security measures not only on airlines but in every public venue are being done right now with the public’s safety in mind, and please show your patience during this time.
Here is a list of items that are not permitted into the facility:
– Bags of any kind, excluding small hand held purses and plastic carrier bags carrying purchases made at the pro shop of VUI tent. Contents of these bags will be inspected.
– All cameras with detachable lenses. These cameras are no longer allowed inside the gates. All video cameras are also prohibited. Cameras that do not have detachable lenses are allowed, however, they will be checked.
– Electrical items such as small transistor radios, small TV monitors, audio recording equipment, cell phones, etc., will be allowed through the gates, however, you will be required to turn on the equipment to ensure it is what it appears to be.
– Seat cushions will be allowed into the stadium after they have been thoroughly checked by security.
– Binoculars will be allowed into the stadium. The binoculars will be checked first to ensure they are what they appear to be; any binocular case will be checked.
– Flags will be allowed access into the stadium, however, flag poles over two feet in length will not be.
The list of prohibited items that has been in force throughout last season and will remain for this season is:
– Any alcoholic beverages
– Weapons of any kind (including knives)
– Food or beverages (unless the individual is in possession of a letter signed by Mark Briggs, Director of Security)
– Illegal drugs
– Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
– Fireworks or pyrotechnics
– Animals, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
– Stroller or baby seats
– Folding, stand-alone chairs
– Noise makers
– Bullhorns, air horns
– Helium balloons
– Beach balls
– Any item deemed inappropriate by stadium management
These items are also not going to be accepted at the stadium for safekeeping, which makes perfect sense and I’m sure everyone understands why. Please secure these items in your vehicle before you come to the stadium.
Again, get up a little earlier on Sunday, and make sure you leave your home a little earlier as well. While it’s going to take a little longer to get inside, you’ll hopefully be able to feel confident that both you and 60,000 other fans just like you can enjoy the game safely.
Posted Under: 2001 Patriots Season
Tags: 2001 Patriots Season Foxboro Stadium New England Patriots