PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you want Rickey Proehl.???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Forget his famous quote in SB 36 " Tonight a dynasty is born"- Which he was right... , Forget his clutch play in SB38 with the panthers... Would you take a flyer on him??? Or would you rather give up a 3rd or 4th for Moulds...

There is talk of him being released, that is why I posted it..

They had to beg him to not retire last year. I think he's done.

I don't want him scoring a last-minute TD for the Pats in the Super Bowl only to have Mike Vanderjagt kick the gw-FG for Dallas. :)

Proehl wouldn't make it out of practices...Wilson and Harrison would have him in therapy week one of training camp...

Flying Fungi said:
Proehl wouldn't make it out of practices...Wilson and Harrison would have him in therapy week one of training camp...

There is contact at TC? And if there was i would be more worried bout that Ligament trifecta than trying to hit an old WR...

Welker83 said:
There is contact at TC? And if there was i would be more worried bout that Ligament trifecta than trying to hit an old WR...

doesn't matter--Proehl has been hearing footsteps across the middle for years now...courtesy of the dynasty prediction game back in Feb, 2002...

Maybe a vet minimum...but we have our own vet for 4th Troy..so???

True, so we do need a solid number 2 WR

Sean Pa Patriot said:
True, so we do need a solid number 2 WR
yes...I think so...Branch/Proehl won't make it..if Troy was gone..then yes absolutely..

Ricky B Ricky? nope, he's done! Maybe 3 years ago, not now.... Sign Javon! :rocker:

Flying Fungi said:
doesn't matter--Proehl has been hearing footsteps across the middle for years now...courtesy of the dynasty prediction game back in Feb, 2002...

Funny, the only footsteps he heard were his own when he scorched us for a TD in the super bowl 2 years later.

Nope - the dude is bad luck.

If not Proehl, maybe we could get Paul Warfield. Didn't they come in to the league the same year?

huskeralk said:
Funny, the only footsteps he heard were his own when he scorched us for a TD in the super bowl 2 years later.

I agree. I think Proel wouuld be a nice addition for the receiver corps and if nothing else would be good for TC competition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick