Will Mac Continue to Start

• Yes

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • RLKAG,QPT

Votes: 20 21.7%

• Total voters
Mac sucks, the majority of the offensive players around him have been successful in the NFL already….
"Successful" like Parker? Exactly what track record has he had other than spending time in the tub? Backups on the OL like McDermott and practice squadders like Vederian Lowe getting starts? Juju on a degenerating knee?

If it was as simple as a QB change then why does Zappe have only a 36 rating in relief? Dude stinks but his team isn't helping him either.

The offense blows. Fact, not opinion.

Yes it is.

And no rebuilding team can point to the QB as the single point of failure or why they're rebuilding.
They are rebuilding because they extended the greatest dynasty ever.
The QB is holding them back.

You are the only one who is foolish enough to talk in absolutes like single point of failure.

"Successful" like Parker? Exactly what track record has he had other than spending time in the tub? Backups on the OL like McDermott and practice squadders like Vederian Lowe getting starts? Juju on a degenerating knee?

If it was as simple as a QB change then why does Zappe have only a 36 rating in relief? Dude stinks but his team isn't helping him either.

All the vets are having career lows… but you think that’s irrelevant.

Tyquan is 6'2, he jumps almost forty inches in the air and had the longest arms of any WR in his draft class, arms longer than many offensive linemen... and Mac overthrew him.

Mac overthrew him in the Washington game when he was wide open. Mac sucks.

Sleep Yawn GIF

I wanna see Zappe to Thornton.

Mac sucks, the majority of the offensive players around him have been successful in the NFL already…. they have track records.

Your faulty math doesn’t compute…
The interesting thing is that just about every player was better both before and after playing with 10.
Suddenly sb winning #1 WR who has had 4 800 yard seasons is a bad weapon.
Suddenly jonnu smith can’t play when he gets here then can play again when he leaves
Agholor had an 896 yard, 8 TD season before he met 10.
Meyers is producing just as much bring second to Adams.
Parker is producing about 2/3 of what he did in Miami.

But it’s the weapons.

The 49ers were 1-10 with Beathard and Hoyer at QB. JimmyG took over and won the last five games.

You say things as if they’re factual but provide no facts to bolster them. It’s fluff, nonsense…

I didn't realize we have a George Kittle on our team. Garcon was a solid WR. Marquise Goodwin was very good too. He would be our best WR right now if we had him. They also had very good backs like Mostert Hyde and Breida. Their defense was also much better late in the season. Apples and Oranges. Those are the facts.

And Tom Brady couldn't overcome a deficient and injured OL in Tampa. No reason to think any QB would be any different with a much worse OL here.

Mac isn't good. The offense is also abysmal. Both are true. It shouldn't be hard at all to admit it.

They are rebuilding because they extended the greatest dynasty ever.
The QB is holding them back.

You are the only one who is foolish enough to talk in absolutes like single point of failure.
Holding them back from what? 4-13 instead of 2-15? Yay.

The HC/GM built a bad offensive team, this mess is all on him.

Parker went from 3.6 catches and 50.8 yards per game (61/863) with crappy Miami QBs to 2.3/34.9. per game (39/593) with 10.
He had 24 TDS in 93 games in Miami and had 3 in 20 here

You think his backup OL is his excuse?

The offense blows because of the qb.

You guys are talking in past each other and actually agree on a lot of points more than you seem to think.

I didn't realize we have a George Kittle on our team. Garcon was a solid WR. Marquise Goodwin was very good too. He would be our best WR right now if we had him. They also had very good backs like Mostert Hyde and Breida. Their defense was also much better late in the season. Apples and Oranges. Those are the facts.

And Tom Brady couldn't overcome a deficient and injured OL in Tampa. No reason to think any QB would be any different with a much worse OL here.

Mac isn't good. The offense is also abysmal. Both are true. It shouldn't be hard at all to admit it.
Don't gloss over what I said, you said a bad QB couldn't be responsible for all those losses. I provided an example that says otherwise.

Kittle and those weapons sucked until JimmyG took over at QB. Explain how JimmyG could take over a 1-10 team, win five straight and post the highest point and yardage totals the offense had that entire season?

This ^ is what you do, someone provides evidence that proves you wrong and you avoid it like the plague and obfuscate.

Explain this paradox, I want to know?

You are either lying or ignorant.
Marquis Goodwin. Lolololollolol

The interesting thing is that just about every player was better both before and after playing with 10.
Suddenly sb winning #1 WR who has had 4 800 yard seasons is a bad weapon.
Suddenly jonnu smith can’t play when he gets here then can play again when he leaves
Agholor had an 896 yard, 8 TD season before he met 10.
Meyers is producing just as much bring second to Adams.
Parker is producing about 2/3 of what he did in Miami.

But it’s the weapons.
Gesicki alone had 700+ yards receiving when he played with Tua, both he and Hunter Henry combined won't reach that this season. But it's the weapons...

Yeah and that's a total avoidance of my query... the same weapons (Kittle, Godwin) were there with Beathard and Hoyer at QB and did nothing... lost ten out of eleven games.

JimmyG takes over and they win five straight games... but QB's can't have that profound effect according to SB1's expertise.

He'll continue to dance around this inconvenient fact...

Holding them back from what? 4-13 instead of 2-15? Yay.

The HC/GM built a bad offensive team, this mess is all on him.
Right now, without any question they wouldn’t at the worst 5-5 with a competent mediocre, QB, say 24-27th best in the nfl.

I watched film, I see the problems, you haven’t.

And he would be the best receiver on this team. Weird eh?

Yeah and that's a total avoidance of my query... the same weapons (Kittle, Godwin) were there with Beathard and Hoyer at QB and did nothing... lost ten out of eleven games.

JimmyG takes over and they win five straight games... but QB's can't have that profound effect according to SB1's expertise.

He'll continue to dance around this inconvenient fact...
You can’t win with an incompetent QB. We have an incompetent QB.

Funny how last year the offense looked great with a barely nfl caliber backup but never looked as good at any time in 2 y tests with 10 in there.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
You guys are talking in past each other and actually agree on a lot of points more than you seem to think.
No, SB1 is taking a blowtorch to the roster and saying everything is terrible. Even the worst teams in the league have some good players on their rosters. He is more concerned BB gets fired than Mac alone gets replaced. He has an agenda, it's silly.

I chose yes that Mac will continue to start… Do I think he should…? No. At this point, none of our QB are going to be “the guy” and /or a difference maker right now….but you have to go with someone other than Mac right now….whose confidence is crap and who keeps making the SAME blunders over and over….but I’m sure BB and Kraft may not see it that way

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back