PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whose first round better next year? Jets or Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I think there is a very, I emphasize very good chance San Fran loses to New Orleans next week. San Frans Defense is very good but there offense is outright offensive. Just as bad as the Ravens.

I think the Pats could have a better first rounder than the Jets, albeit it will be very close. But how ironic and how unfair is it for the Pats to get another very good player with San Frans first rounder when they are already lighting up the league right now?

Here's the remaining schedule:

8 Sun, Oct 28 New Orleans Loss
9 Sun, Nov 4 at Atlanta Loss- Close game
10 Mon, Nov 12 at Seattle Loss
11 Sun, Nov 18 St. Louis Win
12 Sun, Nov 25 at Arizona Win- close game?
13 Sun, Dec 2 at Carolina Could go either way- loss
14 Sun, Dec 9 Minnesota -Loss
15 Sat, Dec 15 Cincinnati Loss
16 Sun, Dec 23 Tampa Bay Loss
17 Sun, Dec 30 at Cleveland Loss

I see them winning a max of 4 more games, going 6-10.... it's exciting to think of possiblity of a high draft pick.

I don't know but it'll be a lot nicer getting that high pick along with the Lombardi Trophy vs. the Jest "earning" their way to the pick.

The irony of us getting such a high first rounder next season is delicious. And I don't even think San Fran's D is that good at all. The team is a below average team in a crappy division, their own weakness was disguised a little bit last year by this division. Hopefully, the continue to struggle and we get to rub a high first rounder in Goodell's face!

I'm dreaming of the n.1 overall pick. New Orleans seems to not to want it although the Jets sure seem to be trying for it. Only St. Louis and Atlanta stand in the way. It would be nice to get a n.1, trade out into the top 10 and a n.1 for next year AND win the SB.

I'm dreaming of the n.1 overall pick. New Orleans seems to not to want it although the Jets sure seem to be trying for it. Only St. Louis and Atlanta stand in the way. It would be nice to get a n.1, trade out into the top 10 and a n.1 for next year AND win the SB.

Miami ranks up their for the worst record too. But how much enjoyment will BB get when the Commish greets their draft pick calling out "with pick #1-5, the Patriots select...." it will be a nice moment

I dont know about the number one overall, there are a lot of bad teams, but I definitely think the commish is going to have to present a new england jersey to one of the gentlemen waiting in the green room lol. San Fran has no passing game or offensive line, frank gore is due for an injury, and their defense will eventually get tired.

If, IF, the Pats had previously planned on selecting both 1st rounders before losing one, will they now "combine the two" into one? i.e.: The consensus is picks ~15-24 are the sweet spot of talent vs. cost. If the SF pick is top 5-7, do they keep it and pay 2-for-1, or trade down? OK. No way of knowing, but what do you want/hope for?

This hasn't been mentioned, but has anyone considered we might not keep the pick? I mean.. we probably aren't in the market for QB, WR, or RB. So maybe we trade down and get more picks to replenish the defense a bit?

I think the Jets end up with the better pick only because they are one of the worst 3 teams in the NFL. The 49'ers should get us a top 10 pick at least though.

Where are all the posters that were so in love with SF, claiming our pick would be around 25 or so.

San Fran is a good team, but they hav ehad more than their share of injury (they are nowhere near deep enough to overcome) and, they are having that typical fall back after a decent year, this year.

I look for our pick to be somewhere around 6-12 - not bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft