PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the Stupidest Thing You've ever Thought/Said about the Patriots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For me it was after game 1 of 2003. Brady had the mediocre 2002 in which he seemed disinterested at times. Then the brutal opening game vs. Buffalo. He also had a BIG option bonus due around that time and being the smart guy that I am, I actually wanted the Patriots to pass on the bonus and move on from Brady after 2003. Good thing I'm just a BelichickFan and not the real thing. My God what a moron I was.

This one happened right around the same time as yours. After Colvin went down in week 2 of 2003, I proclaimed that our season was finished (the Buffalo game and the 2002 defense played into that).

:bricks:

Last edited:
They just cut Lawyer Milloy. They'll be lucky to win one game

this year.

They definetly need to draft Dorsey. Brady cant throw past 15 yards. Yep i said that...goes to show what i know.

I'm the eternal optimist as far as personnel decisions, but before each tough game I always kinda prepare myself for the game by not getting my hopes up to high (otherwise I'll be depressed for weeks) and I point out to myself how hard this game is going to be, how the odds are stacked against them, that it is going to be really hard to beat these guys, and that if they do it will be a h#ll of an accomplishment.

So the dumbest time would probably be being optimistic about Carroll when I knew he was a players-coach (I have always liked hard-nosed, disciplarian coaches like Parcells and BB). I always see it the teams way as far as personnel decisions, so I'm wrong every so often (ala Chad Brown and Starks of recent history).

Last edited:
"They fired the wrong quarterback"

Yes, I said that. A couple of times. Usually followed by "Remember Tony Eason?" "All this guy has done is not lost, he hasn't won anything," and other such gems.

I have since altered my opinion somewhat.

PFnV

The injuries can't get any worse this season. I've said that 3 straight offseasons. Hopefully I'm wrong this time around.

I actually thought we were going to go undefeated in 2004, raising our win streak to an untouchable 34 games. We were such a complete team that year, definitely our best team ever.

That Bledsoe should start Super Bowl 36 and we can bring Brady in if he struggles.

Where are the "Bishop should be our starting qb" people. :D

good thread

2 big losers -

"they can score enough on this d to win the game" - sbxx (1985-6, 1st year as a pats fan)

"beli is still working for parcells" - following 2000 5-11 season

biggest winner -

"they should hire bill belichick, it will weaken the jets" - letter never sent to pfw, 1999

In 2001, during Q4 of the San Diego game, that it was for the best that we lose because we could move up in the draft order. IMHO, that was the first of 2 statement games for Brady (the second being the Jets game).

Before the season last year, I couldn't see how we would lose a game.

I thought we overpaid to get BB from the Jets with to many draft picks. Wow, now I see we ripped them off.

huskeralk said:
Where are the "Bishop should be our starting qb" people. :D

Bishop was tight. What was his jersey number? He was tight though.

PatsFanInVa said:
Bishop was tight. What was his jersey number? He was tight though.

7. "Tight" like Elway. :D

Jimke said:
They just cut Lawyer Milloy. They'll be lucky to win one game

this year.

I don't think I went that far, but I definately question if BB knew what he was doing when he cut Milloy when he did and put the secondary in the hands of a lot of unproven, or rehabbing commoditities

Obviously I was wrong

That Duane Starks is a great pick up. He should be our #1 corner who replaces Ty Law.

I thought Hugh Millen was the QB of the future, he just needed a team around him.

Most recently; "David Terrel is going to become a Pro Bowler with Brady."

Before the 2001 season:

'We'll be lucky to go 8-8".

After Bledsoe got hurt:
"Well, at least we're guaranteed a great draft pick".

Before the 2001 draft:
"Please, let Kenyatta Walker or David Terrell fall".

During the 1996-97 playoffs:
"This team will definitely win a Super Bowl within the next three years"

I also predicted that Terry Glenn was going to be a Hall of Fame receiver, or at least a perennial Pro Bowler.

I still think that that team we brought out of Super Bowl XXXI should have been a perennial SB contender. What a waste.

If Grier hadn't screwed up the next few drafts, what might have been...

Stupidest thing ever thought
Superbowl 20.
I actually believed they had a chance.

Stupidest thing I ever said
The day Brady was drafted. I walked into the other room and said to my wife "This new coach is an idiot. He wasted a draft pick on a noname QB when we have Drew Bledsoe.". The irony was this was the only pick I made any comment to my wife about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST