PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We need to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Ok the Chicken Little Crowd is quiet tonight, but there is a new bloated crowd out tonight. Let's keep this win realistic. We did some great things today. There are plenty of thing we need to work on. The timing routes are still off. Tom did miss some balls. The defense has some injury holes. The season is long and we need to play better football. Congrats to everyone today, but we must be realistic.

Digger44 said:
Congrats to everyone today, but we must be realistic.
The Bills and the Jets are to be taken seriously. On the other hand, the Dolphins are a joke!

Could we at least have waited until....I don't know, Tuesday or Wednesday to post "let's be realistic" threads? A couple hours of enjoyment isn't going to kill anyone.

Bella*chick said:
Could we at least have waited until....I don't know, Tuesday or Wednesday to post "let's be realistic" threads? A couple hours of enjoyment isn't going to kill anyone.

Yeah, after one week of having to hear the doomsayers over and over again, I think we deserve at least a day to bathe in this victory

After 4 weeks I'm still seeing the Patriots, Steelers and Colts as the class of the league with a few gamefarts thrown in for the media to make some $$$.

I guess. But as fans, we don't really "need" to do anything. Everything gets settled on the field ultimately, so all this stuff on this board is fun, but has no bearing on my life, or on the teams performance.

:)

I don't play the games, so I can be as obnoxious as I want.

edit: wtf, BradyisGod is really starting to creep me out.

Last edited:
Yeah, i know what you mean. All I did last week was stand up for team in the face of criticism, and so far tonight all I've been doing is tempering hyperbole. Both sides need to be reminded that we're 1/4 of the way into the season.

The whole point is don't be as obnoxious as the idiots who were posting crap like last week. I am as happy as anybody about today, but give me a break newbies, why be ******ed?

I dont think we need to be careful as much as we need to realize we just dont match up against the Broncos. We also dont match up that well against the Chargers. So I wouldnt base our season on games against those teams and exactly why I wasn't listening to the pundits and fans saying the run is over after our lose to Denver. Their schemes against us work really well. I thought that the beginning of the season at most we would lose 4 games and I still think that.

By all accounts a great win in Cincy. But Digger is right, the Bengals were too ****y and into themselves going into today's game. We served them up some humble pie, and don't think for a second Miami can't do the same to us.

Last edited:
100% agree there Digger.

Dolphins are going to be one desperate pissed off team, kind of like NE was today.

Fortunately, with our coaching staff - they know not to take any team lightly - especially the Dolphins.

This is a divisional opponent that we have a very hard time beating when we are playing our best ball any time, any season, no matter what the records are.

It will lake a huge effort to win next week - I am certainly confident we will do just that however.

No game is easy, no lead is safe in the NFL.

Digger44 said:
Ok the Chicken Little Crowd is quiet tonight, but there is a new bloated crowd out tonight. Let's keep this win realistic. We did some great things today. There are plenty of thing we need to work on. The timing routes are still off. Tom did miss some balls. The defense has some injury holes. The season is long and we need to play better football. Congrats to everyone today, but we must be realistic.

But let's accentuate the positive.

1. The play-calling was varied and imaginative.

2. The O-line played brilliantly, especially so considering they were breaking in a rookie Right Tackle.

3. Brady was starting to develop his relationship with Doug Gabriel

4. Dillon was excellent; Maroney was astonishing

5. The rotation on the defense really paid off -- by the end Jarvis and TBC were running riot

6. The makeshift secondary held together far better than we had any right to expect

7. The whole team played with desire and intensity from first to last

OK, it wasn't perfect. But who can deny that it was a huge step in the right direction?

Digger44 said:

This was a very rewarding win, let's enjoy it.

fgssand said:
100% agree there Digger.

Dolphins are going to be one desperate pissed off team, kind of like NE was today.

Fortunately, with our coaching staff - they know not to take any team lightly - especially the Dolphins.

This is a divisional opponent that we have a very hard time beating when we are playing our best ball any time, any season, no matter what the records are.

It will lake a huge effort to win next week - I am certainly confident we will do just that however.

No game is easy, no lead is safe in the NFL.

Yes, you're right. NO game is a gimme in today's league.

However, the posters of Patsfans.com are not playing the game. Just because we, the fans, celebrate a great Pats win does not mean the team is going to become overconfident and ****y. I highly doubt they take their behavioral cues from our messageboard.

Nothing we type here is going to affect the outcome of next week's game, unless some posters here have really concealed their identities as high level Patriots players or coaches.

So I still don't understand how basking in a dominant win a few hours after the game is over is a big deal.

Last edited:
The turnaround in the Patriots play from last week to this week in amazing.
It's why after over 45 years of watching NFL football I don't get too high after a win or too low after a loss. I don't trash talk either for that reason. It's too easy to make a fool of yourself and eat your words. I don't like that taste. The Patriots played lousy against Denver and very well today. I don't think it means they'll win the rest of thier games and the SB and I don't think they'll regress to the Denver game play either. No one knows what's going to happen from here on out or how the season will end. I know BB doesn't know. And if he doesn't know, no one here does either -:)

And today was a helluva lot better than week four last year which ended San Diego 41, New England 17, in Foxborough. :(

I like New England 38, Cincinnati 13 much more better. :)

No let down against Miami allowed though; looks like we might have a cornered rat there.

Digger44 said:

Kudos to Digger. Our strengths are very strong, but we have weaknesses like any other team.

Had we not held them to field goals early, we're probably looking at a different game. If we've started to find our identity, I think we'll just get better.

We are a big team on offense, capable of pounding teams with RBs,TEs and WRs.

We'll need to pound, because our LBs and DBs are not dominating physically.

Our DLine should be causing pain every game and needs to step it up if not.

And there ain't nothing wrong with reality, from where I'm sitting. We're the team of the century and can still prove it when necessary.:D

Digger44 said:
Ok the Chicken Little Crowd is quiet tonight, but there is a new bloated crowd out tonight.

I think some of the same people fit both those descriptions. It's just a different day.

So it's not okay anymore to celebrate the team's win..? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand