PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We all fell for it.

lurker1965

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
In the end this was brilliant PR for the NFL. Yes, they will end up with egg on their face, and yes, Goodell's relationship with Kraft is irreparably damaged, but think of what could have been.

With lap dogs like Florio doing PSI: CSI 24/7 for one week they don't reach for the other juicy story, Ray Rice.

Among those that fell for was me.

I think you give the NFL too much credit. As badly as they handled the Ray Rice investigation, hell the Spygate investigation, you think they drummed this controversy up for ratings and as a distraction?

No, this has always been a non-story that got legs because Irsay leaked it; because the media loves a good witch hunt and loves taking down the biggest targets, and because the NFL is leaky as sh*t. Ineptitude by the NFL and an out-of-control media, that's all this was.

The NFL has been out of control with their leaking information to the media for a very long time. As incompetent as Goodell and the league office is, it would be impossible for them to not notice.

Here's the thing: who would ever call them out on it? The very same media members that depend on these leaks for their stories are not about to bite the hand that feeds them, and leave them or their employer completely shut out of any scoops that would in the future go to their competitors.

Since there is apparently zero effort to curtail the almost daily abundance of leaked information, it is not a stretch to believe that the league offices not only condone these acts, but encourage or orchestrate them.

It is what it is, what matters is what BB and the team do in response to it.

I'm hoping and expecting this will be the ultimate circle the wagons eff them all show the world what we've really got decisive win.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back