PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dolphins might be closing in on a deal for Deshaun Watson (edit: or not)

BTW, I don't get why Caserio would trade Watson before the trade deadline unless he got close to what he wants. From the Texans' standpoint, there is little down side to trading him after the season instead of the next week or so. They will save $5-6 million in base salary, but that is the only big advantage. If it is the difference between getting two #1s now and say three #1s in March next year, it is in their best interest to wait and let the legal stuff play out. Odds are whatever the Dolphins offer now will still be there after the season.

Yes, Ross has all those Super Bowl rings. I mean when I think of NFL excellence, I think of Ross' Dolphins. The guy has been a joke of an owner and has looked ridiculous many times. He might be a genius in the corporate world, but he has been in over his head as a owner.

ross, khan and the legendary woody Johnson, all successful at business by surrounding themselves with talented people.

yet, let them purchase an nfl franchise and watch how they surround themselves with clowns and perverts!

strange or destiny?

BTW, I don't get why Caserio would trade Watson before the trade deadline unless he got close to what he wants. From the Texans' standpoint, there is little down side to trading him after the season instead of the next week or so. They will save $5-6 million in base salary, but that is the only big advantage. If it is the difference between getting two #1s now and say three #1s in March next year, it is in their best interest to wait and let the legal stuff play out. Odds are whatever the Dolphins offer now will still be there after the season.
because he has a guaranteed 35 million coming his way next year if hes on the roster on the 5th day of the new league year? I get him out asap if im caserio

If Watson is cleared to play, then wouldn't the Texans just keep him? They need a good QB more than anybody.
If Watson isn't cleared to play, then wouldn't the Dolphins not be interested?
Because Watson wants out

Tua sucks
Thoughtful analysis... Lol... Regardless, I ask because I wonder what the mechanics of the trade might be... Now rumors say it might be a musical chairs type deal...

ross, khan and the legendary woody Johnson, all successful at business by surrounding themselves with talented people.

yet, let them purchase an nfl franchise and watch how they surround themselves with clowns and perverts!
5repgb.gif

Thoughtful analysis... Lol... Regardless, I ask because I wonder what the mechanics of the trade might be... Now rumors say it might be a musical chairs type deal...
That makes sense to me. The Texans invested in Mills and should give him a shot. Washington gets infatuated by QBs, so would like Tua and could give the Dolphins Ryan Fitzpatrick back.

No no, risking so much capital for a guy who might not be able to play would be that. I mean, Watson's worth a ton IF he can play.
Alright that makes sense. I am wondering if the team that trades for him has been given any inclination what the punishment will be.

Looks like a trade is happening soon.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back