PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Brady Quinn signs

Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious how can it be theory when it showed in two consecutive years he didn't do well in bowl games?

All I am saying time will tell if he is successful.

just curious how can it be theory when it showed in two consecutive years he didn't do well in bowl games?

All I am saying time will tell if he is successful.

Actually, that's precisely what you weren't saying. But, then again, you know that full well.

at least Peyton played in a division that is the closest thing to the NFL as far as talent is concerned. You're the one who brought up how Peyton did versus Florida.

So,now you hold it against Quinn that Notre Dame is NOT affiliated with any of the NCAA D1 Divisions? Like Quinn has a say in any of that.

Also, I think its pretty ludicrous of you to say that the SEC is/was the closest thing to the NFL as far as talent is concerned. Particularly back 10 years ago when Manning was in college. Do you have anything to support that other than an uneducated guess?

I'd really love to know where you pull this garbage from. How do you figure that he wanted the SKY? He wanted the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of his contract to be reflective of where he and the team figured he would be, whichi is the starter. HOW the hell is that wanting the sky?

I'm going to be honest. I will take Charlie Weis' candid opinion on the kid over yours any day of the week.

Weis was quoted on a national newspaper that Brady Quinn can play in the Patriots offense right now. If that doesn't inflate someone's ego I don't know what does. ND played a weak schedule last year. When they played the LSU and OSU and USC's they got humiliated.

I'd really love to know where you pull this garbage from. How do you figure that he wanted the SKY? He wanted the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of his contract to be reflective of where he and the team figured he would be, whichi is the starter. HOW the hell is that wanting the sky?

I'm going to be honest. I will take Charlie Weis' candid opinion on the kid over yours any day of the week.

Yeah,Charlie Weis said Quinn is a combo of Manning and Brady before the draft started to get his boy higher ranked on drafts list,nobody beleived Weis's BS then as evidenced by his 20+ pick :rolleyes:

I lost a bit of Weis integrity when he is comparing a raw talent which played excellent in college but not great and comparing him to 2 of today's best players in the NFL,If not in NFL History in Peyton and Tom? - THAT STATEMENT WAS LUDICROUS!!

Weis is backing his boy,What the hell do you think he is going to say stupid,something like Brady Quinn will suck and won't make it in the NFL?

Its like a huge well known car dealership saying a used car is much better there than any other smaller dealership with the same type vehicle and same mileage because the car they are saying is better IS in thier own lot.

Believe everything Charlie Weis says and endorces...Maybe he can sell you,not me and its obvious many GMs didn't think so either.

Weis is a great coach and great for football but needs to coach and shut the mouth and let his boys show us how they are in the NFL instead of crap reference to 2 of today's greatest players when he has not even taken a snap yet.

Weis was quoted on a national newspaper that Brady Quinn can play in the Patriots offense right now. If that doesn't inflate someone's ego I don't know what does. ND played a weak schedule last year. When they played the LSU and OSU and USC's they got humiliated.

When did Quinn start lining up at linebacker and D-lineman?

By the way, when did putting up 24 and 31 points against USC and 20 against Ohio State become evidence of a problem?

Last edited:
A pretty BOLD prediction by some saying that Quinn is no better than Leaf was....a LARGE room for error...BOLD!! Time will tell.

So,now you hold it against Quinn that Notre Dame is NOT affiliated with any of the NCAA D1 Divisions? Like Quinn has a say in any of that.

Also, I think its pretty ludicrous of you to say that the SEC is/was the closest thing to the NFL as far as talent is concerned. Particularly back 10 years ago when Manning was in college. Do you have anything to support that other than an uneducated guess?

This past year's draft: Russell, Landry, Willis, Jarvis Moss, Meachem, Jamaal Anderson, Ben Grubbs, Dwayne Bowe, Chris Houston, Justin Harrell were all considered blue chip prospects

Florida Gators won the national Championship last year. Two years prior to that it was LSU.

as far as the uneducated guess. Look at the statistics. BTW the #1 prospect for the 2008 NFL Draft is McFadden from Arkansas (SEC)

Not to mention the fact that Brady is in a division with 2 of the NFL's top defenses

Can you imagine this golden boy going up 2 times a year
against the likes of Baltimores defense and Pittsburghs D as well - Troy Polamalu,Ed Reed ect: - One Word -OUCH!!

So, Brady Quinn will be called a bust by you unless he proves totally successful right off the bat. Is that what you are saying? Lets forget the fact that the Browns defense hasn't been exactly exemplary, though its got some nice pieces and is still a work in progress.

The Browns even though they have Jamal Lewis, have a questionable running game. the Browns O-line is a work in progress with a new LT in Joe Thomas.

What the Browns do have is a few young players on offense in Braylon Edwards, Joshua Cribbs and Kellen Winslow who could be special if given the proper guidance and the team gels behind Romeo's lead.

The only people treating him like a "Golden Boy" are the ones who are CRAPPING on him right now. Most people, including Quinn, realize that he has a lot of learning to do. But he also believes that should he get there, that he should be compensated fairly for it. Its not like he was acting like JaMarcus Russell and demanding $20 million in guarantees. Quinn wanted some incentives/guarantees in place for if/when he should become the starter of the team.

A pretty BOLD prediction by some saying that Quinn is no better than Leaf was....a LARGE room for error...BOLD!! Time will tell.

Yeah,Its bold but I am sticking by it...Montana and Theismann have nothing to worry about when referring to QB success from ND to the pros IMO

This past year's draft: Russell, Landry, Willis, Jarvis Moss, Meachem, Jamaal Anderson, Ben Grubbs, Dwayne Bowe, Chris Houston, Justin Harrell were all considered blue chip prospects

Florida Gators won the national Championship last year. Two years prior to that it was LSU.

as far as the uneducated guess. Look at the statistics. BTW the #1 prospect for the 2008 NFL Draft is McFadden from Arkansas (SEC)

This year is not 10 years ago when Peyton was there. And that is what I am referring to. You mentioning NOW has nothing to do with ANYTHING.

And you still haven't explained how its Quinn's fault that Notre Dame remains one of a very few unaffiliated D1 schools.

Yeah,Charlie Weis said Quinn is a combo of Manning and Brady before the draft started to get his boy higher ranked on drafts list,nobody beleived Weis's BS then as evidenced by his 20+ pick :rolleyes:

You have your facts incorrect. Weis was saying that Quinn had many of the same tools as Tom Brady when Weis 1st took over. And he said it again prior to the start of the season. I am NOT talking about some bs interview prior to the draft.

I lost a bit of Weis integrity when he is comparing a raw talent which played excellent in college but not great and comparing him to 2 of today's best players in the NFL,If not in NFL History in Peyton and Tom? - THAT STATEMENT WAS LUDICROUS!!

No more ludicrous than claiming that Brady Quinn is the next Ryan Leaf. So, I guess your credibility just took a shot as well.

Weis is backing his boy,What the hell do you think he is going to say stupid,something like Brady Quinn will suck and won't make it in the NFL?

Its like a huge well known car dealership saying a used car is much better there than any other smaller dealership with the same type vehicle and same mileage because the car they are saying is better IS in thier own lot.

Believe everything Charlie Weis says and endorces...Maybe he can sell you,not me and its obvious many GMs didn't think so either.

I never said I believed everything that Weis endorses. That is you making more stupid comments and assumptions.

Weis is a great coach and great for football but needs to coach and shut the mouth and let his boys show us how they are in the NFL instead of crap reference to 2 of today's greatest players when he has not even taken a snap yet.

So, if Weis shouldn't compare Quinn to Brady and Manning in terms of his willingness to watch film and be a student of the game, who should he compare him to? Ryan Leaf? Someone who is known to NOT give a damn about film study?

This year is not 10 years ago when Peyton was there. And that is what I am referring to. You mentioning NOW has nothing to do with ANYTHING.

And you still haven't explained how its Quinn's fault that Notre Dame remains one of a very few unaffiliated D1 schools.

dabruinz,

I did not bring up the point about Manning and Florida another poster did. Does Quinn have control over what division he plays no he doesn't.

Even 10 years ago: the SEC was pretty stacked with talent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NFL_Draft

So, Brady Quinn will be called a bust by you unless he proves totally successful right off the bat. Is that what you are saying? Lets forget the fact that the Browns defense hasn't been exactly exemplary, though its got some nice pieces and is still a work in progress.

The Browns even though they have Jamal Lewis, have a questionable running game. the Browns O-line is a work in progress with a new LT in Joe Thomas.

What the Browns do have is a few young players on offense in Braylon Edwards, Joshua Cribbs and Kellen Winslow who could be special if given the proper guidance and the team gels behind Romeo's lead.

The only people treating him like a "Golden Boy" are the ones who are CRAPPING on him right now. Most people, including Quinn, realize that he has a lot of learning to do. But he also believes that should he get there, that he should be compensated fairly for it. Its not like he was acting like JaMarcus Russell and demanding $20 million in guarantees. Quinn wanted some incentives/guarantees in place for if/when he should become the starter of the team.

First off let me say this NOTRE DAME is my FAVORITE college team and still I don't think Quinn will succeed in the NFL - like pats726 said,time will tell in the next 3-4 years

I don't understand if its what Charlie Weis says or you are just a Quinn Ballwasher for some reason but I think of the 2 QBs drafted in the first round Russell will by far have a better career than Quinn.

Like I said Weis is a great coach but appears to be a very arrogant one who thinks any player who is highly touted will become a HOFer for a good reason because he coached him..This will not be the last ND player who is highly touted that Weis will compare a great player to.

hey dabruinz, one more thing can you make a comment about someone's post without saying uneducated guess or stfu?

just curious.

hey dabruinz, one more thing can you make a comment about someone's post without saying uneducated guess or stfu?

just curious.

I do all the time. Maybe you should pay attention.

Or better yet, how about you explain how the SEC, when Manning was in it, was the cream of the D1 college crop. Remember to include the Big 10, Big East, and Atlantic Conferences. Oh, and I do realize that the Pac 10, MAC and Sunbelt Conferences weren't big players then.

You have your facts incorrect. Weis was saying that Quinn had many of the same tools as Tom Brady when Weis 1st took over. And he said it again prior to the start of the season. I am NOT talking about some bs interview prior to the draft.

No more ludicrous than claiming that Brady Quinn is the next Ryan Leaf. So, I guess your credibility just took a shot as well.

I never said I believed everything that Weis endorses. That is you making more stupid comments and assumptions.

So, if Weis shouldn't compare Quinn to Brady and Manning in terms of his willingness to watch film and be a student of the game, who should he compare him to? Ryan Leaf? Someone who is known to NOT give a damn about film study?

Its stupid to compare a college QB to ANY professional athlete and to even put Quinn in a combo of Brady and Manning is not just stupid its ludicrous,Brady and Manning type players come once a decade if that.

I HEARD IT from his mouth on Sirius NFL Radio back in March and tohught it was more than a dumb statement.

Weis should just shut his mouth,Maybe say he expects Quinn to have a great career and leave it at that,Make Quinn be the one to shut anti-quinn guys like me up or show how stupid you are to have beleived Weis words - One of us will be wrong proven in a few years.

Brady Quinn has agreed to a five-year contact with the Cleveland Browns worth $20.2 million, with $7.75 million guaranteed, ending his holdout.

The deal could grow to $30 million over five years with incentives.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2964653

Seems to be much more reasonable that what Jamarcus Russell wants out in Oakland.

I wonder how Reggie Nelson feels. He was drafted in the spot before Quinn and IIRC he got only 7.5 million guaranteed.

I do all the time. Maybe you should pay attention.

Or better yet, how about you explain how the SEC, when Manning was in it, was the cream of the D1 college crop. Remember to include the Big 10, Big East, and Atlantic Conferences. Oh, and I do realize that the Pac 10, MAC and Sunbelt Conferences weren't big players then.

Oh I pay attention. Who won the National Championship in 1998?

Tennessee

what division are they in?

SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes