PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New name for Gostkowski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I have some trouble spelling this kid's name at times and its not the shortest name either. Can anyone come up with a reasonable nickname for him that's easy to spell? I'm sure with the rich imaginations of the posters on this board someone can come up with a suitable nickname?

Example of kicker names. Sebastian Janikowski was referred to as Sea Bass.

Last edited:
I have a problem with naming things until I know I can keep them.

VJCPatriot said:
I have some trouble spelling this kid's name at times and its not the shortest name either. Can anyone come up with a reasonable nickname for him that's easy to spell? I'm sure with the rich imaginations of the posters on this board someone can come up with a suitable nickname?

If it ain't ghost, I don't know what it is.

VJCPatriot said:

Go for it VeeJay

If he grows into being a clutch kicker...."Guts"

well

How about Eyechart? I used to call mentkeywicz (now you know why) that, but he's gone now!:D

I like Ghost, but I think people will end up calling him "Guts."

If he's as good as he was in college, the media will basically be calling him the kicker equivalent of Brady, with Adam V. being the new Drew.

PFnV

Not just Ghost, but THE GHOST. I already have him as the repalcement for the person who is now dead to me.

I even retained my dogs to go after the football when I say "The Ghost" before I kick it. It use to be the name of the that other person that I used for that.:mad:

I thought about ghost as well, it is just so easy. But it may be appropriate if he makes the team, he is just a ghost in the shadow or the Great, Superhuman Adam Viniateri! I think it is sort of a clever way to say that fans will look right thru him like he is not there, until he reaches rock star status like Adam, who made two clutch kicks back in 2001 (and is as great a kicker as we have seen in a long time).

I like it!

I would be thrilled if the story after our next superbowl is "The Big Three: Belichick, Brady and the Holy Ghost!"

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, no.... I finally get a fellow Polock on the team, and you all want to de-Slavic his most excellent name. Phooey! :(

We did this thread already a couple months ago. It's The Polish Ghost: He's so accurate, it's spooky.

Stephen Gostkowski = Polish Ghost?

Word association

Polish -> Sausage
Ghost -> Casper

The friendly sausage then? Somehow that sounds wrong.

Any other ideas?

Super G
STNG -> Sting
Big G
Stevie G
Stone "Cold" Gostkowski
Gold Dust
Stewie
Steps Up N Knocks em Down
3Step G
G-Money
Golden Goose
Grey Goose
Goose
Ghost

Humm what sounds better, Goose or Ghost? I kinda like Goose.
Anybody else? I know most of these don't make sense, just trying to brainstorm.

VJCPatriot said:

Maybe Chris Berman will come up with something.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No, no, no.... I finally get a fellow Polock on the team, and you all want to de-Slavic his most excellent name. Phooey! :(

Surely you already had one: Mruczkowski. Now there's a name for those who like their consonants! ;)

"Ghost thru the Post":)

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsChick87 said:
I have a problem with naming things until I know I can keep them.

Not sure why I noticed, but congrats on post 1500!

And if the counter is off, and this is not post 1500, congrats on something else.:)

'Goose' is already taken by fat slob former Defense Tackle of the Ravens, who now is a media personality, and covered the Eagles/Pats superbowl, with lots of predictions that the Eagles would win.

Before that he used to slam the Pats, and Brady in particular, on some lame, short lived Sunday morning cable pre-game show full of haters.

But then he became a 'Pats' convert, at least long enough to come on local cable channels to promote some kind of sausage treat, named after himself, that he wanted people to buy for tailgating.

Tony Siragusa.....

The first thing I thought of was a bite of Ghost Face Killa (the rapper)...

"Ghost Place Kicka."

Horrible, I know, but I control not what the mind concludes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick