PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mills to I.R., Mruczkowski and Testaverde signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know there's already a thread on Testaverde, but here are the rest of the moves:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

November 14, 2006
Pats moves

The Patriots have made three roster moves today, signing quarterback Vinny Testaverde and offensive lineman Gene Mruczkowski, and placing rookie tight end Garrett Mills on injured reserve.

The move with Testaverde is sure to draw some attention.

Testaverde, who turned 43 on Nov. 13, adds a third quarterback to the roster. The Patriots also have Tom Brady and Matt Cassel. In Testaverde, the team adds a veteran presence to the quarterback room. This marks the first season that the Patriots haven't carried a veteran quarterback under Bill Belichick.

This marks Testaverde's 20th NFL season as he has played in 223 NFL games with 208 starts since entering the league with Tampa Bay in 1987. He joins his sixth NFL franchise after having played with Tampa Bay (1987-92), Cleveland (1993-95), Baltimore (1996-97), the New York Jets (1998-2003, 2005) and Dallas (2004).

The Patriots had an extra roster spot after placing offensive lineman Billy Yates on injured reserve Monday.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 05:24:42 PM

Last edited:
Mills on IR = :(

Is this a real injury, or a 'slow to recover from a hangnail' injury?

I agree with the likely Mills hangnail injury.

I'm glad to see Mruc back, although Yates was clearly the right choice over Mruc.

I have been lobbying for Testaverede. I've always thought we needed a veteran backup quarterback.

Stevenson must have been a real bust, not even good enough to keep until he had a minor injury (and then to IR).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents