PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Wilbon: Predicts 9-7/10-6 record for 2008 Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
ESPN-MikeWilbon%20%20_photo.jpg

And says they may or may not make the playoffs, this during the over/under segment on PTI.

I know you all value his opinions so thought I'd share.

Last edited:
Re: Micheal Wilbon: Predicts 9-7/10-6 record for 2008 Patriots

Cocaine is a helluva drug

Yea I saw this, and there is really only two ways to look at it:

Wilbon is trying to be the contrarian and just hate on Pats fans (which is fine, by all means hate on success)

or

Wilbon is genuinely that unknowledgeable about football. The team could have JAGS at every most of the positions and still make it to the playoffs with Brady Bellichick Moss and Willfork. That doesn't account for the easiest schedule in the league, or the fact that they've lost as many games in 06 and 07 combined as he predicts them to lose in 08.

Either way, I haven't acknowledged him as a reputable source for a while, and this didn't help.

Nice to know how stupid he still is..he'll be in the Hall of Shame with his comments last year about injuring Brady...The fact that he's going low means they'll be quite good..much like last year..

Nice to know how stupid he still is..he'll be in the Hall of Shame with his comments last year about injuring Brady...The fact that he's going low means they'll be quite good..much like last year..
I forgot about that,maybe that heart attack he had was karma.

I think he's still predicting the Pistons will beat the Celtics.

Wonder who he sees possibly taking the division...

I don't know about karma...I'm glad he's recovered....Everyone knows a QBs livelihood depends on his legs..his ability to move and Wilbon was basically saying he would injure him..basically taking his livelihood away. Would he feel the same if someone said that naybe Wilbon should have his fingers cut off..his tongue taken out..BASICALLY stopping his own livelihood?? EVERYONE would be outraged if that happened with reason, but Wilbon lives on a one way street.

Sharon Stone, that you?

Has it ever occurred to anyone that not EVERYONE in the national media needs to ballwash the Patriots? He picked them to go 9-7 or 10-6, what's the big deal? Try to take off the the homer glasses and realize it is OK for someone to think that they won't do well. Anything can happen on any given Sunday and we know that. I just don't understand why everyone gripes because ONE guy does not think they'll go 16-0 again. He picked us to be mediocre, so who cares? Get over it. Do I agree with him? No. But not everyone sympathizes with the Pats.

Has it ever occurred to anyone that not EVERYONE in the national media needs to ballwash the Patriots? He picked them to go 9-7 or 10-6, what's the big deal? Try to take off the the homer glasses and realize it is OK for someone to think that they won't do well. Anything can happen on any given Sunday and we know that. I just don't understand why everyone gripes because ONE guy does not think they'll go 16-0 again. He picked us to be mediocre, so who cares? Get over it. Do I agree with him? No. But not everyone sympathizes with the Pats.
Do you know any other serious national writers who have the Pats as maybe NOT making the playoffs?? I think a LOT of this has to do with his ant-Boston bias...and NOTHING more. Nothing to do with ball washing...just Wilbon being dumb and contrarian with an agenda.

Last edited:

That's not ballwashing the Pats it's just honest. This team was 16-0 last year and now they have an even softer schedule and will go 9-7? Where is the logic behind that? Just because I hate the Cowboys doesn't mean that saying "the Cowboys will be a .500 team next year" isn't a stupid statement. Are the Colts gonna be 9-7 next year? of course not.

There's no justification for the prediction, and the most logical one is that he hates the Pats.

If the Patriots do fall to 10-6 which is entirely possible with abundant injuries, they still win the division by a game at least.

:eat2: ...and after I had told Mike to lay off the sauce.
I LOVE the Patriots at 13 - 3 next season.
Forget the Super Bowl hangover. NOT happening!!
No Spygate wearing on them....no perfect record wearing on them.
Just a focused, hungry, talented, experienced team that's HUNGRY for a championship.
HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, please, please, I'm begging EVERY mediot to downplay and doubt the Patriots.
And I know they won't disappoint us because they're mediots!!!
Go Patriots!! 13 - 3 baby!!

Last edited:
It is an idiotic prediction but, god almight, everyone had this guy's balls in their mouths the past couple of weeks and now the same people are sitting here calling him an idiot, calling him out on a heart attack, etc. I actually like Wilbon and, even though this call is in leftfield IMO, still like him. He was actually one of the people on ESPN who was fair to our franchise during the Spygate times.

10-6 is very possible though. Anyone can win on any given Sunday. Must I remind you all that the mighty Patriots lost to the lowly Giants (who most though didn't stand a chance in Hell) in the Super Bowl?

There's no justification for the prediction, and the most logical one is that he hates the Pats.

I quite enjoy your posts but that is one of the most ridiculous things you have ever said. When was the last time you watched PTI? Hell, there is one poster on here who has a pro-Pats Wilbon quote in their sig from last year... POST Spygate.

That's a completely classless post. :p I agree that he should have maybe worded it better but his comment wasn't that bad. He said if the Pats continue to run up the scores, a pissed off opponent might take a shot at Brady. In the very prideful world of NFL football, that isn't completely out of the question.

But saying a sports reporter had a heart attack because of an opinion is beyond pathetic.

I quite enjoy your posts but that is one of the most ridiculous things you have ever said. When was the last time you watched PTI? Hell, there is one poster on here who has a pro-Pats Wilbon quote in their sig from last year... POST Spygate.

Was it the quote where Wilbon said teams should start going after Brady's knees for "running up the score?"

I like Wilbon also actually, but I think that any non-Pats fan hates the Pats now and that's probably his justification for picking them to go 10-6.

Especially since "Any given Sunday" isn't a very tangible reason to predict a season. Nothing has transpired that would indicate a 10-6 or 9-7 season. Just because it "could" happen doesn't mean that it's reasonable to predict that it will. Brady "could" get injured and BB retire, does that mean it's reasonable to predict the Pats will be 4-12?

Last edited:

That's a completely classless post. :p I agree that he should have maybe worded it better but his comment wasn't that bad. He said if the Pats continue to run up the scores, a pissed off opponent might take a shot at Brady. In the very prideful world of NFL football, that isn't completely out of the question.

But saying a sports reporter had a heart attack because of an opinion is beyond pathetic.
YEAH SOOO, And No thats not what he said. He didn't say MAYBE A Opponent he said They Should Take his Knees Out. I never said he HAD a heart attack because he said what he did. Do you even know what Karma is troll? Go back to Buffalo where you belong.

Last edited:

Learn to read. He didn't say "Wilbon had a heart attack because of his opinion of the Patriots". He was saying, maybe the heart attack Wilbon suffered was because he called on someone in the league to "teach the Patriots a lesson" and hurt Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes