PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree mostly, but sex is different. Human trafficking to make egg rolls and human trafficking just for prostitution are 180 degrees apart.

The matter has big significance on football. The other owners can force Kraft out. He has embarrassed the franchise and the NFL with his actions. The NFL is trying to stamp out the abuse of women and here comes Kraft taking advantage of women who are less fortunate. This could be a career ender.. Mere accusations of sexual improprieties nearly took down a supreme court justice.

Its serious.
There is absolutely no way the owners could take krafts franchise away from him over misdemeanor solicitation of a prostitute.
Anyone who thinks they could needs to leave their parents basement, get some fresh air and discover there is a world out there.

It's more than serious. Such wild intemperance in judgment, in both the Kraft and the Kavanaugh cases, is downright depraved, and is a far greater moral offense than Robert Kraft's peccadillo.

Oh never mind, I see what you were referring to now.

"Monsters" It's your view that Robert Kraft is a monster, is it? Let's all step back a moment and reflect on just how depraved and unbalanced such an evaluation is.
No he is not unless the cops were right and he was aware of it. I'm quoting the cops. What I've been trying to get across is the reckless way the cops have presented this case. They called everyone monsters. They called it human trafficking. They said the workers stayed there weeks on and implying thay were imprisoned. How can anyone with a conscience allow these workers to have to live like that? The cops seemed to be okay with so long as their investigation went the way they wanted it to. I'm not saying that were in on it. I'm saying they are either lying about the conditions there or if they're not then they aren't much better and they were wrong to prolong the crimes against the workers

Last edited:
Let's try to balance out this discussion. To label Kraft a monster is probably irresponsible unless you have actual evidence, not just that he is guilty but also that he had some nefarious understanding of the Orchids workers, etc, if they were in fact trafficked. Clearly the police do not have that evidence or they would have gone with broader charges. At the same time, I don't think this is just a tiny issue or some type of lefist conspiracy either.

You're going to have people on the left and right trying to milk it for all it's worth, either as propaganda for some evil oligarchy and conspiracy of the ruling class (left) or fake news galore, purposeful target in Kraft that is a fabrication of the media (right.)

Martin Sheriff may have been a little overzealous and gone on a fishing expedition. This whole thing may be thrown out.

More than 10 people connected to the spas have been charged with offenses ranging from racketeering and money laundering to profiting from prostitution. Only one woman, Lanyun Ma, 49, of Orlando, who ran the East Spa in downtown Vero Beach, has been accused by police of human trafficking, but prosecutors have not formally filed that charge and it’s unclear whether it will proceed.

“We would actually see how far we could go in making a case for human trafficking or racketeering,” said Snyder, a former Republican state lawmaker who co-wrote one of the state’s human trafficking laws. “My sense was: These women don’t do this on their own.”

Paul Petruzzi, a Miami-based attorney representing one of the arrested spa managers, said some of the police tactics – such as secretly installing surveillance cameras in private massage rooms – could face legal scrutiny later.

It’s a very rare and unusual law enforcement tactic to be used,” he said, "and very rare for courts to authorize such a tactic.

The matter has big significance on football. The other owners can force Kraft out. He has embarrassed the franchise and the NFL with his actions. The NFL is trying to stamp out the abuse of women and here comes Kraft taking advantage of women who are less fortunate. This could be a career ender.. Mere accusations of sexual improprieties nearly took down a supreme court justice.

Its serious.
Tell that - how the NFL is trying to stamp out the abuse of women - to Kimberly Wundrum.

Martin Sheriff may have been a little overzealous and gone on a fishing expedition. This whole thing may be thrown out.

More than 10 people connected to the spas have been charged with offenses ranging from racketeering and money laundering to profiting from prostitution. Only one woman, Lanyun Ma, 49, of Orlando, who ran the East Spa in downtown Vero Beach, has been accused by police of human trafficking, but prosecutors have not formally filed that charge and it’s unclear whether it will proceed.

“We would actually see how far we could go in making a case for human trafficking or racketeering,” said Snyder, a former Republican state lawmaker who co-wrote one of the state’s human trafficking laws. “My sense was: These women don’t do this on their own.”

Paul Petruzzi, a Miami-based attorney representing one of the arrested spa managers, said some of the police tactics – such as secretly installing surveillance cameras in private massage rooms – could face legal scrutiny later.

It’s a very rare and unusual law enforcement tactic to be used,” he said, "and very rare for courts to authorize such a tactic.

Possible explanation. They got the warrants based on probable cause that they were busting felony human trafficking (not misdemeanor prostitution.) Judge may not have granted them the warrant had it been for misdemeanor. How much of this is legally admissable in a court? While I have not been a big fan of Kraft during this ordeal, the police department Sheriff struck me as an arrogant jackass who was trying to play himself up like a hero when there is obviously a lot more to this, since you don't typically get videos of people doing misdemeanors, whether it's an ultra rich celebrity or anyone.

If they got a warrant to catch someone for one thing (trafficking) but then caught someone for another thing (solicitation) that could be the the exact case where “a technicality” will come into play depending on legal precedents, and it doesn’t look good that the trafficking case seems to be close to a nothingburger. If you don’t reign in police surveillance for clearly exceeding the scope of their investigation, you are doing the public a disservice. This is speculation, of course. But something that doesn’t sit right is why you’d need to continue to record and surveil even after you’ve clearly proven what you’re trying to prove, which is that the spa was being used for prostitution, and why you’re letting the same women be “trafficked” against their will, if that’s what you believe is happening.

Last edited:
Well, I guess we now know who John#1 is, and why he wasn’t indicted.

Possible explanation. They got the warrants based on probable cause that they were busting felony human trafficking (not misdemeanor prostitution.) Judge may not have granted them the warrant had it been for misdemeanor. How much of this is legally admissable in a court? While I have not been a big fan of Kraft during this ordeal, the police department Sheriff struck me as an arrogant jackass who was trying to play himself up like a hero when there is obviously a lot more to this, since you don't typically get videos of people doing misdemeanors, whether it's an ultra rich celebrity or anyone.

If they got a warrant to catch someone for one thing (trafficking) but then caught someone for another thing (solicitation) that could be the the exact case where “a technicality” will come into play depending on legal precedents, and it doesn’t look good that the trafficking case seems to be close to a nothingburger. If you don’t reign in police surveillance for clearly exceeding the scope of their investigation, you are doing the public a disservice. This is speculation, of course. But something that doesn’t sit right is why you’d need to continue to record and surveil even after you’ve clearly proven what you’re trying to prove, which is that the spa was being used for prostitution, and why you’re letting the same women be “trafficked” against their will, if that’s what you believe is happening.

Get a clue.

Law enforcement has had the mafia under surveillance 365 days a year while they are commiting crimes.

Law enforcement also survels drug rings for years sometimes to catch everyone.

That's your way out this?

anything on the Anselmo pederasty case?

You can have an income of zero and more wealth than some enormous swath of the remainder of the country. If there is one metric that does not capture wealth, it is household (or any other) income.

However, the vast majority of people earn their seed money by doing work (as opposed to inheriting it). Some but not all then amass further wealth through investment (far more these days than in bygone eras, really.) We tend to regard this, too, as a form of working for wealth, especially since so many savings plans are tied to workplaces, and since so many of us "set it and forget it," and typically we realize that wealth as an income stream.

So the kind of money most of us see makes us think our wealth results from our income. The wealthier among us understand that their accumulated and/or inherited wealth is a surplus amount above and beyond the piddling amounts that we worry about in the category of income streams.

So yes, they can have zero earned income in a year, and tremendous wealth.

Your suggested metric is better for capturing wealth at the level of us working shlubs. It's bad as a measure of wealth in general. Since the wealth pyramid is downright asymptotic, measuring this way is going to capture "what people believe is wealth" but will miss a very big chunk of wealth in the hands of comparatively few people.

The only way to look at assets is to look at assets. We use income as a proxy that's inherently flawed and that is becoming progressively more flawed with the passage of time.

The end result is reverse robin hood taxation: We only take from those for whom wealth is income; we leave alone the vast wealth that is not earned. We do not tax the super-rich on the "super" part of their wealth (i.e., most of it.)

If the median is 60k, this statement is correct. If the average (or mean) is 60K, it's incorrect. I'm not in this argument, but it looks like somebody in it introduced the oldest "whoopsie" in the actuarial book, median/mean confusion. I dunno who.
all fair points. But the header of the chart said “Average Income” which automatically implies “per capita”. So I understand it includes all income types, but can not include accumulated wealth(because that’s not income).

I stand by my point that it’s the wrong metric to use because per capita doesn’t provide a fair comparison of INCOME distribution. That’s because it includes those that choose not to work, children and retired citizens.

As of today, almost 45% of Americans don’t pay any taxes. That explains the #1 reason why income distribution per capita has fallen so much. It’s not so much about actual income earned from working

Just saw The Tucker Carlson Report onAmerican Pravda. Apparently sex trafficking in Asian Spa’s is a new thing that just started 5 years ago. 6 years ago it never happened.

Not quite. I have a source that has evidence that Asian spas only started this up after LII.

Butlers fault

Get a clue.

Law enforcement has had the mafia under surveillance 365 days a year while they are commiting crimes.

Law enforcement also survels drug rings for years sometimes to catch everyone.

That's your way out this?

Yes, because people getting shot up while committing other major federal crimes such as racketeering, money laundering, etc or people transporting large amounts of deadly substance, owning millions of dollars worth of illegal weapons ... those things equal a rub and tug at the local massage parlor.

I don't post here enough to know, but I'm certain by this point, you have to be trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST