PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jim Schwartz on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
the titans D coord ..offered an interesting take on the D game plan against indy. Said there many schools of thoughts to approach . Says Tenn played a lot of coverage and lot of cover 2 and red zone D and that is the blueprint the pats put down 2 yrs ago. Said Baltimore played with a lot of different looks and calls to keep them guessing..
according to him 2 weakness to the pats/tenn approach - running game will work for them and their slot receivers and TE up the middle can have big games..

its really interesting to hear this considering all the analysts just keep saying BB had some master gameplan against the colts and shows a 100 different looks etc

I believe it was Ty Law after the 2003 AFCC that basically said it was the easiest and most basic scheme they ran on defense all year.

I'm a big fan of the Pats/Ten approach, Addai isn't a breakaway guy, Clark is limited as a #3 WR, their other guys don't threaten us the way Stokely, Pollard and Clark (as a real TE/H Back, not #3 WR) used to.

Schwartz is one of Belichick's many friends, btw, they're worked together before.

Polian is suppose to be on with Freddy and Shepard later today. That will be must listen radio.

Going by what you say, BelichickFan, it sounds like bend/don't break. They'll give the yards in the middle of the field but then buckle down and let Adam get his 3 all day.

I'm a big fan of the Pats/Ten approach, Addai isn't a breakaway guy, Clark is limited as a #3 WR, their other guys don't threaten us the way Stokely, Pollard and Clark (as a real TE/H Back, not #3 WR) used to.

Schwartz is one of Belichick's many friends, btw, they're worked together before.

BBFan - Don't sell DALLAS Clark short as a #3 reciever. He actually has good hands when he's not injured and he can run routes as well as Stokely did for the Colts.

Last edited:

i may be in the minority but iam worried about the run D with the stretch play and tully bunta cain at the edges...seau is being missed IMO

BBFan - Don't sell Dwight Clark short as a #3 reciever. He actually has good hands when he's not injured and he can run routes as well as Stokely did for the Colts.
Dwight Clark, that name brings back memories. THE catch. Is he still with the Browns, I wonder? ;) Isn't Dallas Clark their TE anyway?

BBFan - Don't sell Dwight Clark short as a #3 reciever. He actually has good hands when he's not injured and he can run routes as well as Stokely did for the Colts.

Dallas Clark need to be accounted for too.:singing:

As a #3 WR he makes a really good pass catching TE. He's solid, he'll make some plays against us. But he's not a "threat" IMO. As a #3 WR he's a JAG (Just a Guy).

As a #3 WR he makes a really good pass catching TE. He's solid, he'll make some plays against us. But he's not a "threat" IMO. As a #3 WR he's a JAG (Just a Guy).

I truly think you are selling him short.

He is to the Colts what Ben Watson is to us at the TE spot.

I think he agrees, but Clark is not playing as a TE right now. He lines up in the slot more than anything else.

Think of it as playing Maroney as a TE. Sure Maroney is a fine RB and he would make plays as a TE, but he wouldn't be a *threat* at the TE spot, if you get my drift.

I exaggerated the example for clarity, but I think the point still stands.

Like Oswelk said, I basically agree. Although I think Clark is more comparable to Graham athletically (which is still good for a TE). But a top ten (but not top five) TE is still very limited as a #3 WR. Put it this way I think we can put a Safety on Clark and not give it a second's thought that he'd have a big game. Stokely from 2003, I'm not so sure.

Polian wimped out. He canceled his appearance on EEI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes