PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green OUT OF NOWHERE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Guys on here are applauding the running game and o-line and rightly so but I have not yet seen a post on how dominating Jarvis Green was...3 Sacks,2 forced fumbles and both were game clinching turnovers..He is the 'secret' star player of the game...I was just wondering whos place he took over for all game,It seemed as if he was in there most of the time...What a backup D-End he is!

Last edited:
I've said it before on this board-all Jarvis Green does is make big plays.

PATRIOT64 said:
Guys on here are applauding the running game and o-line and rightly so but I have not yet seen a post on how dominating Jarvis Green was...3 Sacks,2 forced fumbles and both were game clinching turnovers..He is the 'secret' star player of the game...I was just wondering whos place he took over for all game,It seemed as if he was in there most of the time...What a backup D-End he is!
they played a 4 man front, with 2lb's and 5db's a good portion of the time.

he's good, rememebr sacking manning in the playoffs a few years ago

PATRIOT64 said:

ty warren got one of the forced fumbles

Jarvis Green seemingly always dominates when he is in. Remember how well he filled in for Seymour when Big Sey went down in the end of 04?

Makes me wonder why Jarvis isn't on the field more. At least on clear passing downs.

PATRIOT64 said:

ty warren got one of the forced fumbles

This could really be a breakout year. I mean, if you line up Warren, Wilfork, Seymour and Green who are you going to pay the least attention to. If this keeps up teams will have to pay more attention to him and open up one of the other 3. Wasn't he a 5th round pick? Way to go Jarvis!

Jarvis Green proves that if you work hard to execute your role on the team for a fair salary you can be a Patriot for a long time with a fist full of rings.

Despite his size I wonder if Jarvis would be o.k. suited to play ILB next to Bruschi more and give the 'ol guy Seau more rest especially later in the season,I think he can play anywhere including linebacker,he is very good and one of the best tacklers when he is in there.

Last edited:
Didn't he have a huge game in Superbowl 38 too?

F.B.N. said:
Jarvis Green proves that if you work hard to execute your role on the team for a fair salary you can be a Patriot for a long time with a fist full of rings.

Jahh-vis was the player of the game! :D

Anyone disagree?

PATRIOT64 said:

From what I could tell, in four man fronts, I think he was rotating with Wright (who also played a solid game). However, in some obvious long, passing situations, he and Seymour switched back and forth from NT and RE in a three man front. And yes, Jarvis had a great game today.

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
Despite his size I wonder if Jarvis would be o.k. suited to play ILB next to Bruschi more and give the 'ol guy Seau more rest especially later in the season,I think he can play anywhere including linebacker,he is very good and one of the best tacklers when he is in there.

No.

In response to the original post, you have to like our '4th' DE whether it be Green or Wright. Wright looked good today too. We play some soft Olines this year and I really like how the 4-3 is shaping up against them.

PATRIOT64 said:

Hard to say without seeing film but Jarvis held up pretty well against the run in the 2004 SB run. Jarvis's only sin is playing behind Seymour, who if he stays healthy could end up in the HOF. I hope Jarvis plays his entire career here...he's always been my other Troy Brown of the team.

And he's a guy we resigned before his rookie contract expired. Another great move by our "cheap" front office.

Patriotic said:
And he's a guy we resigned before his rookie contract expired. Another great move by our "cheap" front office.

Yes, and resigned at great value. He's being paid as a backup. He is our starting DE in the 4-3 and a first backup at every position in the 3-4. I'm pretty lazy so I won't confirm this but I'll bet he plays as many snaps as most starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back