PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there a radio link anywhere on the net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadJacksonFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The WBCN 104.1 FM link does not work and I can't get direct tv for NFL right now there is a problem in the mid south with direct tv on NFL PPV.

ChadJacksonFan said:
The WBCN 104.1 FM link does not work and I can't get direct tv for NFL right now there is a problem in the mid south with direct tv on NFL PPV.

If you go to NFL.com they have radio links for all the games. I think you can even pick which announcing team you want (Pat or Jets). But... you have to pay for it. I think it is called field pass. You can't just buy one game, but have to get the whole thing. But I think its less than $20.00.

Good luck finding something.

You can go to nfl.com and buy FieldPass for $30 or $40 and get all radio broadcasts for the rest of the season.

Sometimes I visit here, never felt the need to post, then I saw this thread and I was like "This man needs me! Sign me up!"

Almost a day later, I'm cleared to post. :rolleyes: Anywho, here's what I would have written:

You shouldn't have to pay to listen to freakin' web radio. Forget that FieldPass nonsense.

Go to http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html and go to the NFL section. Lucky for you guys the Pats are one of the few - perhaps the only! - NFL team(s) that does not allow its affliated radio stations to broadcast the game live on the internet. That's why if you go to the stations listed under the Pats section, you'll only hear dead air or Muzak. Hooray!

Solution: Go to the section of the team the Pats are playing and select a feed. I'm currently listening to WABC 770, and WEPN 1050 also has a pretty clear radio feed. Although, if your addition overloads the feed I'll have no choice but to hunt you down and fork you in the eye.

Otherwise Go Pats!

unoriginal said:
Sometimes I visit here, never felt the need to post, then I saw this thread and I was like "This man needs me! Sign me up!"

Almost a day later, I'm cleared to post. :rolleyes: Anywho, here's what I would have written:

You shouldn't have to pay to listen to freakin' web radio. Forget that FieldPass nonsense.

Go to http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html and go to the NFL section. Lucky for you guys the Pats are one of the few - perhaps the only! - NFL team(s) that does not allow its affliated radio stations to broadcast the game live on the internet. That's why if you go to the stations listed under the Pats section, you'll only hear dead air or Muzak. Hooray!

Solution: Go to the section of the team the Pats are playing and select a feed. I'm currently listening to WABC 770, and WEPN 1050 also has a pretty clear radio feed. Although, if your addition overloads the feed I'll have no choice but to hunt you down and fork you in the eye.

Otherwise Go Pats!

Sorry, there is one other team -- The Packers network will not allow the games broadcast either. That will make it rough for this week's game.

WBCN under NFL rules blocks all internet feeds outside of Boston you will hear Music from the station only.

packfan said:
Sorry, there is one other team -- The Packers network will not allow the games broadcast either. That will make it rough for this week's game.

Well nuts. Still, good to know. There's probably a few other teams as well, I haven't gone team by team on gamedays.

nescott said:
WBCN under NFL rules blocks all internet feeds outside of Boston you will hear Music from the station only.

Would you happen to know what rule that would be? That seems to be operating inversely to the TV blackout rule, which states that TV coverage inside a team's market will be "blacked-out" if seats are not sold out 3 (?) days before a game. I know Jacksonville, with its nascent fan base, gets around this by tarping over unsellable seats, thereby "selling out" the game.

If it's an NFL rule, it must only apply to the Patriots because I'm not in the New York market and I still got the feeds for WEPN and WABC.

That may come off as belligerent, but I don't mean to be. I think we got the beginnings of a good thread here on helping out-of-market NFL fans in general - and obviously Pats fans in particular - follow their team, and it'd be nice to suss out what the hell is going on with the radio feeds.

unoriginal said:
Well nuts. Still, good to know. There's probably a few other teams as well, I haven't gone team by team on gamedays.

Would you happen to know what rule that would be? That seems to be operating inversely to the TV blackout rule, which states that TV coverage inside a team's market will be "blacked-out" if seats are not sold out 3 (?) days before a game. I know Jacksonville, with its nascent fan base, gets around this by tarping over unsellable seats, thereby "selling out" the game.

If it's an NFL rule, it must only apply to the Patriots because I'm not in the New York market and I still got the feeds for WEPN and WABC.

That may come off as belligerent, but I don't mean to be. I think we got the beginnings of a good thread here on helping out-of-market NFL fans in general - and obviously Pats fans in particular - follow their team, and it'd be nice to suss out what the hell is going on with the radio feeds.

Three years ago, all the feeds were free. BUT -- in order to keep their affiliate status, the NFL forced the local stations to block the game in order to create a demand for FieldPass. Some still do air the games, just on a couple of minute delay. But not the Packer stations.

packfan said:
Three years ago, all the feeds were free. BUT -- in order to keep their affiliate status, the NFL forced the local stations to block the game in order to create a demand for FieldPass. Some still do air the games, just on a couple of minute delay. But not the Packer stations.

You seem to be by and large right. I can't find coverage of any of this on a league-wide basis, but I have found posts from a couple of team fan bases that match yours.

Seahawks, last couple of comments

San Diego

The conjecture seems to be that the NFL "doesn't realize" that the stations that do so are broadcasting on the internet. However, you'd think if the NFL was so thouroughly policing the radio networks of the Chargers, Patriots, and Packers they'd surely have noticed the affliated radio stations of the New York Jets?

I'd like to ask a media person to poll the NFL on this whole can of worms, but I get the feeling that if this is brought up it will just lead to more feeds getting shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back