PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Holy **** you guys. We were down 28-3 in the Super Bowl and won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry - I'm not pandering for likes and **** I'm serious - I still have these moments of lucidity when I realize how insane it is that we won that ****ing game.

CuWK1mc.png

LOOK AT THAT ****. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?

I so agree. Still in shock. After White scored, I wasn't yelling and screaming, because I was having a hard time processing what I had just seen. I was pretty much in shock. I was shaking after the game. I wish I had a video like half the Pat's fans on YouTube screaming "we ****ing won !", but my video would've been super boring. Just un-****ing believable. So happy and had already scheduled the day off after the game, so thoroughly enjoyed watching on TV all of the spoils that come to the victors, even saw Goodell have to give the MVP trophy to Brady, live. Just amazing.

It's just insane. I've watched the last part of that game ten times and still can't comprehend how they did it.

Beginning of the game coin flip:
upload_2017-2-26_19-15-22.png

OT coin flip:
upload_2017-2-26_19-11-44.png

It's been three weeks and I still have trouble believing it. The analysis I've seen - tired Falcons defense, slight halftime adjustments, error-prone Falcons coach - really just aren't that plausible. It's like I'm in a Philip K. **** novel or The Truman Show.

It just doesn't make any sense that so many things all together would suddenly go the Patriots way and exactly at the same time all the Falcons coaches and players, who'd done a great job throughout the season and designed some brilliant plays early on, would suddenly lose their mind. And then Brady makes this succession of epic drives.

I have never had any sporting event have this effect, of surrealism like this.

Seriously, if this were a movie, I'd just say, this is preposterous.

Time to watch Air Bud I guess for some realism.

Wait. What? When did that happen? This year? I was passed out and missed the 4th quarter. Holy **** is an understatement.

But how will we stand any chance vs the Jets, Bills and Dolphins who always win the off-season playoffs?

Wait. What? When did that happen? This year? I was passed out and missed the 4th quarter. Holy **** is an understatement.

But how will we stand any chance vs the Jets, Bills and Dolphins who always win the off-season playoffs?

I'm still waking up and wondering if we did win the SB or if it was all a dream. Just absolutely mind blowing everything that had to go our way in the end 3rd quarter and 4th , did go our way. 25 point deficit, two 2 point conversions, keeping an explosive offense to 7 points, the sack, the penalty to keep them from getting 3, etc. And then, of course, the coin flip going our way in OT.

It's like in Texas Hold'Em Poker where your opponent has Quad Aces and the 10 of diamonds comes on the river giving you a Royal Flush.

I'm still wondering how the **** it happened and I'll be wondering it for a while.

I was at peace when the score was 28-3. Falcons K Matt Bryant is from the same town as me so while I was certainly disappointed, it was pretty cool that I would know a Super Bowl winner.

Eventually the Pats got a couple scores and I was happy we had kept fighting. Then it's 28-18. No way. 28-20. Still no way. After the Julio catch, I wasn't even mad. What do you do?

Then the Flowers sack. No way. The holding call. No way. The Edelman catch. No way. White TD. No way. Even after the game-tying 2 pointer. No way.

It wasn't until after White scored in OT did I finally have a deep, emotional reaction. That whole drive, I just watched in a state of shock. I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing. Part of me didn't want to believe we could actually win this game.

Just. Wow.

Sorry - I'm not pandering for likes and **** I'm serious - I still have these moments of lucidity when I realize how insane it is that we won that ****ing game.

CuWK1mc.png

It is unbelievable and indescribable. And truly, in my Patriots fan soul, every moment since then has been like...

tumblr_nhkxjhUexD1rvn6njo1_500.gif

:)

28-3 vs. a top 10 offense all time! The defense needed near perfection and they delivered.

I just love that fact. Our D that "didn't play anybody" held a historic offense scoreless in the 4th quarter and 1/8 on 3rd down for the game.

The defense was suppose to crumble when Revis & Browner left according to the media. Butler might develop into a good 3rd CB. Nope. Try an elite CB1.

28-3 and they shut them down. Once in a lifetime. Amazing.

This is going to sound crazy and stupid but, when it was 28-3 and with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd, I was so exasperated that I started playing Solitaire on my iPhone. Could barely watch the game. Then good things started happening. So I kept playing. My wife got to watch more than I did. I would simply lift my head up at the snap of the ball and watch a play for 5 seconds, hen go back to Solitaire. Watching this way took me completely out of the game emotionally. But when good things kept happening, I didn't dare break the mojo. Even with Julio Jones's grab to the 22, I kept playing. I did lift my head up once to see a replay of Edelman's grab. But that's it. I kept up this regimen through overtime, and when White scored, I stood up, dropped my phone, lifted both arms in the air, turned around to my wife and said, "The greatest comeback in history." Then I went and woke up my children who went to sleep dreading the beating they were take at school the next day here in Buffalo. Luckily, my older daughter's principal and history teacher are Patriots fans, so she has some backup. But these kids have taken quite a bit of abuse over the years (my favorite is the camp counselor who kept obstructing my child's fun and who constantly called her "Brady").

Anyhow--I only had half an eye on the game.

Last edited:
I just wanted them to make it competitive. At 28-20, I was happy.

^^^ This.

The combination of alcohol, disappointment, stress and having to keep polite and attentive for my guests left me in some kind of a schizoid trance state.

After the Jones catch I thought it really was over, but I had that feeling of gratitude. SB XLIX had been so great that I had no right to another one, so I was happy that, at least, our boys weren't going to be blown away and humiliated (though I REALLY wanted Tom to ram one up Goodell's rectum). Then, God bless him, that's exactly what he -- and all the other heroes -- did.

Last edited:

CuWK1mc.png

I wish I could have given that a LOL, a Winner and agree! I laughed, so... :D

The entire year was absolutely unbelievable. from 3 and 1 without 12. to the greatest come back in sb history. think about how close they were to being undefeated. if brady was not porked we win that 1st game against buf. sea game went to the goal line on the last play of the game. what a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News