PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest Coaching Staff Ever? We Enjoyed 5 of Them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.hbo.com/infl/columns/articles/kalb/20060907kalb.shtml

- Bill Parcells--the Jets head coach--is the current head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

- Bill Belichick--the Jets assistant head coach (who was in charge of the secondary and was responsible for calling the team's defensive signals)--is the current head coach of the New England Patriots.

- Charlie Weis--the Jets offensive coordinator--is the current head coach of Notre Dame University.

- Romeo Crennel--the Jets defensive line coach--is the current head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

- Eric Mangini--the Jets defensive assistant and quality control coach--is the current head coach of the New York Jets.

- Dan Henning--the Jets quarterback coach--is the current offensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers.

- Bill Muir--the Jets offensive line coach--is the current offensive coordinator/offensive line coach for the Tampa Bay Bucs.

I Like Ours A Bit Better from 2004
Belichick , Charlie, Romeo, Dante, Mangini, Mike Woicik ... why not?

Last edited:
Re: Greatest Coaching Staff Ever? We Enjoyed 4 of Them.

Actuslly we had five on the Pats. I know we didn't "enjoy" the way Parcells left, but we "enjoyed" him getting us to a SB.

Wow I guess I never realized they were all assembled at once like that. That is quite the impressive staff... innuendo intentional.

Everyone always talks about Mangini, Crennel etc. coming from the BB coaching tree...but didn't they all come from the Parcells coaching tree?

zippo59 said:
Everyone always talks about Mangini, Crennel etc. coming from the BB coaching tree...but didn't they all come from the Parcells coaching tree?

It depends who really coached that team...right now it appears Belichick coached at least 1/2 of it.

That Jet staff has nothing on the 91-94 Browns. Just more pro-Parcells propaganda. The old man is worried about cementing his legacy and loves to drop article "ideas" to his minions in the press, Kalb being among them. Tuna's failures in Dallas are driving him and his "biographers" to overreach, trying to take indirect credit for BB's work with the Pats. Fortunately, when the Pats win it all again this year, absent of any ties to BP, Parcells' ego will finally be stuffed in the oversized bread box where it belongs.

Last edited:
PonyExpress said:
That Jet staff has nothing on the 91-94 Browns. Just more pro-Parcells propaganda. The old man is worried about cementing his legacy and loves to drop article "ideas" to his minions in the press, Kalb being among them. Tuna's failures in Dallas are driving him and his "biographers" to overreach, trying to take indirect credit for BB's work with the Pats. Fortunately, when the Pats win it all again this year, absent of any ties to BP, Parcells' ego will finally be stuffed in the oversized bread box where it belongs.

Yes...the clock is ticking on "Tuna" ... I think it stopped when he lost Belichick also...to be honest...I gave Belichick credit way back then...those defenses played above their true potential.

Speaking of, did anyone else hear about how Parcells made himself physically ill at the Redskins game the other night because despite the fact that it was warm and humid he refused to take of his thick coat. The Cowboys were winning and he superstitiously didn't want to do anything to upset his teams success.

I was shocked by how the press made such a little deal of this. When I heard it thought Parcells was a totoal moron.

zippo59 said:
Speaking of, did anyone else hear about how Parcells made himself physically ill at the Redskins game the other night because despite the fact that it was warm and humid he refused to take of his thick coat. The Cowboys were winning and he superstitiously didn't want to do anything to upset his teams success.

I was shocked by how the press made such a little deal of this. When I heard it thought Parcells was a totoal moron.
Superstition? That's what BP wants you to think. The real scoop is he was feeling self-conscious on national TV and wanted to hide his man-boobs.:D

zippo59 said:
Mangini started with Belichick in Cleveland. He followed Belichick to NY and Parcells.

PonyExpress said:
Superstition? That's what BP wants you to think. The real scoop is he was feeling self-conscious on national TV and wanted to hide his man-boobs.:D

:rofl:

actually I've stayed in the same position on my couch for 3 + hours when the Pats are doing good, for fear if I move they will go downhill, so I can relate.

patsacolachick said:

actually I've stayed in the same position on my couch for 3 + hours when the Pats are doing good, for fear if I move they will go downhill, so I can relate.
If I wasn't already married I'd propose to you right now! ;) You are a true fan! :rocker:

patsacolachick said:

It's one thing for a fan to have his or her routines or superstitions. I will fully admit that I have my own. I think it is something totally different with a coach.

zippo59 said:
It's one thing for a fan to have his or her routines or superstitions. I will fully admit that I have my own. I think it is something totally different with a coach.

So..what does this mean for the HOODIE this winter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents