PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give Papi A Break!

Good article. I feel bad for Big Papi, everyones happy when hes hitting of course, and it seems like many fans believe he doesn't deserve to be somewhat normal and have a slump. All the negativity can't help.

Well something has got into him tonight, he has hit 2 doubles, walked, and got a rbi

Well something has got into him tonight, he has hit 2 doubles, walked, and got a rbi

One game doesn't make up for a month of bad play so far...

If he can't do what he usually does in May, bounce back, then he's over as a great slugger.

Last edited:
Doesn't make it better, sure, but its a swing in the right direction don't ya think...

He will bounce back in May, your just made he hit the 2 doubles against the Skanks. Also, what is funny is that Ortiz was complaining about having Dustin walked in front of him, but yesterday they didn't hesitate to walk him.

The only break I want to give Ortiz right now is a break out of the 3 spot and into the 5th spot. Jason Bay belongs as the #3 hitter. If this were the Patriots rtiz would be the 6th or 7th hitter if he was even lucky enough to be that.

The only break I want to give Ortiz right now is a break out of the 3 spot and into the 5th spot. Jason Bay belongs as the #3 hitter. If this were the Patriots rtiz would be the 6th or 7th hitter if he was even lucky enough to be that.

Moving him around isn't going to help, makes him feel worse, makes him try harder which leads to worse results, and in the end his downfall. When you have a guy like Ortiz you can't move him around or it ruins his confidence even worse, and it seems so far like he is just missing confidence in himself. He got more confidence on Sunday talking to reporters and has done good his two games since then. It's all about confidence especially after a wrist injury.

This kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and Yaz had his dreadful slump. I think it was 71 or 72. Well he finally broke out of it and I'm confident Big Papi will too.

This kind of reminds me of when I was a kid and Yaz had his dreadful slump. I think it was 71 or 72. Well he finally broke out of it and I'm confident Big Papi will too.

I think he had a few slumps. Can remember going to Fenway and booing him, just like the majority of fans there that day. People are amazed (not Boston fans) that Yaz and Williams were booed. So it's not a huge shock to see some of the comments on Papi.

I think he had a few slumps. Can remember going to Fenway and booing him, just like the majority of fans there that day. People are amazed (not Boston fans) that Yaz and Williams were booed. So it's not a huge shock to see some of the comments on Papi.

You're right. But as I recall he had a really bad slump, his worse in fact.
I remember one game against Oakland, **** Williams was managing the A's and in a tight game, Yaz repped the go ahead run at the plate.
Even though Yaz was in the midst of probably his worse slump, Williams came out and changed pitchers, so paranoid was he of Yaz's bat. Slump not withstanding. Wouldn't you know Yaz hit the game winning homer on that at bat.
I know I went off topic but I thought that story was too cool not to share.:)

You're right. But as I recall he had a really bad slump, his worse in fact.
I remember one game against Oakland, **** Williams was managing the A's and in a tight game, Yaz repped the go ahead run at the plate.
Even though Yaz was in the midst of probably his worse slump, Williams came out and changed pitchers, so paranoid was he of Yaz's bat. Slump not withstanding. Wouldn't you know Yaz hit the game winning homer on that at bat.
I know I went off topic but I thought that story was too cool not to share.:)

I truly think with most of these great players who go into slumps, it is a confidence issue usually after an injury, it takes them awhile to get back confidence, and if people get on them they just try to hard and dig the whole deeper.

:rofl: I was a big Yaz fan ... I remember when he came to bat with cotton in his ears. :rofl:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back