PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 6 Thread

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So Schilling gets the start for game 6. Can G38 pull out another big postseason win? He looked shaky in game 2 but I think Curt's fear of failure will lead him to step up big time in game 6. Let's tie this series up. And I know it's asking for a miracle considering that Tito is managing... but could we please see Ellsbury in the lineup??

Schilling lives for games like this, do or die and double dip his legacy in Boston. There is no other starter I'd rather have on the mound with the exception of Becket. The Sox will hit tonight. I think they have seen enough of Cleveland's bullpen and will get to the starter. I will be absolutely pissed (Pedro>100 pitches pissed) if Fred's kid isn't in the lineup.

It is going to be a huge advantage that it's on our turf. I can't wait for tonight. Go Sox!!! :rocker:

So Schilling gets the start for game 6. Can G38 pull out another big postseason win? He looked shaky in game 2 but I think Curt's fear of failure will lead him to step up big time in game 6. Let's tie this series up. And I know it's asking for a miracle considering that Tito is managing... but could we please see Ellsbury in the lineup??

I couldn't agree more with you in regards to Francoma.....the guy makes some of the most blunderous decisions in the history of the league.....NOT substituting Ellsbury for Coco is one of them......still trying to make the Gagne "experiment" work is another....Gagne may be great on any other team......but he is a cancer here........extremely erratic and not worth the risk.......I think Schilling will step up in this game.......NOW....will the OFFENSE be there to support him??? That is the question........But get Coco out of there......the guy sucks........

Great to hear that Ellsbury is finally gonna start a game. Hopefully Schilling has at least one more good game in him, as if we lose this series this may be the last time we see him in a Sox uniform.

I would have gambled with whoever else was in the bullpen in the second playoff game. Even when Gagne was at Texas he never put away the side 3 up-3 down.
So you'd have preferred a guy with a 36.00ERA or a guy whose only scoreless outing this postseason came when the team was down 4 runs?

Lopez has been worse in the postseason and was worse in September than Gagne. Lester had only one relief appearance prior to that one and has a propensity to walk guys and give up HR. Neither was a better option than Gagne to put in that situation. All three had just as good a chance to blow the game.

When was the last time Gagne was put in a meaningful situation when there were other options available?

Probably when he was on the juice.:p

But really I thought that was one of the worst moves Tito has ever made when Eric Gag-me-with-a-spoon was removed for Javier Lopez in Game 2. I swear my rolled into the back of my head when that happened (actually that has happened several times before, like whenever Mike Timlin throws a breaking pitch with 3 balls against him). I know Gagne hasn't exactly been clutch this season but Tito should have made him win or lose the game.

I'm pretty sure Schilling and his balls of steel will come through in Game 6 though.

Drew comes through!!! What a shot!!! :eek: :rocker:

I always liked him.:bricks:

I'm not a Sox fan, not a baseball fan at all...but the Sox are my home team, so I'm rooting for them for you guys. I can't get into the regular season, but the playoff's are actually somewhat exciting.

I hope they win tonight and what, tomorrow night? I wish them and you fans luck...

Grand slam by Drew!! What a huge play to start the game off right. :rocker:

Carmona is getting his ass beat in!

I can't stop laughing after that Youkilis run down.:p

The Sox are just pouring it on right now. Did anyone see that quote from Garko earlier? Maybe that has something to do with the bats coming alive. :D

The comedy continues..

An amazing diving header by Youkilis past the keeper.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back