PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crap, I saw him during the season and liked him. I was hoping he'd sneak under the radar a round or two. No chance of that now.

Wow, 42" Vert for Pearsall. And Wolf said he likes explosive players.

I wonder if VJ & BJ are going to become the new version of the 3-cone for WRs we draft?

If Harbaugh trades Herbert hes risking his career.
He's not trading Herbert, he's definitely not trading up for McCarthy. That'd be insane.
He wants Mccarthy he can just draft him at 5 then trade Herbert, hard to keep a straight face saying that.
He spent 2 years not letting McCarthy throw and now he'll trade a top 5 QB for him?
McCarthy struggled with accuracy at the combine, same way he did in college, he's a project, you don't trade a known top 5 QB for a project.
Harbaugh is a bit nutty, but this seems even too nutty even for him.

Amarius Mims' physical size measurables at tackle are through the roof unbelievable. The guys is a pterodactyl when it comes to arm length. He is heavy but super tall.

I know people had him pegged as a RT but at that height, weight and arm length, I have no doubt he can play LT.

A couple things on the WR front: Ladd McConkey's testing shows that he's an explosive athlete and can run crisp routes. He's a guy you can take at 15 and be happy. He's going to go quick.

Keon Coleman's 4.61 time in the 40 is dropping him down draft boards.

This is a mistake: Coleman aced a number of other drills like the gauntlet, where he was smooth, showed the best hands at the combine, and excellent play speed as he snagged 5 passes running across the field at 20.5 mph, which was the fastest time in the gauntlet. He kept a straight line and looked smooth as heck. I'm not comparing him to Jerry Rice, but he has a smoothness that translates to much much faster functional play on the field, like Rice, that most other WRs don't have. If teams want to pass on him into the 2nd round, be my guest. I take him. 3rd round? STEAL.

Amarius Mims' physical size measurables at tackle are through the roof unbelievable. The guys is a pterodactyl when it comes to arm length. He is heavy but super tall.

I know people had him pegged as a RT but at that height, weight and arm length, I have no doubt he can play LT.

A couple things on the WR front: Ladd McConkey's testing shows that he's an explosive athlete and can run crisp routes. He's a guy you can take at 15 and be happy. He's going to go quick.

This is a mistake: Coleman aced a number of other drills like the gauntlet, where he was smooth, showed the best hands at the combine, and excellent play speed as he snagged 5 passes running across the field at 20.5 mph, which was the fastest time in the gauntlet. He kept a straight line and looked smooth as heck. I'm not comparing him to Jerry Rice, but he has a smoothness that translates to much much faster functional play on the field, like Rice, that most other WRs don't have. If teams want to pass on him into the 2nd round, be my guest. I take him. 3rd round? STEAL.
I understand your points re Coleman however a few analysts/beat reporters etc have said he has poor separation on his routes. I do not have the knowledge to argue this one way or another but it may also be an issue along with his lack of speed.

Coleman may not have been the best athlete out there yesterday, but he looked better than everyone else on that gauntlet drill.

One area where I like McCarthy better than Maye is Maye's long windup. McCarthy's is compact. I know McCarthy was a little inaccurate yesterday but I feel as though Maye's long windup contributes to his inaccuracy.

Maye measured in with super long arms, also has big hands. Penix is similar. These 2 guys are Randall Cunningham type QBs.

I'm trying to find the 40 time & more importantly 10 yard split for Michigan OT LaDarius Henderson but I'm not having any luck and I missed it live. I think he could be a good day 3 sleeper.

I'm trying to find the 40 time & more importantly 10 yard split for Michigan OT LaDarius Henderson but I'm not having any luck and I missed it live. I think he could be a good day 3 sleeper.
Allegedly he didn’t run the 40 & I can’t find his 10ys either, but if I do stumble upon it, I’ll post it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back