PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Awayyyyyyy We Go!

Thankfully, we don’t have the #1 pick. He is drama we don’t need. I want Maye, but I get the argument for MHJ.

Fortunately, we also have $$$ to spend.

So hear me out as a totally casual follower of draft-y things chilling on a sunny lake effect-free Sunday morning:

Pats trade #2 for Fields. Fresh-beginning Bears take their choice of QB, Pats take a top prospect at WR or OL to start building around Fields, no rookie QB break-in period needed.

Back to my coffee.

So hear me out as a totally casual follower of draft-y things chilling on a sunny lake effect-free Sunday morning:

Pats trade #2 for Fields. Fresh-beginning Bears take their choice of QB, Pats take a top prospect at WR or OL to start building around Fields, no rookie QB break-in period needed.

Back to my coffee.

Coffee Drinking GIF by VidaChic

jk

JJ McCarthy is announcing his decision today. He is expected to declare.

Guyton had a great season and rose up a lot of draft charts, he protected a lefty at Oklahoma so he played right tackle. I’m not sure how tough it is to make the transition? I imagine for some it’s rather easy but the duties are pretty much the same, protect the blind side.

He should declare to return to UM & come out next year when he’ll surely be a top 3 QB in the draft. Next year’s crop sucks..
I agree. He should go back and I almost always believe players should finish what they start.
I disagree that next year's class sucks. There isn't the flash that is craved, but there are more than a few solid and fundamentally sound QBs that will be around for a while.

I agree. He should go back and I almost always believe players should finish what they start.
I disagree that next year's class sucks. There isn't the flash that is craved, but there are more than a few solid and fundamentally sound QBs that will be around for a while.
Name them..

Nix as accurate as he was all season, in the 2nd game vs Washington their defense got a ton of pressure and he looked uncomfortable for most of the game. Got to admit though, I love his back shoulder throw better than anyone in this class. Don’t think he’ll ever be “great” but he might have a Purdy like ceiling.
I don't know, Purdy as a second-year QB throws for 4300 yards and 31 TDs and only 11 INTs... I think that's a pretty high floor.

I don't know, Purdy as a second-year QB throws for 4300 yards and 31 TDs and only 11 INTs... I think that's a pretty high floor.
Not right away, if ever. I’m sure having the most effective running game, George Kittle, Deebo Samuel, an elite defense and Shannahan probably helps though.

So, someone fakes a story about Williams and the Bears and people treating it as true even though it’s not?

Sounds so 2020’s…

To me, it’s Williams or Maye at 3, or go get MHJ or one of the tackles. At this point, those two look like they might be something exceptional.

I could see a small trade down at 3 - small, to still get one of the top 2 tackles or Odunze or Nabers and add another high pick.

I wonder how many of the top 10 taken will be offense.

Fake story about Williams' demands or not; the deadline is tomorrow and he hasn't declared. The reason may or may not be the Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST