PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Physically, Penix gives off a Byron Leftwich vibe.
I envision Penix spending more time in the repair shop than on the field.
Penix Jr might be a Third Rounder after last night looked real shaky NFL Defenses won't be any easier. With those medicals and last nights game he'll be a tough selection even in the Second now. He's going have to bridge the gap in post season workouts.

Drake Maye sounds kind of like Josh Allen to me: Big, elite arm talent, willing to run when he has to, but prone to "hero ball" turnovers and needs some work on his mechanics before he reaches his potential. All in all, I would 100% take a Josh Allen, but the team would need to hire a really good OC and QB coach before I'd feel confident those issues are going to be reeled in. Basically, if we draft Maye we need to find him his version of Daboll.

Drake Maye sounds kind of like Josh Allen to me: Big, elite arm talent, willing to run when he has to, but prone to "hero ball" turnovers and needs some work on his mechanics before he reaches his potential. All in all, I would 100% take a Josh Allen, but the team would need to hire a really good OC and QB coach before I'd feel confident those issues are going to be reeled in. Basically, if we draft Maye we need to find him his version of Daboll.
So you would take Maye over the HOFer's Son??

So you would take Maye over the HOFer's Son??

I actually haven't decided exactly how I want it to go down, honestly. I'm still processing all that happened this year and taking a little mental break before diving into football head first again. Not that I'll ever be like the folks here who actually know how to break down film and prospects, but in my own amateur way I have my own system :)

If Harrison Jr is there, I'd be REAL tempted to take him, but I'm torn, because philosophically I think you need to have a QB and a bare minimum OL before you can think about receivers. In general, my thought is that OL provides your offensive floor, WR provides your ceiling, and QB then determines how your offense will actually perform within that scale.

I actually haven't decided exactly how I want it to go down, honestly. I'm still processing all that happened this year and taking a little mental break before diving into football head first again. Not that I'll ever be like the folks here who actually know how to break down film and prospects, but in my own amateur way I have my own system :)

If Harrison Jr is there, I'd be REAL tempted to take him, but I'm torn, because philosophically I think you need to have a QB and a bare minimum OL before you can think about receivers. In general, my thought is that OL provides your offensive floor, WR provides your ceiling, and QB then determines how your offense will actually perform within that scale.
Well stated we have seen WR's take over games ie... Chase - Hill - Jefferson - Digs and others we Desperately NEED one of those guys and it could be Harrison Jr.

Literally Two First Round picks there one Early one very Late we have to nail those Picks. I would go the obvious QB - Offensive LT then WR First Three picks goes exclusively to the Offense. Screw the Defense and yeah no BB special stupid Trade Down either take the Best players.
We can't afford to screw up any of our picks in this draft (or for many drafts to come). The same can be said regarding Free Agents and any personnel moves.

Getting Drake Maye would be a major coup if we can get him at 3. The problem with Josh Allen has been coaching. He should have been coached to use his legs to just buy time and not keep trying to run over Front 7 players on a regular basis (especially after getting enough yardage). Doing what he's been doing is going to end his career if he doesn't change his style of play that makes him reckless with his body. If New England maintains and adds talent to what is usually a solid offensive backfield (which Buffalo hasn't done for much of Josh Allen's career, thereby making him be a RB), Maye could just use his athletic ability the way Aaron Rogers did in his prime, as have other such QB's.

Getting Drake Maye would be a major coup if we can get him at 3. The problem with Josh Allen has been coaching. He should have been coached to use his legs to just buy time and not keep trying to run over Front 7 players on a regular basis (especially after getting enough yardage). Doing what he's been doing is going to end his career if he doesn't change his style of play that makes him reckless with his body.

Yup, and in these early stages, that's where I'm leaning. If Maye makes it to 3, you take him, and there's a decent chance of that depending on how Chicago or Washington feel about MHJ.

That said, I'm not stressing it, because this team needs a QB, AND a LT, AND weapons. And no matter what they're guaranteed that a blue chip prospect at one of those positions is going to be there at 3. I may be in the minority, but with there being such a dearth of talent at tackle in the NFL, if they ended up with someone like Joe Alt for the next 10-15 years at that position, I don't think that's the worst plan in the end. They need offensive talent everywhere.

Yup, and in these early stages, that's where I'm leaning. If Maye makes it to 3, you take him, and there's a decent chance of that depending on how Chicago or Washington feel about MHJ.

That said, I'm not stressing it, because this team needs a QB, AND a LT, AND weapons. And no matter what they're guaranteed that a blue chip prospect at one of those positions is going to be there at 3. I may be in the minority, but with there being such a dearth of talent at tackle in the NFL, if they ended up with someone like Joe Alt for the next 10-15 years at that position, I don't think that's the worst plan in the end. They need offensive talent everywhere.
Ok speaking hypothetically if you had the chance to get the next R Moss would you pass?? I wouldn't.

I'm going on Record put me down for Harrison Jr let's stop kidding ourselves we need to exorcise some WR Ghosts on and off this Roster.
Who do you have dropping dimes to Jr?

Ok speaking hypothetically if you had the chance to get the next R Moss would you pass?? I wouldn't.

If I could guarantee he's the next Moss? Sure. But it doesn't work that way. And he still wouldn't have anyone to throw him the ball. And if he did, with no OT's, he's not catching anything farther than 10 yards down the field because there won't be any time to throw.

If I could guarantee he's the next Moss? Sure. But it doesn't work that way. And he still wouldn't have anyone to throw him the ball. And if he did, with no OT's, he's not catching anything farther than 10 yards down the field because there won't be any time to throw.
Rookie QB's are no guarantee we have seen it too many time. I am Officially off the QB Early Train @ 3 if MH Jr is there.

I'm going on Record put me down for Harrison Jr let's stop kidding ourselves we need to exorcise some WR Ghosts on and off this Roster.
This. If Pats aren’t sold on any of the top QB’s he’s got to be it. He’ll make any QB we have look a lot better

This. If Pats aren’t sold on any of the top QB’s he’s got to be it. He’ll make any QB we have look a lot better
That's my point I saw J Chase make that J Browning kid look like J Burrow. Hill and Waddle made Tua a Household name Allen became Elite with Diggs... Amari Cooper and jump ball Joe Sometimes it's the WR.

That's my point I saw J Chase make that J Browning kid look like J Burrow.
Chase had one good game after Burrow got hurt. I love Harrison but this isn't the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back