PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dungy speaks of the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peytonsbetter

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
In his interview today, said its extremely hard to win one but, even harder to repeat then went on to say that thats what makes the pats run so special. He also said that the Colt's will try to emulate the run the pats have had.

Wow, what a rivalry we have now. Almost like the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's. I think this is truly a golden-age for the NFL and we, as fans, should realize it and enjoy it.

Again, what a great rivalry and what a great game.//cheesiness off//:D

In his interview today, said its extremely hard to win one but, even harder to repeat then went on to say that thats what makes the pats run so special. He also said that the Colt's will try to emulate the run the pats have had.

Wow, what a rivalry we have now. Almost like the Lakers/Celtics of the 80's. I think this is truly a golden-age for the NFL and we, as fans, should realize it and enjoy it.

Yeah good luck with that Tony.

We'll enjoy it when Tommy's holding that trophy again. Until then . . . :(

i doubt Indy will be able to do what the Pats have done but we will see of course

We all know how hard it is and how impressive it is. We don't need Dungy to tell us. Dungy and his team are just one of many one time winners.

i doubt Indy will be able to do what the Pats have done but we will see of course

It certainly won't be easy but, hey, anythings possible. I just found it classy that he mentioned the Patriots run as something to aspire towards. Classy quote from a classy man.:)

We all know how hard it is and how impressive it is. We don't need Dungy to tell us. Dungy and his team are just one of many one time winners.

Hmm, there were many, many people who predicted the demise of the Colt's when Edge left.

How's that working out?

As long as we have Peyton, we will compete.:)

It certainly won't be easy but, hey, anythings possible. I just found it classy that he mentioned the Patriots run as something to aspire towards. Classy quote from a classy man.:)

nothing against Dungy; i respect him

Talk about an odd couple: Tony Dungy - highly respected by everybody; and Bill Polian - the majority of people wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

...and now how many Peyton advertisings will you see in Us ? i think many more...

...and now how many Peyton advertisings will you see in Us ? i think many more...

Actually, Peyton's planning on cutting way back on his endorsement career in the near future, according to my sources.

Seriously, I DID hear that.

I didn't say you wouldn't. But it took how many years of "competing" to win one - there's no reason to assume that a second will just come around next year.

well..the colts have proven a lot of things wrong like winning with a power running game ...improved defense just the playoffs ..so anything can happen.
Plus i think in the last X yrs or something comparable ..no one has won more games than the colts.
As long as they have manning and that offense ..just like the pats have brady and BB...they always have a chance in the post season- salary cap or no cap.just my 2 cents.

If it weren't for Polian, I would actually like the Colts. Well, I wouldn't like them bcause they're the opposition, but I would feel differently about them. But hey, every rivalry has a bad guy. To us it's Polian, to them it's Belichick?

Last edited:
well..the colts have proven a lot of things wrong like winning with a power running game ...improved defense just the playoffs ..so anything can happen.
Plus i think in the last X yrs or something comparable ..no one has won more games than the colts.
As long as they have manning and that offense ..just like the pats have brady and BB...they always have a chance in the post season- salary cap or no cap.just my 2 cents.
I never said they can't do it. But until proven otherwise they're just another team so prideful in what they did to win one who can now sit back and say . . . The Patriots did that three times ??? :eek:

Flattery is the sincerest form of imitation. Imitation is also the sincerest form of flattery. I guess now the Colts consider themselves in a position to make a run at a dynasty. First, their owner is insane.Secondly,just when Tony thinks he has it figured out,he probably doesn't. Sorry-I'd predict a brain war between mangini and Belichick before I'd bet on any brain war between Belichick and Dungy. Dungy is a follower. Belichick is a leader.

Hmm, there were many, many people who predicted the demise of the Colt's when Edge left.

How's that working out?

a year ago, I'm sure there were thousands of Steelers fans thinking, "As long as we have Cowher and Big Ben, we'll compete"

How did that work out?

Tony Dungy is a class act. There's no one I'm happier for than he.

Actually, Peyton's planning on cutting way back on his endorsement career in the near future, according to my sources..
Your sources? You mean the guys who deliver pizza to your mom's basement?

"Hey, dude. I hear Manning's not going to do so many commercials next year. That's fifteen bucks for the pizza."

Seriously, I think this Celtic-Laker rivalry is a little much just yet. Win two of the next three and we can talk in 2010. Until then, you are just the latest version of Tampa Bay. One and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents