PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
If both are healthy on the field at the same time, to me they can do damage. They have cat-like quickness, chemistry with Tom and are always together off the field, kind of like best buds which is good for on field chemistry. I know some may disagree but I think these two can put defenders on skates and carry the offense if healthy.. Any thoughts? Athletically you can't say they lack anything and both are faster and quicker then Welker, and are willing to go deep. .. I know I will have some doubters but feedback please......

If both are healthy on the field at the same time, to me they can do damage. They have cat-like quickness, chemistry with Tom and are always together off the field, kind of like best buds which is good for on field chemistry. I know some may disagree but I think these two can put defenders on skates and carry the offense if healthy.. Any thoughts? Athletically you can't say they lack anything and both are faster and quicker then Welker, and are willing to go deep. .. I know I will have some doubters but feedback please......

I agree...but i don't think we will see them on the field in the same games that often...both will miss games this year of course..imagine if edelman can put in a full year!?!?! Yeah i know...

I agree...but i don't think we will see them on the field in the same games that often...both will miss games this year of course..imagine if edelman can put in a full year!?!?! Yeah i know...

I know, but you have to believe that he will. Have to be optimistic .. don't dwell on the what ifs! lol He is healthy so far, and Danny only has a pulled groin so, so far so good, lets keep it like that.:rocker:

just imagine what hernandez, gronk, edelman, and amendola would've done. :(

on top of that a legit 6ft 3+ speedy freak who can go get it. :(

Edelman had only caught a handful of passes In his career that weren't screens and he dropped 2 td passes on the same drive last week.
If he is #2 we have a weak wr corps. If he is a role player who catches screens and is a 4th or 5th option when we spread the field then he is an asset

Judging by your usual amount of freakish optimism, let me guess before I even read the OP:

Both Amendola and Edelman will be sharing the co-MVP award this year, as they will surely each top 2000 yds and both have 15+ touchdowns?

Both are clearly better than Welker?

Both are clearly weapons of mass destruction as it pertains to any of the opposing NFL teams, and they'd each easily be WR1's on any other team?

Am I close with any of these? :D

Judging by your usual amount of freakish optimism, let me guess before I even read the OP:

Both Amendola and Edelman will be sharing the co-MVP award this year, as they will surely each top 2000 yds and both have 15+ touchdowns?

Both are clearly better than Welker?

Both are clearly weapons of mass destruction as it pertains to any of the opposing NFL teams, and they'd each easily be WR1's on any other team?

Am I close with any of these? :D

Athletically you can't say they lack anything and both are faster and quicker then Welker

Oh my god...I nailed it without even looking!!!

:D

I think Danny will play tomorrow. With the need of him, he can tough it out like the bills game I think. Then he gets a week and a half to heal.

Remember, a arrow has to be pulled back on a string until it can go forward, could this analogy fit this team?? Gonna have to wait, but don't ever count that pats out if there is tremendous doubt, they love to thrive at those moments.

I think Danny will play tomorrow. With the need of him, he can tough it out like the bills game I think. Then he gets a week and a half to heal.

Remember, a arrow has to be pulled back on a string until it can go forward, could this analogy fit this team?? Gonna have to wait, but don't ever count that pats out if there is tremendous doubt, they love to thrive at those moments.

With all due respect AA12, I think that's a horrible idea.

First of all, he's listed as doubtful, so the odds are at 25% in a best case scenario.

On top of that though, it is a shortened week, and having a potentially nagging injury such as a groin pull that was still bothering him after 2+ weeks of missed time in the preseason doesn't help. We just saw that 2+ weeks was not enough for this to properly heal.

Playing TWO games in a four day stretch would be a very, very bad idea for this type of injury.
It's much better to allow him 2+ weeks in between games and hope that he is able to come back for the 3rd game vs. Tampa Bay. If not, then he should be ready for the ATL game the next week, which would give him 3+ weeks off.

We have to use this "mini-bye" to our advantage with these banged up players, especially when they played in week one like Amendola. I don't think it was ever much of an option for him to play tomorrow to be honest, but we'll have to see how it works out. You may be right, but I have serious doubts. It's better to look at the long term picture and take advantage of the 10 day break. He's way too important to this offense.

Amendola is a mid level WR that will put up some nice numbers if he can stay on the field, Julian Edelman will be shut down once teams start game planning for him like he's the #2 WR

Honestly my thoughts are. Amendola is a stud when on the field and i don't think that can be questioned.

Edelman in my opinion is a guy i love... love his competitiveness and fire. he is a terrific athlete with both speed and quickness. However he falls down for me in one area. That area is hands, he doesn't have soft hands and isn't a natural receiver. He is fast and quick enough to get seperating e.t.c but on back shoulders, deep balls in traffic e.t.c he just isn't that guy (IMO obviously) who catches 90%+ of the balls which hit him.

The example that highlights this to me is the TD that went through his arms on Sunday i love the guy but until that changes IMO he can't be counted on as a #2 receiver which should be his ambition.

Gronkowski coming back will make their tandem more effective because he would then allow one of them to run more deeper, shallow routes on the boundary.

They could work effectively in a platoon as long as someone else is occupying the seam and middle of the field to free up more space to operate underneath. That's why Rob's return will be so vital to the offense going forward. Teams will have to commit two defenders on him otherwise he'll torch them.

Edelman had only caught a handful of passes In his career that weren't screens and he dropped 2 td passes on the same drive last week.
If he is #2 we have a weak wr corps. If he is a role player who catches screens and is a 4th or 5th option when we spread the field then he is an asset

I disagree that he dropped 2 TD passes. The first at the front of the end zone was a drop he should have used his hands not his forearms to try and catch the ball. The second one in the back corner though there was very little he could do, Brady needed to put it in a place that no defender would get it which he did JE had position but the ball was just out of his reach he only got fingertips to it. Even had he caught it the DB would have been able to push him out of bounds.

I do believe there is no way for a team to defend versus Gronk, DA and JE if they are all healthy. Gronk commands a double team leaving DA and JE singled up with deep threats able to clear some space leaving 3 or 4 defenders underneath for 3 guys. Edleman showed on Sunday he can find a weak spot in a zone.

I think both are excellent when on the field, the problem for me is that they are both likely to spend more time in the treatment room.

Injury proneness aside, I think out of all people, Rex Ryan put it the best: "Amendola and Edeleman are like two Welker clones"

I disagree that he dropped 2 TD passes. The first at the front of the end zone was a drop he should have used his hands not his forearms to try and catch the ball. The second one in the back corner though there was very little he could do, Brady needed to put it in a place that no defender would get it which he did JE had position but the ball was just out of his reach he only got fingertips to it. Even had he caught it the DB would have been able to push him out of bounds.

I do believe there is no way for a team to defend versus Gronk, DA and JE if they are all healthy. Gronk commands a double team leaving DA and JE singled up with deep threats able to clear some space leaving 3 or 4 defenders underneath for 3 guys. Edleman showed on Sunday he can find a weak spot in a zone.
Now we are saying Edelman is undefendable?
He has been in the NFL 4 years and caught something like 40 passes that werent screens.

Amendola is a mid level WR that will put up some nice numbers if he can stay on the field, Julian Edelman will be shut down once teams start game planning for him like he's the #2 WR

not sure what you mean by mid level WR. like Welker, healthy amendola will put up 100 rec yards and probably go over 1000 yards. and from what i've seen so far, he would drop less.

sounds like he can be an elite WR to me. but of course if he can stay on the field.

i

not sure what you mean by mid level WR. like Welker, healthy amendola will put up 100 rec yards and probably go over 1000 yards. and from what i've seen so far, he would drop less.

sounds like he can be an elite WR to me. but of course if he can stay on the field.

i

IMO to be a elite WR you have to do it every week. but its not even about being elite just be on the field each week to make that one play when the team needs you that's what givens Branch and brown did and that's what im hoping Danny Amendola Julian Edelman the rookies and Gronk can do as a whole cause I don't think Amendola and Edelman can do it on there own even if they are both on the field for 14 games each

You Bastid! I needed to change my sig again!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back