PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHB votes only Jeff Kent and not Papi for HOF

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Only CHB would have a ballot like that. Shocker

Last edited:
He was merely being consistent with not voting for steroid users... Perhaps in Ortiz' case Shank's not voting for him is a one-time thing that might also have to do with his being mostly a DH...If that's true then I respect his position and in fact heartily agree with him...The other 5 glob-holes on the other hand who voted for Bonds & Clemens can GFT...

It's always a tingle up the leg thrill to enter the Baseball Hall of Fame and peruse the feature exhibits that immortalize BBWAA, the real Boys of Summer.

When I think of how the Saux broke the curse almost two decades ago, I instantly reflect on the monumental seasons Shank and Cafardo had, two legends in the making at the time; No Days Off, No Buffets Left Behind.
How these men didn't each have their own Duck Boat in '04 so the citizens of Red Sox Nation could honor these courageous warriors is beyond belief. Happily, the world can honor these true baseball icons in a permanent setting.

For those looking to honor recently retired players who failed the BBWAA's stringent code of excellence, fear not, enhanced booth space is being made available at the strip mall across the street next to Pete Rose's Trading Card Emporium & Betting Parlor.
Who knows, a real Hall of Famer like CHB might stop by to thrill the shoppers.

if i were a voter, i would look at the career stats and achievements before the alleged steroid use took place...then determine if they are worthy. Bonds (before steroids)was one of the best all around 5 tool players ever to play the game. Clemens (before steroids) was one of the best power pitcher of his or any other generation. Papi, in my opinion, was THE MOST CLUTCH player in baseball history. **** Shaughnessy. He has always been a hack and has a high opinion of himself. The epitome of Boston Media

if i were a voter, i would look at the career stats and achievements before the alleged steroid use took place...then determine if they are worthy. Bonds (before steroids)was one of the best all around 5 tool players ever to play the game. Clemens (before steroids) was one of the best power pitcher of his or any other generation. Papi, in my opinion, was THE MOST CLUTCH player in baseball history. **** Shaughnessy. He has always been a hack and has a high opinion of himself. The epitome of Boston Media

**** Clemens & Bonds, forever.

He was merely being consistent with not voting for steroid users... Perhaps in Ortiz' case Shank's not voting for him is a one-time thing that might also have to do with his being mostly a DH...If that's true then I respect his position and in fact heartily agree with him...The other 5 glob-holes on the other hand who voted for Bonds & Clemens can GFT...
The CHB, has done this for a couple of years now, and many of the players he could have voted for had no suspect history. Hes just and arrogant, condecending, azzhole who needs his vote taken away from him.

Not to get into the whole thing but what was this alleged thing with Ortiz? I know one year he had supplements that triggered a positive and then he explained the whole thing, basically some supplements in the Dominican which were not steroids and he had no idea and once the MLB looked at it I think he was cleared. Was it this thing or something else ? Just look at Ortiz, big fat guy body, guy wasn't a roider, his head didn't grow over 15 years....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back