PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos wanted to trade back into the first-round to get Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortLauderdaleBroncosFan

On the Roster
Reaction score
So, after taking Cutler at No. 11, he called around, trying to get back in.

"All I said was if I would give up next year's first-rounder and maybe one of our draft choices this year to get Maroney," he told me Monday. "Everybody laughed at us. We tried. They laughed at us. We talked with four or five people that were right after us. People that we thought would be interested. Nobody was interested in even talking about it."

http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_5142099,00.html

If all they offered was a 2007 #1 and MAYBE a 2006 pick, no wonder no-one did it. Now, if they'd offered their 2006 #2 and 2007 #1 to us I'd have done that in a second.

I really don't understand this. They already have a back who is better than Maroney (at this moment, I consider Tatum Bell a better back, though that might change). I know Shanahan was completely enamored by Maroney, but right now, Tatum Bell is the better back. Who knows, maybe it's the system, and not the back. Maroney's college team ran the same zone blocking scheme that Denver runs. Too bad we don't use a zone blocking scheme.

scott99 said:
I know Shanahan was completely enamored by Maroney, but right now, Tatum Bell is the better back.
Shanahan is lukewarm on him as evidenced by the time Mike Bell gets. T. Bell may have better numbers but I think Shanahan would completely disagree with your assesment of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes