PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB is making DAMN sure that this team is FOCUSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Bill hammers it home
Link|Comments (0) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff January 15, 2008 02:09 PM
FOXBOROUGH – Sensing the edgy mood here at Gillette Stadium, it appears that Bill Belichick came down hard on the players in a morning meeting. In the process, he drilled home the point that the Chargers are a dangerous team.

“If he was a trial lawyer today, he won by a landslide,” fullback Heath Evans said.

Evans said players were handed a stat sheet that included all the areas in which the Chargers have been impressive.

“If fear is ever good, he put fear in us by what they’ve accomplished and what they’ve done consistently for the last two months,” Evans said.

One statistic that stood to Evans was turnover differential.

“I think he said they were 11- or 12-0 when they win the turnover battle,” Evans relayed. “Just that, as a running back, it’s more focus on ball security.”

Evans was one of a handful of players who drew a large media crowd in the locker room today. WR Donte’ Stallworth and TE Kyle Brady were two others answering questions from a large group of reporters.

If the Chargers were hoping that the Pats would overlook them, BB just made sure that would NOT happen.

Last edited:
Re: BB is making DAMN sure that we take this team SERIOUSLY.

He better, this is the most important game of the season.

this is the reason why PATS is the GREATEST team in NFL because they don't underestimate anybody when they have received many awards.

Just goes to show you the difference between the Pats and:

1. This years Cowboys - Prior to their game against the Giants, Jones giving tickets away to the NFC Championship game. How pompous.

2. 2001 Pittsburgh Steelers - Thanks for the hotel rooms Kordell.

Focus on the next game AND only the next game. This is certainly not the same team we saw in week 2.

1. This years Cowboys - Prior to their game against the Giants, Jones giving tickets away to the NFC Championship game. How pompous.

And of course the Giants found out about it, and the players said it got them really fired up. How stupid of Jones. I wonder if Wade Phillips knew, because if he did he should have stopped it.

Can you imagine Kraft handing out tickets for the championship game in front of Belichick?

I think there was another posting under Reiss' blog that compared the #s of the two teams in the last few games and against similar opponents.

Those #s make me worried.

Hope our D plays with an angry attitude and shut out the Bolts...

I think there was another posting under Reiss' blog that compared the #s of the two teams in the last few games and against similar opponents.

Those #s make me worried.

Hope our D plays with an angry attitude and shut out the Bolts...

They keep calling them Old, and Our D will show them just what Old means to us!!!!! 54Bru Rocks:rocker:
Did Rodney look old to anybody? HELL NO

I cant believe that Pats and overlook are still in the same sentence...seriously, a team doesnt go 16-0 without being able to focus on the task at hand. And thats the regular season, you think overlooking would be happening in the playoffs??

I cant believe that Pats and overlook are still in the same sentence...seriously, a team doesnt go 16-0 without being able to focus on the task at hand.

Well, they did need a double helping of luck to win the Ravens game. I think we can all agree that they had no business winning that game.

Well, they did need a double helping of luck to win the Ravens game. I think we can all agree that they had no business winning that game.

If they go 19-0, that Ravens game is going to be amazing to look back on. The Ravens timeout when Brady was stopped cold on fourth down-unbelievable.

If they go 19-0, that Ravens game is going to be amazing to look back on. The Ravens timeout when Brady was stopped cold on fourth down-unbelievable.

This is how urban legends propagate.

For the record again,
Brady stated afterward that he heard the whistle
and thereafter simply went through the motions.
No one has said so, but my eyes told me that
so did the left side of our line.

For the record again,

My 100% honest impression was that Brady was joking when he said that, he was smiling and had a "phew, that was a close call" look on his face. And it didn't look like he was going anywhere no matter what.

For the record again,

Wildo7 is right, Brady was joking. He was stopped on fourth down, and he knew it, no one on the Pats stopped playing on that play.

Wildo7 is right, Brady was joking. He was stopped on fourth down, and he knew it, no one on the Pats stopped playing on that play.

He was joking, but he was pissed off. He knew where the questions were leading and wanted to nip it in the bud right away.

Yeah, but you know I personally think that if anybody was to go 19 - 0, there would have to be a game or two that they "should" have lost. You have to be great, with a hint of luck to pull something like this off. The Ravens game was their luck game.

I'm sure thankful now that they had some "character" games mixed in with the blowouts.

I believe this will be the first time Rodney Harrison will actually play against the Chargers since he left them because he was either injured or out for other reasons. So Rodney and Junior will definetly be focused and have the rest of the team pumped also.

Speaking of Rodney, I'm feelin' a lot better this year with him healthy for the playoffs. These last two years without him were pure anguish!

'cept of course the fact that he's had a stupid penalty in each of the last few games.

Talk about not looking old - that's Rookie stuff Rodney. Keep it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes