PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Admendola To Raidaz

you live on the East Side??
I did. I was on Pratt Street (and also 4th, Forest, and Hope). In Borrington now.

I did. I was on Pratt Street (and also 4th, Forest, and Hope). In Borrington now.
Seems like a lifetime ago. Barrington Eagle, class of ‘76

Everyone wants to go with McDaniels. Amendola, hoyer...

Not bill..

Everyone wants to go with McDaniels. Amendola, hoyer...

Not bill..

Amendola was openly resentful of Belichick for getting him to take salary cuts, and I seriously doubt you would have wanted him to get paid more. And Hoyer has spent years with Belichick and was released, he then signed with a former coach, that’s as normal is gets. You can hate Belichick all you want, but this is stupid sh.t.

we MUST know each other....I worked at Geoff's Sandwich Shop as well as Lupo's Headbreak Hotel,the Living Room, Brandywine's and Tortilla Flats....Fourth,Fifth, Methyl,up and down Hope Street, Transit St.,Wayland Square....jeezus...and I spent thousands of hours BS'ng in Davis Delicatessen...old man Davis would utter a Jewish epithet when I'd walk in and tell his customers.."watch out...the crazy goyim is here!!!"...

You went to Davis, at 721 Hope St., almost as much for the schmoozing as the food. It was like a repertory theater.

The characters were Mr. Davis, his daughter Lori, her husband, Mark Glazer, and employee Nate Anthony. There was a definite, if playful, edge in the air, certainly if Mr. Davis was on hand. Like, if my order was tiny, he might say, “For this I had to come to work?”

He regularly asked how I was handicapping an election, and he was quick to offer his political views. He disliked the Kennedys. And don’t even mention Al Sharpton.

He’s 88 now, and God bless him.

It was a quirky place. When you were checking out, one person – say, Mark – would call out the price of each item. Someone else – say, Mr. Davis – would tote them up on an old-fashioned adding machine.

I wasn’t around when the business began in 1906, but I can tell you that right to the end, in 2020, they took no credit cards.

Some things did change. When you walked in the store years ago, you had to take a number, a paper slip from a dispenser. Eventually, they stopped doing that. But I recall those days well because Lori once took a Number 1 slip and crafted it into a souvenir lifetime pass for me.

I loved the glistening lox, which my friend Andy Miller says they’d cut for him so thin it had only one side.

I’d often see Jerry Kapstein, the Red Sox senior adviser who later ran for lieutenant governor, standing near the counter, waiting for his lox order. One day I whipped out my iPhone to take his picture, but, no, he snapped that I was violating his privacy.

Most of the people you’d see in there were Jewish, of course, but one time I brought in Sheldon Whitehouse, now the U.S. senator, and they made him a bagel and cream cheese, and he loved it.

we MUST know each other....I worked at Geoff's Sandwich Shop as well as Lupo's Headbreak Hotel,the Living Room, Brandywine's and Tortilla Flats....Fourth,Fifth, Methyl,up and down Hope Street, Transit St.,Wayland Square....jeezus...and I spent thousands of hours BS'ng in Davis Delicatessen...old man Davis would utter a Jewish epithet when I'd walk in and tell his customers.."watch out...the crazy goyim is here!!!"...

You went to Davis, at 721 Hope St., almost as much for the schmoozing as the food. It was like a repertory theater.

The characters were Mr. Davis, his daughter Lori, her husband, Mark Glazer, and employee Nate Anthony. There was a definite, if playful, edge in the air, certainly if Mr. Davis was on hand. Like, if my order was tiny, he might say, “For this I had to come to work?”

He regularly asked how I was handicapping an election, and he was quick to offer his political views. He disliked the Kennedys. And don’t even mention Al Sharpton.

He’s 88 now, and God bless him.

It was a quirky place. When you were checking out, one person – say, Mark – would call out the price of each item. Someone else – say, Mr. Davis – would tote them up on an old-fashioned adding machine.

I wasn’t around when the business began in 1906, but I can tell you that right to the end, in 2020, they took no credit cards.

Some things did change. When you walked in the store years ago, you had to take a number, a paper slip from a dispenser. Eventually, they stopped doing that. But I recall those days well because Lori once took a Number 1 slip and crafted it into a souvenir lifetime pass for me.

I loved the glistening lox, which my friend Andy Miller says they’d cut for him so thin it had only one side.

I’d often see Jerry Kapstein, the Red Sox senior adviser who later ran for lieutenant governor, standing near the counter, waiting for his lox order. One day I whipped out my iPhone to take his picture, but, no, he snapped that I was violating his privacy.

Most of the people you’d see in there were Jewish, of course, but one time I brought in Sheldon Whitehouse, now the U.S. senator, and they made him a bagel and cream cheese, and he loved it.
That was a great read!

You and I must’ve crossed paths several times. I’ve been in all of the places you mentioned a bunch. It was a bummer when Davis’s closed. My dad grew up across the street from the library on Hope St and has lived there the past 10 years again in his childhood home. He knew that crew very well. Someday I’ll own that house and will have to figure out what to do with it.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back