PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Gliding on the tips of his skates.... yeah, sure.
Not really sure what you're debating man. The picture I posted was just after contact so probably not the best still photo for me to have chosen. Watch the replay. There's really no debate. He glided the entire way and made contact with his skates on the ice. More stills below. It was a perfect hit.

upload_2019-5-28_11-15-29.png
upload_2019-5-28_11-18-26.png

Very rarely when a hockey player skates are the entirety of his skate blades on the ice.

As he glided into the hit, bent his knees and lunged forward for impact OF COURSE he was on the tips of his blades.

I mean jeezus, it's hockey. In my 40 years of playing and watching hockey a hit like that has never been considered a penalty.

Krug went in the air after impact. That is basic physics. Had Krug sprinted down the ice and in full sprint delivered the hit, THAT would be charging. Launching, which he didn't do, is meaningless anyway.

Not really sure what you're debating man. The picture I posted was just after contact so probably not the best still photo for me to have chosen. Watch the replay. There's really no debate. He glided the entire way and made contact with his skates on the ice. More stills below. It was a perfect hit.

View attachment 23422
View attachment 23423

You've got some balls on you, posting actual evidence when that's clearly not how it's done here :confused:

View attachment 23422
View attachment 23423

I don't mean to split hairs and I could well be wrong- but it seems like he's in the act of leaving his feet. I'm just debating the technical aspect of the hit- not the moral aspect (it was absolutely justified). IMO, since it's impossible to skate on the tips of your blade, he could be considered to have left his feet once the blades are no longer flat on the ice.

My bad. When I saw this...

I mistakenly thought you might be interested in what really happened :rolleyes:

Hey, it's a boring day at work. Help me pass it quickly, willya? :rolleyes:

View attachment 23422
View attachment 23423
So... yea... can this stop now? Dorito really can't provide much better evidence than that.

Hey, it's a boring day at work. Help me pass it quickly, willya? :rolleyes:

So... yea... can this stop now? Dorito really can't provide much better evidence than that.

Maybe we can move on to discussing how many style points "bad hockey" should deduct from "a 'D' level game"

I thought that the B's looked great last night, keep in mind they hit what three post? The two giveaways were awful, but outside of that, they clearly looked like the better hockey team.

St. Louis has basically won their way to the Final via attrition, San Jose was missing three keys players by the end of the last series. As long as the Bruins stay healthy, I don't see them losing this series.

I thought that the B's looked great last night, keep in mind they hit what three post? The two giveaways were awful, but outside of that, they clearly looked like the better hockey team.

St. Louis has basically won their way to the Final via attrition, San Jose was missing three keys players by the end of the last series. As long as the Bruins stay healthy, I don't see them losing this series.

I agree wholeheartedly with the 1st paragraph but I don't think we should be diminishing the Blues any because they survived the battle of attrition to reach the finals. If anything I commend them for it.

Last edited:
Rooney > Jacobs

Now that hockey has a hard cap I'm not so sure that an absentee landlord owner is necessarily a bad thing.

Watching the Western Conference Finals I thought the two teams were playing much slower than all the Eastern Conference teams the Bruins have played did. I was waiting for game one to see if that perception was true and for at least one game it was. If the Bruins can clean up those unforced turnovers in their own end they're going to win this series barring injuries. There were games against Toronto and Columbus where the Bruins were out played but were lucky enough to win. Last night they dominated play and could have won by an even bigger margin.

Watching the Western Conference Finals I thought the two teams were playing much slower than all the Eastern Conference teams the Bruins have played did. I was waiting for game one to see if that perception was true and for at least one game it was. If the Bruins can clean up those unforced turnovers in their own end they're going to win this series barring injuries. There were games against Toronto and Columbus where the Bruins were out played but were lucky enough to win. Last night they dominated play and could have won by an even bigger margin.

Solid observation. I think last night looked more like a game from the Canes series in that the B's were the faster team and once they got their legs under them their speed dictated the game

Last edited:
Hockey players are just that toughest sobs in all of sports. Broken wrist? They play. Punctured lung? They play. Gash to the forearm? No big deal. Always in awe of their toughness that would put the average athlete on the dl.

Hockey players are just that toughest sobs in all of sports. Broken wrist? They play. Punctured lung? They play. Gash to the forearm? No big deal. Always in awe of their toughness that would put the average athlete on the dl.
And the hair... Jesus the hair... 90% have Stallion locks...bastards :mad:

I could be wrong but doesn't look like his skates are on the ice.
I agree wholeheartedly with the 1st paragraph but I don't think we should be should be diminishing the Blues any because they survived the battle of attrition to reach the finals. If anything I commend them for it.
In my opinion the Stanley Cup playoffs are the most grueling of all the major professional sports. It's not by luck or happenstance...any team there, has earned it.

In my opinion the Stanley Cup playoffs are the most grueling of all the major professional sports. It's not by luck or happenstance...any team there, has earned it.

Agreed President Trophy or not, no guarantee’s, home ice? Helps maybe a little, but by no means the solution. Hottest goal tender, great defense and a solid offense is the premium.

My point was about "due" in general, as opposed to "due" for a specific team. The Blues aren't really "due", because they haven't often been competitive and fallen just short, but have largely just not been a particular factor. They're like the Jets that way. A team like the Bills were "due" during their 4 year run at the SB, but they didn't get over the hump in that instance. On the other hand, Elway was also "due", given the number of appearances he had, and he managed to win. Elway won, because he was "due" and playing when the NFC finally fell back towards being less dominant over the AFC after a run of almost 20 years. Buffalo lost, because it was "due" when the NFC was still kicking the tar out of the AFC.

So, sure, "due" is about talent. But it's also about timing and the odds, and the calls, and injuries/sickness, and more. Or, to put it another way:

If the Bruins hadn't won the cup just a few years ago, we'd all be talking about how they were "due" to have a year where they didn't have to face an Islanders or Oilers dynasty, or an uber talented team like the Lightning, on their quest for the cup.

But, in the end, "due", as applied in sports, is such a vague term that we can probably all sit back secure in the knowledge/belief that we had a valid point. So, looking back at it, I probably shouldn't have responded to One-Be-low, and he has my apology for being so absolutist in my response to him.
Pretty sure I still have homework due from High School

...which makes it overdue

I don't mean to split hairs and I could well be wrong- but it seems like he's in the act of leaving his feet. I'm just debating the technical aspect of the hit- not the moral aspect (it was absolutely justified). IMO, since it's impossible to skate on the tips of your blade, he could be considered to have left his feet once the blades are no longer flat on the ice.
are-you-serious-06i2ub.jpg

This is hilarious. Every post of yours on this thread proves more and more how little you know about hockey. I'm convinced you just flap your gums and play contrarian just to try to rile people up

Why would you think I care about your opinion, when you clown yourself time and again? Your post here is yet another prime example.

The Bruins absolutely dominated and kicked ass all night, other than about a 3 minute stretch in the first. They made two really boneheaded plays, each of which led to goals. It happens. Other than that, they controlled the game from start to finish and dominated every facet of the game. The Blues had a grand total of two shots all second period, and overall were outshot 38-20. "Bad hockey" teams don't dominate shots, TOA, hits, puck battles, etc.

We're going to win in 5, if not sweep, and you'll be in here telling us the Bruins played poorly this postseason lmao

You seem to have missed the point of what I was saying. Even playing poorly, the Bruins managed to take the lead (3-2) and ended up winning. That's a good thing moving forward.

And, before you respond, take a moment to read:

But Boston was quick to acknowledge that it took them a bit to shake some of the rust off after a first period that saw them trail 1-0.

Said Zdeno Chara: “They were better. But I thought as the game went on, we got better we played our game. We were were able to capitalize on our chances.”

Connor Clifton agreed with his teammates.

“We were 11 days off, like I said. It’s tough to come out and be 100% sure. We were a little flat. It is what it is. We knew we could play better.”

Bruins Acknowledge Game 1 Rust After Long Layoff Before Stanley Cup Final

Marcus Johansson Breaks Down Bruins’ Turnaround In Game 1 Win Vs. Blues

And here's article after article pointing out the slow start.

bruins slow start game one blues at DuckDuckGo

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST