PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Brady will get a two-year extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
The consensus on this board appears to be that the Pats dynasty will begin and end with Tom Brady. Fortunately BB will never think this way.

Anyone who has been paying attention over the past 17 years knows that BB has a plan to remain competitive in the post Brady years and that may very well require moving on from Tom one year to soon, if that proves that be in "the best interests of the football team".

Can't wait for it, can ya?

Can't wait for it, can ya?

Right on the money. I can understand why fans of every other team in football would be begging for Brady to retire, it would end their dynasty. I can't however understand why any Patriot fan would want to end their dynasty while it is still in peak form, and quite possibly stronger than it has ever been. I get why people like Garrapolo, he played really well during his brief stint last season. That said he will never be Brady and anyone thinking he will should get mental health care immediately. Garrapolo can be a pro bowl QB and never have a season as Brady did at 39 years old. People should really enjoy the rest of Brady's career as when he hangs them up the dynasty will be over. They will most likely remain a contender as long as Belichick is around, and hopefully beyond that, but we will never see this kind of dominance again.

The consensus on this board appears to be that the Pats dynasty will begin and end with Tom Brady. Fortunately BB will never think this way.

Anyone who has been paying attention over the past 17 years knows that BB has a plan to remain competitive in the post Brady years and that may very well require moving on from Tom one year to soon, if that proves that be in "the best interests of the football team".
Some of you guys look at the "one year early" deal like the NRA looks at the 2nd amendment. The thing is Belichick has never had to weigh moving a player of Brady's caliber before. He is unique. Replacing Wifork or Malloy for example(or you pick the guys) had way less impact than the loss of Brady at his current performance level would have.

I guess I haven't been paying attention.
Please detail for me everything that belichick has done to show you that he has a plan to dump the GOAT, you know the guy who has been most responsible for the dynasty and continue right along with half the QB.

Right on the money. I can understand why fans of every other team in football would be begging for Brady to retire, it would end their dynasty. I can't however understand why any Patriot fan would want to end their dynasty while it is still in peak form, and quite possibly stronger than it has ever been. I get why people like Garrapolo, he played really well during his brief stint last season. That said he will never be Brady and anyone thinking he will should get mental health care immediately. Garrapolo can be a pro bowl QB and never have a season as Brady did at 39 years old. People should really enjoy the rest of Brady's career as when he hangs them up the dynasty will be over. They will most likely remain a contender as long as Belichick is around, and hopefully beyond that, but we will never see this kind of dominance again.

I think saying the Dynastys over when Brady retires is jumping out the window a bit, in BB we trust

I think saying the Dynastys over when Brady retires is jumping out the window a bit, in BB we trust
The dynasty wouldn't have existed without Brady

Sure BB is a great coach but with the GOAT he only won championships by slim margins.
I'm sure he would have been successful just not anything close to this.

Believe what you want, Belichick is the GOAT but it took a GOAT QB with him to achieve what they have achieved together, and you are high if you think Jimmy Garrapolo is going to be anywhere near as good as Brady has been. Getting rid of Brady is without question the dumbest idea anyone here has ever had.

I'll say it again, the Dynasty is over the day Bradyhangs them up.

Believe what you want, Belichick is the GOAT but it took a GOAT QB with him to achieve what they have achieved together, and you are high if you think Jimmy Garrapolo is going to be anywhere near as good as Brady has been. Getting rid of Brady is without question the dumbest idea anyone here has ever had.

No one is saying to get rid of him. Some of us don't believe that all the avacodo ice cream in the world will allow him to play at a high level into his mid 40's. Some of us remember the 80's and would much prefer sacrificing the last year of Brady's peak to ensure he's succeeded by a top tier QB. allowing the Pats to compete for championships as long as BB sticks around.

Frankly, the repetitive postings drowning out anyone who suggests Brady is not immortal is killing this site.

No one is saying to get rid of him. Some of us don't believe that all the avacodo ice cream in the world will allow him to play at a high level into his mid 40's. Some of us remember the 80's and would much prefer sacrificing the last year of Brady's peak to ensure he's succeeded by a top tier QB. allowing the Pats to compete for championships as long as BB sticks around.

Frankly, the repetitive postings drowning out anyone who hints at Brady's immortality is killing this site.

You said they should dump Brady even if they go 19-0. That kind of stupidity is far worse for this forum than calling bullsh.t on it.You can't even make a semblance of an argument to support it.

You said they should dump Brady even if they go 19-0. That kind of stupidity is far worse for this forum than calling bullsh.t on it.You can't even make a semblance of an argument to support it.

That was a different poster. I am saying that if BB feels that JG is a franchise QB, they need to hold onto him at all costs, because good young QBs are extraordinary hard to acquire.

Some of you guys look at the "one year early" deal like the NRA looks at the 2nd amendment. The thing is Belichick has never had to weigh moving a player of Brady's caliber before. He is unique. Replacing Wifork or Malloy for example(or you pick the guys) had way less impact than the loss of Brady at his current performance level would have.
Yeah, again for those with short attention spans, belichick isn't going to cut Brady while he's still putting up MVP numbers and winning Superbowls. And nobody is askong him to

That said the day will never come where it is smart to put all your eggs in one 40 year old basket. While he's the undisputed #1 right now and for the forseable future, you CAN'T mortgage your future to a guy like this. You HAVE to take any 40 year old athlete, even TB12, one year at a time, and have a plan ready for the year when he's no longer the answer. If you dpon't you're signalling that the team is going to break itself up on Brady's retirement, and I can't see that ever being Belichick's plan. Our team is way too strong to indicate we consider this ''one of the last years'' by failing to manage the possibility of needing a good replacement. So that is not what belichick did and it is not what he will do.

We could theoretically win the Superbowl without Brady this year and I give 100% of the credit to the head coach. If we handle the replacement question perfectly this era could be known to history as the *MIDDLE* of the Patriots dynasyty. We have the other pieces, a strong act to follow TB12 would put us in playoff contention for a very long time. That's too much to walk away from simply for blind faith in one athlete, even if that athlete is named Brady.

There is a balance to be struck between faith and intelligent risk management. You can not walk away from Tb12 while he's still at the top of his game. You also can't heedlessly fling the franchise down the crapper after him. Neither excessive nor insufficient faith is wise.

So far belichick is doing a great job managing risk without walking away from what Brady has left to give, or the possibility of a continued Dynasty after Brady. I consider that yet another sign that we have the GOAT coach.

So which of the two gives first? Now that to me is the only question that matters. Whether he gives up on the possibility of continuing Championship caliber runs after Brady is no longer elite... whether he betrays all his principles by saddling the team with a now-inferior athlete at a key position just because that athlete is named Brady... well I leave that to the informed to judge whether that is anything like Bill Belichick's character. But it's the sort of thing that losing teams and head coaches with no idea how to win at a sustained rate do. And I doubt Brady would ask for that.

Brady's time in New England is measured by the number of years he will continue to be the best quarterbacking option on his own team. Not by a set number of years or a number on his contract.

Last edited:
Just because some fans are drunk at a bar and are talking schitt doesn't make it anal-ysis.
If so, perhaps our fanbase rating shouldn't be #1 or even #2.

Belichick does not count on any player for 2,3,4 or 5 years.

Belichick has options whenever Brady might be injured, or when he might retire at the end of a season. And yes, that could happen after this season, the next or after five. No matter when, Belichick has his options.

Yeah, again for those with short attention spans, belichick isn't going to cut Brady while he's still putting up MVP numbers and winning Superbowls. And nobody is askong him to

That said the day will never come where it is smart to put all your eggs in one 40 year old basket. While he's the undisputed #1 right now and for the forseable future, you CAN'T mortgage your future to a guy like this. You HAVE to take any 40 year old athlete, even TB12, one year at a time, and have a plan ready for the year when he's no longer the answer. If you dpon't you're signalling that the team is going to break itself up on Brady's retirement, and I can't see that ever being Belichick's plan. Our team is way too strong to indicate we consider this ''one of the last years'' by failing to manage the possibility of needing a good replacement. So that is not what belichick did and it is not what he will do.

We could theoretically win the Superbowl without Brady this year and I give 100% of the credit to the head coach. If we handle the replacement question perfectly this era could be known to history as the *MIDDLE* of the Patriots dynasyty. We have the other pieces, a strong act to follow TB12 would put us in playoff contention for a very long time. That's too much to walk away from simply for blind faith in one athlete, even if that athlete is named Brady.

There is a balance to be struck between faith and intelligent risk management. You can not walk away from Tb12 while he's still at the top of his game. You also can't heedlessly fling the franchise down the crapper after him. Neither excessive nor insufficient faith is wise.

So far belichick is doing a great job managing risk without walking away from what Brady has left to give, or the possibility of a continued Dynasty after Brady. I consider that yet another sign that we have the GOAT coach.

So which of the two gives first? Now that to me is the only question that matters. Whether he gives up on the possibility of continuing Championship caliber runs after Brady is no longer elite... whether he betrays all his principles by saddling the team with a now-inferior athlete at a key position just because that athlete is named Brady... well I leave that to the informed to judge whether that is anything like Bill Belichick's character. But it's the sort of thing that losing teams and head coaches with no idea how to win at a sustained rate do. And I doubt Brady would ask for that.

Brady's time in New England is measured by the number of years he will continue to be the best quarterbacking option on his own team. Not by a set number of years or a number on his contract.

Frankly, the repetitive postings drowning out anyone who suggests Brady is not immortal is killing this site.
Immortal?
You said if he leads them to 19-0 he should be cut.
He is currently the best football player in the world. He is likely to be next March as well.
You are suggesting cutting the best football player in the world after a 19-0 season because the unproven guy might be better than the next unproven guy.
The gap between Brady and JAG is greater than the gap between JAG and the QB BB chooses next, whoever it must be. Yes, Brady is THAT good. It's a shame you haven't been paying attention.

That was a different poster. I am saying that if BB feels that JG is a franchise QB, they need to hold onto him at all costs, because good young QBs are extraordinary hard to acquire.

The bottom line is that you are still talking about getting rid of Brady and keeping Garrapolo, and that is by every measure batsh!t crazy. You want to get rid of the best player in football for a guy who didn't make it through two games when he was needed for four. You have absolutely no idea whether Garrapolo is going to be a good QB or just another flameout once coordinators have tape on him and you are willing to give up on the closest thing to a sure thing that the NFL has ever see just to test your idea out. And two years from now Brady could have two more rings and another MVP and you guys will say "Brady's 42, they can't lose Brissett......"

Comparing today to the 80's is ridiculous. QB's today take nowhere near as much punishment as they did back then.

Immortal?
You said if he leads them to 19-0 he should be cut.
This reminds me.... last night I had..... the dream.

That's right, people. 19-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore